Friday, July 31, 2015

L.T. SMASH




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930281&sid=82571&sn=FXXPHD&st=201507311930&cn=618

excite tv


The Simpsons (Repeat)

618 FXXPHD: Friday, July 31 7:30 PM [ 7:30 PM Friday 31 July 2015 Pacific Time USA ]

Sitcom, Animated

New Kids on the Blecch

Bart, Milhouse, Ralph and Nelson are recruited by boy-band creator L.T. Smash; NSYNC pays a visit to Springfield.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, David Mirkin

Original Air Date: Feb 25, 2001










Somewhere I wrote about my memory of that day I finished the Seattle Marathon course back in November 2003. I wrote about how I finished the course and I remember the course was marked to herd us into the football field and I jogged up to the entrance to the football field where the crowd was seated in the stands and I got on the green field and then I sprinted the rest of the way across the field, passing one other runner along the way on the field. I used to have photographs of that finish. I wrote about how the announcer commented over the loud speaker about my finishing sprint down the field to the finish line where they gave me a finisher's medal.














https://www.google.com/maps/@47.623472,-122.348887,3a,75y,204.63h,105.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s35gA_5pJfQKvcBHGhIedGw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


505 4th Ave N

Seattle, Washington










http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/CABF12.txt

New Kids on the Blecch [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate on FOX: 25-Feb-2001


% Lisa goes to warn L. T. Smash that his band is being used as a
% clandestine recruiting tool by the government.

Lisa: L. T., thank God you're here. The government's playing subliminal messages in your videos!

Smash: Subliminal messages? Do you have any idea of how insane that sounds?

[Lisa notices an anchor tattoo on Smash's arm]

Lisa: Is that a Navy tattoo?

Smash: A Navy tattoo? Do you have any idea of how insane that sounds?










http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/CABF12.txt

New Kids on the Blecch [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate on FOX: 25-Feb-2001


And with five hundred yards to go, the runners from Australia and Djibouti are neck-and-neck. Two weary warriors, now burning with pain and exhaustion. But only one will win the grand prize -- a walking tour of Springfield.










http://www.seattlemarathon.org/2003-marathon-results

SEATTLE MARATHON


2003 MARATHON RESULTS


Name Overall Place Division Place Age Chip Time Official Time


KERRY BURGESS 1222 219/235 38 5:33:55 5:35:11










http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20031201&slug=marathon01m

The Seattle Times


Monday, December 1, 2003


Scenery, supporters offset runners' pain in Seattle Marathon

By J.J. Jensen

Seattle Times staff reporter

Braving temperatures in the low 30s, runners by the hundreds began arriving at Seattle Center before dawn yesterday in preparation for the 34th Seattle Marathon.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 3:47 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: 841 days


Kerry Burgess wrote:
It's been 841 days since I ran the Seattle Marathon. As I was waiting for the race to start, a very attractive young woman kicked my foot and I started talking to her. She was going to college in Provo and I described being out there the previous year for Ironman Utah. She told me that people say to stay out of that lake now because of "dead bodies" in it. I saw her later and she was far ahead of me in the race. I remember also thinking that people were watching me, beyond the normal spectating. I passed by a group of people and heard someone say "there he is." The next day at work, the director my group told me she had been there to watch the finish of the race. She described how she had accidently showed up or something like that, but I wasn't buying it. A cute woman at work that day was wearing clothes that looked suspicously similar to what I had wore for the race.

I think this was the 4th of 5 marathons I finished in a year period. I'm not sure of exact dates offhand but between Dec 2002 and Dec 2003, I completed 5 marathons, 2 sprint triathlons, and I trained for and participated in Ironman CDA, but I dropped out at the midpoint, completing the 2.4 mile swim and then 56 miles of the bike. I had developed serious cramps in my legs during the swim and a cramp in my lower leg was very painful. It was also extremely hot and I let myself get dehydrated. I could have probably taken some advil to relieve the pain in my leg, but being so dehydrated, I was worried about taking anything. I dropped out of the race and didn't really start regretting it until about 3 or days later, so that was an indication to me that I should have dropped out. If I had started regretting it right away, then I probably could have kept going on and at least finished the bike course.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 20 March 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 7:14 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Star Trek: Enterprise


Kerry Burgess wrote:
And there was that time a coworker was telling me about a trip she took to Hawaii. Something was nagging at me about that. It reminded me of when the director told me that she "accidently" showed up at the finish line of the 2003 Seattle Marathon. It didn't so much bother me that she was there, I was just wondering what the hell was going on.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 7:14 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Star Trek: Enterprise


Kerry Burgess wrote:
The day I did the Seattle Marathon, there was a woman at work that was dressed suspiciously similar to what I had wore during the marathon. I don't know, maybe that all bothered me a lot more than I remember. There is just so much bothering me about all this. It just keeps getting worse. Why won't anyone talk to me?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s12e14

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

New Kids on the Blecch


- Groovy, dude.
- Burn down the barbershops!










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34714

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Interview With Hugh Sidey of Time Magazine

August 12, 1987


The President. Well, you see, in a covert operation like that—and the covert operation was a response by us to an appeal from this other group of individuals who wanted to discuss better relations with our country. And it had to be covert for their safety, because contrary to what some of the people have said, I was not doing business with the [Ayatollah] Khomeini. In fact, quite the contrary; these were people that were anticipating another government to follow him. And if you'll remember, at that particular time, almost every day there were reports of his failing health and that his days were very numbered and so forth. And they wanted to talk about a better relation than we have with the present government.










http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/CABF12.txt

New Kids on the Blecch [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate on FOX: 25-Feb-2001


% The mob chases Bart and corners him. A man in a convertible pulls
% up and orders Bart to get in. Bart considers which is riskier:
% Getting in a car with a stranger, or facing a murderous mob. He
% rolls the dice and accepts the ride, tossing his trophy aside. The
% mob goes after it as Bart escapes.

Bart: Who are you?

Smash: Aw, you'll find out in due time.

Bart: [reading an ID badge hanging from the mirror] Well, it says here your name is L. T. Smash.

Smash: The time has come. I'm L. T. Smash.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:30 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 31 July 2015