Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Solaris




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307479/quotes

IMDb


Solaris (2002)

Quotes


Snow: See most people, I would think most people in this position would be like, "This... Ah, hmm... I don't know." However, this is at least, this is an incredible opportunity. This is a... what if this is a... this is a gift? I'm a gift. Hey.










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_(operating_system)


Solaris (operating system)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Solaris is a Unix operating system originally developed by Sun Microsystems. It superseded their earlier SunOS in 1993.


History

In 1987, AT&T Corporation and Sun announced that they were collaborating on a project to merge the most popular Unix variants on the market at that time: BSD, System V, and Xenix. This became Unix System V Release 4 (SVR4).

On September 4, 1991, Sun announced that it would replace its existing BSD-derived Unix, SunOS 4, with one based on SVR4. This was identified internally as SunOS 5, but a new marketing name was introduced at the same time: Solaris 2. Although SunOS 4.1.x micro releases were retroactively named Solaris 1 by Sun, the Solaris name is used almost exclusively to refer to the SVR4-derived SunOS 5.0 and later.

The justification for this new "overbrand" was that it encompassed not only SunOS, but also the OpenWindows graphical user interface and Open Network Computing (ONC) functionality. The SunOS minor version is included in the Solaris release number. For example, Solaris 2.4 incorporated SunOS 5.4. After Solaris 2.6, Sun dropped the "2." from the number, so Solaris 7 incorporates SunOS 5.7, and the latest release SunOS 5.11 forms the core of Solaris 11.2.

Solaris originated on the SPARC. The first x86 port, of version 2.1, was originally intended by Sun as a desktop operating system for large businesses that would also use Solaris on their high-end server machines. It included the WABI emulator to support Microsoft Windows applications. For smaller clients, Sun simultaneously maintained the Interactive Unix system that it had acquired from Interactive Systems Corporation.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=solaris

Springfield! Springfield!


Solaris (2002)


Snow.
Kelvin, is it?
Yeah.
Kelvin. Right. Oh, man.
Sorry about that, Kelvin.
Names, you know, just...
For some reason. It, uh...
Yeah. Uh...










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=solaris

Springfield! Springfield!


Solaris (2002)


I mean, I-I do remember things,
but I don't remember being there.
I don't remember experiencing those things.
My... I...
I mean, I'm really really...
really really trying to understand.
And-and these, uh...
These... these strange thoughts
keep coming into my head, and I...
I don't know where they're
coming from, and I'm scared.
Um...
And I-I don't know what's happening.
I-I don't know what's happening.
- What do you think's happening?
- You need rest.
- No...
- Take that.
You don't understand. Because
I don't think that I can live with this.
I don't understand what is happening now.
I mean, this-this-this... I remember this.
I have a memory of it. But...
But I don't. I don't remember
seeing it. I don't...
I don't remember being there. I...










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307479/quotes

IMDb


Solaris (2002)

Quotes


Chris Kelvin: Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong, and somehow I was wrong about everything.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:51 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 15 July 2015