Wednesday, July 08, 2015

"What's the strongest material you know of?"




http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/3.22_%22Nemesis_Part_1%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


3.22 "Nemesis Part 1" [ Stargate SG-1 ]


O'NEILL
Why haven't these little buggers landed the ship already?

THOR
Their odds of survival in a new environment depend on numbers. They are currently feeding off the ship and replicating.

CARTER
What? Are you saying they are actually eating the ship?

THOR
Ingesting the alloys, yes. They will continue until they risk compromising the integrity of the hull. Then they will land in search of more raw materials.













https://www.google.com/maps/@47.657282,-117.36032,3a,75y,48.44h,82.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0YbhvY2s-fmMuuYbfmi0Hg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


4 S Thor St

Spokane, Washington














https://www.google.com/maps/@47.657282,-117.36032,3a,19.9y,26.94h,89.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0YbhvY2s-fmMuuYbfmi0Hg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656














https://www.google.com/maps/@47.657326,-117.360316,3a,75y,29.88h,81.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1se9B6lZYozthPd-J31k1CWw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


3401 I-90BUS

Spokane, Washington










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/3.22_%22Nemesis_Part_1%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


3.22 "Nemesis Part 1" [ Stargate SG-1 ]


THOR
Colonel Jack O'Neill. I have made these recordings for you in the event that I am dead or unable to pass on the necessary information. Under my command the Beliskner was called into battle against an enemy we have named Replicators. During the battle this ship became infested by the technology. The Replicators accessed the computer, which contained information about your planet, and plotted a course here. The crew was transported off the ship. I destroyed the outbound transporter technology to prevent the Replicators from escaping, and remained in the hopes of stopping the Beliskner from reaching Earth. If you are watching this recording, then I have failed, and I have also likely doomed you to certain death.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 10:55 PM Friday, September 23, 2011


UARS





I guess it finally broke up and reentered the atmosphere sometime after 10:30 PM 23 September 2011 local time Seattle Washington. The last I saw it on the graphic display was that it was approaching or very close to Australia. After that I can't get the graphic display and the status is listed as 'Decayed.'










http://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=21701

REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING


NORAD ID: 21701

Int'l Code: 1991-063B

Perigee: 152.1 km

Apogee: 157.1 km

Inclination: 56.9°

Period: 87.4 min

Semi major axis: 6,525.6 km

Launch date: September 12, 1991

Source: United States (US)

Decay date: 2011-09-24

Comments: The Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS)


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 September 2011 except ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:00 PM Tuesday, August 02, 2011


The tide is high.





A very short while ago, I wanted to do something else, but I was strongly compelled to read through the section in "Red Storm Rising" about when the hostilities actually begin. I record this observation now because of how compelling certain details seem to my conscious mind.

One compelling detail is about a dream I had that must have been two nights ago. I have thought about it quite a few times, or was it this morning? I can't recall for certain. I haven't been sleeping well. I think it might have been less than two days ago. Maybe during a sleep period this time last night. The dream started with someone who was very agitated walking into a room and confronting Nancy Pelosi about why nothing has been done regarding the information I have reported. At first I thought that person who confronted her was me but then today I read something in a news article that was consistent with another notion that was somebody else and was something that had happened that day and somehow I was aware of all because of some kind of method of remote communication. Maybe it could be similar to how those kids could sense when other people were talking about them in the 1975 film "Escape to Witch Mountain." So anyway, Nancy Pelosi, who seemed to have two US Navy people in the room, as I think they were wearing khaki uniforms, and I think the person confronting her and that was angry was also US Navy. She told him that there were two people working on my United States military service record that has not yet become public knowledge but that she is fully aware of.

That dream has faded beyond that point but the reason I decided to write about it is what I read a short while ago in "Red Storm Rising." That angry person, who I thought was me as a United States military officer, was then leaving the office and another officer, a woman, asked him, who seemed to be me, if I had yet emptied that "red clip." I have thought about that dialog most off all since then. At first, I thought about how there was also the sense of going to a firing range and the "clip" refers to a firearm magazine. I thought several times about what a "red clip" could mean. I also thought several times, before picking up the book again and I have not read through that section in years, so why would I have vague but highly specific and relevant thoughts about it today?, about that dialog from that 1986 film "Top Gun" about checking for trailers. I thought maybe that could also be a reference to a "red clip" in that "clip" meant "trailer" and that was something to do with the hostile forces.

So the second reason I decided to make this report is because of something I was thinking about earlier this afternoon as I walked back from the grocery store. I was imagining standing there on that hill overlooking Seattle, and I was describing how the people were now zombies, and then I saw the first United States of America federal military atomic bomb explode in front of me and over downtown Seattle Washington and the fireball engulfed me a few seconds later and then, to make a long story short, I was standing there and my radio circuit started working again and the person asked me if I could see their satellite above me in outer space and I looked up and I focused my eyesight in on a tiny spot in the sky and I could see that satellite that would be impossible for anyone to see with normal vision. Then the person on the radio circuit asked me if I could touch the satellite so I flew up and out and I hovered in front of the satellite and its cameras and I still had radio contact and there was some dialog. There was the sense in my mind as I walked back along the sidewalk this afternoon with all that going through my mind about me destroying another satellite while I was up there but then that sense was also that I should not do that and all they wanted me to do was to grab hold of their satellite and move it into a higher altitude above the planet so that would save them some fuel in the satellite and I did that. The person on the radio told me I was done and I had a few other thoughts about what would happen next but that doesn't really seem relevant to this current observation.










RED STORM RISING [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Tom Clancy


PRINTING HISTORY

G.P. Putnam's Sons hardcover edition / August 1986

Berkley mass-market edition / August 1987


Page 182


SUNNYVALE, CALIFORNIA

What was holding Washington up? the colonel asked himself. All he needed was a simple yes or no. He checked his boards. Three KH-type photoreconnaissance satellites were currently in orbit, plus nine electronic surveillance birds. That was his low-level "constellation." He didn't fear for his higher-flying navigation and communications satellites, but the twelve in low earth orbit, especially the KHs, were valuable and vulnerable. Two of them had Russian killersats in close proximity, and one of his birds was now approaching Soviet territory, with another only forty minutes behind. The third Key-Hole bird didn't have a satellite assigned yet, but the last pass over Leninsk showed another F-type booster being fueled on the pad.

"Take another look at the trailer," he ordered.

A technician made the requisite commands, and half a world away, the satellite fired its altitude control thrusters and pivoted in space to allow its cameras to search for the Russian killer satellite. It had held position fifty miles behind, and nine miles below the American satellite, but now was ... gone.

"They moved it. They moved it in the last half hour." He lifted the phone to tell CINC-NORAD that he was moving the satellite on his own authority. Too late. As the satellite turned again to point its cameras at the ground, a cylindrical mass covered a sizable percentage of the earth's face - there was a flash and the TV screen went blank. Just like that.

"Chris, you have those maneuver commands set up?"

"Yes, sir," the captain answered, still staring at the screen.

"Execute them right now!"

The captain called up the command sequence on his computer console and punched Enter. The colonel's phone rang as the satellites' onboard rocket motors made subtle changes in their orbital paths.

"Argus Control," the colonel answered.

"This is CINC-NORAD. What the hell happened?"

"That Russian killersat closed and detonated. We have no signal from the KH-11, sir. I must assume they have successfully negated the bird. I've just ordered the other two Key-Holes to make a hundred-foot-per-second delta-V. Tell Washington they waited too long, sir."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 August 2011 except ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 5:17 PM Friday, September 16, 2011


http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Dead-NASA-satellite-will-soon-plummet-to-Earth-2160989.php


seattle pi


Dead NASA satellite will soon plummet to Earth

SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer

Updated 02:04 p.m., Thursday, September 8, 2011


WASHINGTON (AP) — A dead NASA satellite will soon fall to Earth





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Atmosphere_Research_Satellite

Wikipedia


Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite


The Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) is an orbital observatory whose mission was to study the Earth’s atmosphere, particularly the protective ozone layer.


End of Mission and Re-Entry

Orbit Lowering Burn

UARS was decommissioned in 2005 and a final orbit lowering burn, followed by the passivation of the satellite's systems was performed in early December. Final re-entry into the atmosphere is expected near 24 September. Some debris may survive to reach the surface.

Re-entry

On September 7, 2011, NASA announced the impending uncontrolled re-entry of UARS and noted that there is a small risk to the public. As of September 15, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 235 km (146 mi) by 265 km (165 mi). Re-entry is expected to take place around the 24th of September.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 September 2011 except ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/4.01_%22Small_Victories_Part_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


4.01 "Small Victories Part 2" [ Stargate SG-1 ]


DANIEL
This new block is corroded.

O'NEILL
And the significance of that is…?

DANIEL
Ok, look. The way Sam explained this to me, the bugs use whatever raw materials are around them to replicate, right? Now these ones are eating the Russian submarine which means that they are basically made out of steel or whatever the sub is made of.

TEAL'C
That is why they are a different color.

DANIEL
And it may also explain why they haven't tried to get off the sub yet.

O'NEILL
(confused)
It does?

DANIEL
They can't. You see they're only as resilient as the raw materials they are made of. These ones aren't like the ones on Thor's ship. They'll rust or short circuit in the water. They're less sophisticated and they're vulnerable.

DAVIS
I'm sorry, it sounds like you're now saying that blowing up the sub will easily destroy them. If that's the case, why don't we do it right now?

DANIEL
Because there is still one bug that could survive.

TEAL'C
The one that survived Thor's ship.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/4.01_%22Small_Victories_Part_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


4.01 "Small Victories Part 2" [ Stargate SG-1 ]


CARTER
So, how long before the replicators reach your planet?

THOR
Two hours.

CARTER
Your ships can go much faster than light speed. I've seen you fly clear across the galaxy in no time.

THOR
Yes.

CARTER
So why are the bug's ships traveling so slow?

THOR
In order to generate the subspace field required to travel at hyperspeed, full power of the generators is required. Presently they are using that power to replicate.










http://koin.com/2015/07/06/is-mysterious-blob-causing-west-coast-drought/

KOIN 6


Is mysterious ‘blob’ causing West Coast drought?

The blob is a huge area of warmer-than-normal water in the Pacific Ocean

Lisa Balick and KOIN 6 News Staff

Published: July 6, 2015, 10:44 pm Updated: July 7, 2015, 10:20 am

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Scientists are looking into something they’ve deemed ‘the blob’ as a reason behind the heat and dry weather in our area.

The blob is a huge area of warmer-than-normal water in the Pacific Ocean that was first noticed 18 months ago. How it got there, however, is still a mystery.

“It’s now about the size of Alaska, so it’s a very big patch and it extends down through the top layer of the ocean which is about 300 feet deep,” Phil Mote, head of the Oregon Climate Change Research Institute at OSU, explained. “So that whole layer is exceptionally warm.”

Scientists are speculating the enormous blob — 1,000 miles in each direction from Alaska to Mexico — could be causing the drought in Oregon, Washington and California.

According to Mote, the problem with the blob is that it’s 5 degrees warmer than the rest of the ocean. Scientists believe air moving over the blob is bringing warmer air to the coast, resulting in a warmer winter and drier spring and summer.

“Last summer was record warm for Oregon, we’re kicking off with another record warm summer. Last winter was the warmest ever in western Oregon and Washington, the spring was quite dry,” Mote said. “So we’ve had a sequence of unusual climate events since the blob appeared.”

Mote and other scientists are now running hundreds of computer simulations in an attempt to see if the blob truly affects the climate, or whether it’s more greenhouse gases — like auto emissions — that are causing this hot, dry pattern.










http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-causes-humidity/

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN


What causes humidity?

August 1, 2005

Jeffrey Hovis, a science and operations officer with the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration's National Weather Service in Charleston, WV, explains.


Warm air can hold more water than cool air.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:19 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 08 July 2015