Thursday, April 23, 2015

Battlestar Galactica




http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Apollo: There wasn't, wasn't anything in my orders about having any heart-to-heart chats with the old man.



































DSC09578.JPG










http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/battlestar-galacticathe-mini-series-1603714/

tv.com


Battlestar Galactica Episode 1

Battlestar Galactica:The Mini-Series

AIRED: 12/8/03










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 9, 2006


My hunch is that I was taken captive again by natives, where they threw me in to fight a lion. There is this memory I have been thinking about for a while. It was when i was a kid, maybe 7 years old. Mom was married to James Nevell and we lived in De Queen. He had not gone back into the Marines at that time or he had just gotten out. I think it was the former. Anyway, one day, I was rummaging through our storage shed and I found his U.S. Marines-issued saber. Or I found a machete that day. I remember both happening. Anyway, I was playing with the machete or the saber out in the yard and I was chopping away at any threatening blades of grass or tree limbs. At one point, I started to chop a tree limb that was laying on the ground in front of me. After I swung the blade over my head to strike down on the limb, mom's new puppy ran between my legs and run under the blade. I struck the little bastard square on its backbone, but remarkably, I didn't even break the skin. It ran off yelping but wasn't even bleeding. I was very scared because I thought I had just killed it, but it was all right. As I was just writing that memory, I felt a greater association to it and that Costner movie I just wrote about. When I started writing about hitting that dog, I was thinking about something with lions. As in, a lion rushed at me, I leapt into the air, did a something like a somersault, but not the backflip, rather the other....what do you call that? It wouldn't be a backflip....but something like a side-flip....I'll have to look that up. Anyway, as I flipped over the top of the lion, I either punched its backbone or I had some kind of weapon I used to break its back. I have no idea if this is memory or imagination but I think of this many times. I just wish I knew.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/26/2006 4:54 PM
I do have a memory that could support an advanced education at an early age. After Theda married James Nevells, he re-joined the Marines. He was assigned to the El Toro base in California and we moved from Arkansas to live in Santa Ana. I started 2nd grade out there and I remember my teacher talking to me one day. She said that I was being moved into an advanced class with 3rd graders. But I eventually went back to the class of 2nd graders.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 September 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/28/07 2:18 AM
That "memory" most certainly represents that I fought for the South Vietnamese military. The wound on my chin probably represents that I had been wounded in combat. I have puzzled several over that "memory" about how the doctors had told Randy he would never walk again because he had stepped on a landmine. I am thinking he stepped on three landmines. I can "remember" finding his three Purple Hearts stored away on the top shelf of the closet in my bedroom.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 March 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 12:28 AM Monday, May 07, 2007


When I think back to those time, I know that I knew of Vietnam but all I really consciously knew was from my symbolic and artificial memories. My step-father, Randy Romine, had been a radio operator during the Vietnam War and I think that was the extent of my conscious knowledge of Vietnam. In my symbolic memories, around the time I spent a lot of time playing with gunpowder from the ammunition I pulled apart, I “remember” I found 3 Purple Hearts that he had earned from combat in Vietnam.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 May 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Adama: You want some, ah, coffee?

Apollo: No, sir. Thank you, sir.

Adama: Why don't you sit down? (He doesn't sit down) Congratulations on making Captain. I'm sorry I wasn't there.

Apollo: Thank you, sir.

Adama: How's your mother?

Apollo: Getting married.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=terminator-2-judgment-day

Springfield! Springfield!


Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)


[ John Connor: ] You see... we spent a lot of time in Nicaragua and places like that. For a while there, she was with this crazy ex-Green Beret guy... running guns. Then there were some other guys. She'd shack up with anybody she could learn from... so she could teach me how to be this great military leader. Then she gets busted. It's like, "Sorry, kid, your mom's a psycho. Didn't you know?" Like everything I've been brought up to believe is all made-up bullshit. I hated her for that.










From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 11/4/1997 is 1050 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/17/1968 ( premiere US TV series "Julia" ) is 1050 days



From 11/15/1993 ( the USS Wainwright CG 28 decommissioned ) To 11/4/1997 is 1450 days

1450 = 725 + 725

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/28/1967 ( Julia Roberts ) is 725 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/07/and-now-we-know-weve-come-to-help.html ]


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=53509

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Dinner for Senator John F. Kerry

November 4, 1997

Thank you very much, John, Teresa, ladies and gentlemen. First of all, I would very much like to thank Senator Kerry for explaining the commitments he made in the last election, because we were all wondering why we were here tonight. [Laughter] And now we know we've come to help Reverend Kerry keep his vow of poverty. [Laughter]










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries (2003)


Apollo: This seems familiar.

Starbuck: (getting up) Captain Adama, sir. Sorry I wasn't there to greet you with the rest of the squadron. Did they kiss your ass to your satisfaction?

Apollo: So, what's the charge this time?

Starbuck: Mmm. Striking a superior asshole.

Apollo: Ahh. I bet you've been waiting all day to say that one.

Starbuck: Most of the afternoon, yeah. (They laugh.) So how long's it been?

Apollo: Two years.

Starbuck: Two years? We must be gettin' old. Seems like the funeral was just a couple months ago. Your old man's doing fine. We don't talk about it much, maybe two, three times a year. He still struggles with it, though.

Apollo: I haven't seen him.

Starbuck: Why not?

Apollo: Kara, don't even start.

Starbuck: How long are you gonna do this?

Apollo: I'm not doing anything.







































fa485064fe56440.jpg










http://www.azlyrics.com/d/donhenley.html

AZ

DON HENLEY

album: "The End Of The Innocence" (1989)


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/donhenley/theheartofthematter.html


DON HENLEY


"The Heart Of The Matter"

I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear
But I knew that it would come
An old true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone
She said you found someone
And I thought of all the bad luck,
And the struggles we went through
And how I lost me and you lost you
What are these voices outside love's open door
Make us throw off our contentment
And beg for something more?

I'm learning to live without you now
But I miss you sometimes
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again
I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore

These times are so uncertain
There's a yearning undefined
...People filled with rage
We all need a little tenderness
How can love survive in such a graceless age
The trust and self-assurance that can lead to happiness
They're the very things we kill, I guess
Pride and competition cannot fill these empty arms
And the work I put between us,
Doesn't keep me warm

I'm learning to live without you now



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:39 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 23 April 2015