Saturday, April 04, 2015

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)




Did I not write about that here at some point? I would have sworn I did.

The timeframe is right too.

I remember it well because I was always aware of the suspicious activity that happened when I left my Renton apartment there in the Seattle suburbs.

I could have sworn I wrote about that day that guy was standing in front of my mailbox. I thought about it since because the place I moved to get away from those zombies has me now standing in clear sight of many other apartments as well as a large parking lot.

Well, that day I walked to check my mailbox where it was located in an open shelter and about the only thing people in the parking could see would be where my feet stopped walking.

That guy was standing there with a cell phone to his ear and some kind of fancy boutique kind of shopping bag as best I recall now and I asked him why he was standing there. He told me because of the cold. I asked him if he was trying to see which mailbox I opened. Then I pointed to the other direction and told him was "cold over there" too. As he turned and walked out of sight I thought I heard him say over the phone "You get that?"

I was always aware of what people were doing because my routine was somewhat predictable about checking the mail. I walked outside to take out the trash and then I would walk over to the leasing office where the mailbox was there on the side of the building. So I figured anyone tracking my garbage would know I was walking to the mailbox too.

I started to suspect the people that would suddenly show up distant in the parking and at a vector approaching my path of arrival at the building were being sent there for evil purpose.

My guess is those criminals were mingling the garbage of their conspirators with mine so they could find it easier at the garbage transfer facility. I started thinking they would use bags easy to recognize and or even more sophisticated would be a tracking device within the bags they threw in next to me and that could be found quickly with a sensor.

I'm pretty sure I wrote here about the significance of the pin code for that new garbage compactor they installed sometime after I moved into that apartment complex. The code was pretty much useless because someone would write it on the wall next to the keypad.

I think I wrote here somewhere about that original garbage bin, the one before the compactor with the password. I walked down there one day and a cat frantically jumped out because of my presence and ran off. I think I wrote about how that cat was probably now tracking across someone's carpet in their apartment.



































DSC09392.JPG










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1862079/releaseinfo

IMDb


Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Release Info

USA 22 January 2012 (Sundance Film Festival)
USA 10 March 2012 (South by Southwest Film Festival)
USA 23 May 2012 (Seattle International Film Festival)
USA 8 June 2012 (limited)





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1862079/plotsummary

IMDb


Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Plot Summary


In Seattle, the editor of a magazine, Bridget, assigns the cynical reporter Jeff and the interns Darius and Arnau to find and interview the author of an advertisement inviting a companion for a time travel. They travel to a coastal town in Washington and Jeff leaves Darius and Arnau watching the PO Box. Darius finds that the man is Kenneth Calloway, who works in a supermarket. Meanwhile Jeff's only interest is to find his former sweetheart that lives in town and Arnau wants to have sexual experience. Now Darius has to find whether Kenneth is a lunatic or has really invented a time machine.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1862079/taglines

IMDb


Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Taglines


WANTED Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. You'll get paid when we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=safety-not-guaranteed

Springfield! Springfield!


Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)


Tomorrow morning first thing,
we hit the post office.
Let's hope our boy checks
his P.O. Box every day.
There she is.
What?
"Wanted, someone to travel
back in time with me,
"this is not a joke.
"P.O. Box 91 Ocean View, Washington.
"You'll get paid after we get back.
Must bring your own weapons.
"Safety not guaranteed."
Hey, here we go.
No way. He's too old to be time traveling.
Come on. That's the time traveling demo.
White beards, spectacles, pipes.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=safety-not-guaranteed

Springfield! Springfield!


Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)


Here she is. Look at you, you went all rogue.
What did you get?
-Got his name, where he works.
-Great.
What did you guys get?
She accepted, but no photo,
so I'm not really sure.
What?
He came here to hook up
with an old high school girlfriend.
Seriously? That's what you've been doing?
Well, I've been doing other stuff too, but
maybe this will change your attitude
a little bit.
That's her when she was 1 8,
I used to see her naked.
So?
So I'm coming back
to try to see her naked again.
I'd be weirded out if some guy tried
to track me down after 20 years.
I'd be weirded out too
if some guy tried to track you down.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:16 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 04 April 2015