Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Children of the Sun




http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/8.18_%22Threads%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


8.18 "Threads"


INT—SGC O'NEILL'S OFFICE

CARTER
Sorry, Sir. I saw you were with someone. I didn't want to interrupt.

O'NEILL
What's up?

CARTER
Who was that?

O'NEILL
Um, Kerry Johnson. CIA.

[O'Neill sits, while Carter stands at the side of the desk.]

CARTER
I've heard the name. Oh, she was heading up the investigation into Goa'uld still at large after the incident with The Trust.

O'NEILL
Yeah.

CARTER
Sir, I wanted to talk to you about…

O'NEILL
Carter.

CARTER
We haven't heard from him in a week.

O'NEILL
Doesn't mean anything.

CARTER
Sir, we know he was captured by Replicators. Chances are he was onboard a replicator ship when it disintegrated.

O'NEILL
All we know for sure is that he's missing.

CARTER
Sooner or later…

O'NEILL
Forget it! I'm not falling for it this time!

CARTER
Falling for it?

O'NEILL
Yeah. How many times have you thought he was gone and then he shows up… in one form or another. I'm sorry, but we're not having a memorial service for someone who is not dead.

[He looks up at the corner of the room.]

O'NEILL
(shouts)
Do you hear that? I'm not buying it!

[Carter looks around the room then looks at O'Neill, surprised. O'Neill also looks around the room, waiting for a response from Daniel. He looks at Carter, seeing that she is staring at him, bemused.]

O'NEILL
What?

[Carter raises her eyebrows then looks down.]

O'NEILL
He's just waiting for us to say a bunch of nice things about him. Next thing you know, he'll come waltzing through that door. Like, right now.

[O'Neill gestures to the corridor door. Both he and Carter look at the door and wait.]

O'NEILL
Waltzing.

[Carter turns to look at O'Neill.]

O'NEILL
Now.

[As nothing happens, O'Neill turns to find Carter once again looking at him in amazement.]










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/threads-353953/

tv.com


Stargate SG-1 Season 8 Episode 18

Threads

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 11, 2005 on Syfy

AIRED: 3/11/05










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/8.18_%22Threads%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


8.18 "Threads"


INT—DINER

[Daniel is reading the paper as Oma comes over to place a plate of waffles on the table. He shows her Dakara headline in the paper.]

DANIEL
You know about this?

OMA
Yes.

DANIEL
And you're not going to do anything about it?

OMA
You know I can't.

DANIEL
Well, I'm certainly not going to just sit here and let this happen.

[Daniel stands and walks away from the table]

OMA
You can't leave, you're not ascended yet.

[Daniel stops and turns back to face Oma, obviously not happy.]

OMA
You walk through that door, you're choosing the alternative.

[Daniel looks at the door.]

DANIEL
You're saying I'll be dead.

OMA
Pretty much.

[Oma grimaces and nods her head.]

DANIEL
Okay. Ascend me.

OMA
It doesn't mean you'll be able to help your friends. You know the rules.

DANIEL
Yes, but once I'm ascended, I can choose to take human form again, just like last time.

OMA
Technically, yes, but you can't take that paper with you. You won't have any of the knowledge that you've gained here, and good luck ever ascending again. I'm certainly not going to help you a third time.

DANIEL
So you're saying I can know Anubis is plotting to destroy all life in the galaxy and all I can do about it is stay here and contemplate my own enlightenment?



































DSC09668.JPG



































DSC09670.JPG










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/8.18_%22Threads%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


8.18 "Threads"


DANIEL
Hey.

JIM
Hey! Daniel. How's it going?

DANIEL
Do we know each other? I feel like I know you.

JIM
Call me Jim. We ran into each other last time you were ascended.

DANIEL
Ah. Nice to meet you, again.

[They shake hands and Daniel sits between Jim and the woman.]

JIM
Still haven't made up your mind, huh? Death or everlasting enlightenment. I don't really see the choice, myself.

DANIEL
Of course, I don't want to be dead, it's just that…uh. Listen, the reason I came over here was to ask you… why are you talking to me?



































DSC09525 .jpg



































DSC09526 .jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/28/2006 4:13 PM


Some dumbass at Microsoft even said something like that to me at work one day. We were in some training class, I can’t remember the name of it, the instructor had used me to demonstrate something about not giving in to a salesperson or something where I was the person who was non-committal. Then we broke up into groups of three to practice and this one guy said something about making breakfast in bed for me. Earlier, another guy was telling me that he had been an Apache helicopter pilot.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 October 2006 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Andrew_Denton

Jeremiah Andrew Denton Jr.


Navy Cross Citation

"The Navy Cross is presented to Jeremiah A. Denton, Rear Admiral, U.S. Navy, for extraordinary heroism while serving as a Prisoner of War in North Vietnam from February 1966 to May 1966. Under constant pressure from North Vietnamese interrogators and guards, Rear Admiral Denton (then Commander) experienced harassment, intimidation and ruthless treatment in their attempt to gain military information and cooperative participation for propaganda purposes. During this prolonged period of physical and mental agony, he heroically resisted cruelties and continued to promulgate resistance policy and detailed instructions. Forced to attend a press conference with a Japanese correspondent, he blinked out a distress message in Morse Code at the television camera and was understood by United States Naval Intelligence.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:50 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 29 April 2015