Monday, August 17, 2015

The City on the Edge of Forever




http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=planet-of-the-apes

Springfield! Springfield!


Planet of the Apes (1968)


Well, for a time the ancients
kept humans as household pets
until our lawgiver proved
that man could not be tamed.
Keep digging, Cornelius. You'll find evidence
of the master of this house...
An ape.
What are you doing?

[ Taylor: ] Reconstructing a past life.










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930157&sid=82571&sn=FXXPHD&st=201508172100&cn=618

excite tv


The Simpsons (Repeat)

618 FXXPHD: Monday, August 17 9:00 PM [ 9:00 PM Monday 17 August 2015 Pacific Time USA ]

Sitcom, Animated

Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield

Marge joins Springfield's social elite and becomes obsessed with maintaining her new status.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Harry Shearer, Hank Azaria Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, David Mirkin

Original Air Date: Feb 04, 1996










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 4, 2006


wasn't July 2nd the date Tracie and I got married? What year was that? Was it 1994? Or was it 1993?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 August 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 4, 2006


No it was 1993. We lived together for 6 months. She moved back to her parents on MLK Day. Wasn't that area her parents lived called "6 Mile"? It snowed that day. I still had that house in Greer Country Club Estates. That was January 1994. Then we had to stay separated for a year before we could get divorced. So that would be January 1995. I remembered we were officially married for about 1.5 years. I remember getting the letter at the Universal Financial office as I had forwarded my mail there after the transfer there to Charlotte.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:13 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 26 July 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/07/oh-take-me-back-to-start.html


Somewhere I wrote about that class reunion in 1994 that Lesa Jewell Withem organized for us and there was a document sent out to all of us before the event asking us some questions. One question was about our occupation and I wrote that my job title, accurate in my memory for what seems to be many years, was Field Engineer.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 July 2015 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: November 27, 2006

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/27/2006 1:10 PM
So maybe that explains another “memory” from my high school reunion at Ashdown in 1994. It was actually a reunion with Princeton University. There was something that Ricky Waren and another person, Rhonda Shurtleff maybe, said about how I now looked like a man. That’s because I was a child when I went to college with them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 November 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067525/quotes

IMDb


The Omega Man (1971)

Quotes


Lisa: It's OK, Tommy. This is the man... and I mean "The Man"










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/05/07 4:54 AM
Chad Trammel had that brown car when we were in 9th or 10th grade. I forget the model name of the car. It might have been a Comet, or that might have been a car that was very similar to his, much like the difference of Chevrolet and GMC. I can't remember that other model though. Billy Parker might have had one like it for his first car and I think his actually was the Comet. There was that night, I can still visualize it, when I talked Chad into driving his car when we were out cruising around on a weekend night in Ashdown. He let me drive it and I promptly backed it into someone's pickup. I think that was Tom Withem. I can "remember" one of the Shurtleff sister's reminding me of that at our 10 year reunion.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 March 2007 excerpt ends]










One of the top ten things I hoped no one remembered, I said to her in response as she rubbed her fingers on the edge of my suit jacket.










http://www.e-reading.ws/bookreader.php/79702/Clancy_-_Without_Remorse.html


Without Remorse (1993)

Tom Clancy


Chapter 21.


The cops are rousting street bums, doing it real careful."

"I didn't hear that," Piaggi admitted. This man had some great sources, but then he lived closer to that part of town, and it was to be expected that his intelligence network would be speedier than Piaggi' s.

"It sounds like a pro doing this," Tucker concluded. "Somebody really good, y'know?"

Piaggi nodded understanding while his mind was in a quandary. The existence of highly skilled Mafia assassins was for the most part a fiction created by TV and movies. The average organized-crime murder was not a skilled act, but rather something carried out by a man who mainly did other, real, money-generating activities. There was no special class of killers who waited patiently for telephone calls, made hits, then returned to their posh homes to await the next call. There were made members who were unusually good or experienced at killing, but that wasn't the same thing. One simply got a reputation as a person whom killing didn't affect--and that meant that the elimination would be done with a minimum of fuss, not a maximum of artistry. True sociopaths were rare, even in the Mafia, and bungled killings were the rule rather than the exception. And so "professional" to Henry meant something that existed only as a fiction, the TV image of a Mafia button man. But how the hell did Tony explain that?

"It isn't one of mine, Henry," he said after a moment's contemplation. That he didn't have any was another issue entirely, Piaggi told himself, watching the effect of his words on his associate. Henry had always assumed that Piaggi knew a good deal about killing. Piaggi knew that Tucker had more experience with that end of business than he ever wished to have, but that was just one more thing he would have to explain, and this clearly was not the time. For now, he watched Tucker's face, trying to read his thoughts as he finished his glass of Chianti.

How do I know he's telling the truth? The thought didn't require any special perception to read.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 8:15 PM Monday, March 14, 2011


I walked into the kitchen a few minutes ago and I noted a piece of paper on the counter where I had written down a series of numbers that I had seen in a dream a few hours ago and then forgot about until I just now saw the numbers I had written down and that made me remember the dream.

I would have ignored it but one compelling detail in the dream is that I was wearing a khaki colored business suit as I was walking around in that building, as I will describe.

The dream was mostly, it seems, about me trying to find my way to my new office where I was starting a new job and I was lost and could [ not ] find my way through a building, which I thought after waking up from the dream, reminded me of one of those mid- to high-rise buildings in downtown Charlotte North Carolina where I do have artificial memories of working but in the dream that does not seem to be the same place.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 March 2011 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/28/07 3:38 PM
I wonder if Phoebe and I were in Montana a lot during that last year we were together and that was why I was driving there those times without understanding why I was going there. I would drive all the way to Missoula and then just turn around and drive back. I also "remember" from the context of my artificial and symbolic memory, that I was considering a job in Missoula to work for the Forestry Service but instead took that job that Microsoft offered me in 1998. I wanted to live in Montana, though.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/28/07 5:05 PM
I "remember" back from that time in 1997 that I had a brown suit that I liked a lot that could actually be a substitute for the U.S. Navy khaki uniform, at least in terms of the color. As for the style, it was a good match for the dress blue U.S. Navy officer's uniform.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 August 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: November 06, 2009

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/06/09 1:17 AM


"Space: Above And Beyond"

"The Angriest Angel"

February 11, 1996

Episode 15 DVD:

00:04:02


Mr. Howard Sewell: Aero-Tech anticipated his emergence, but never this quickly. Now, we concur with Naval Intelligence reports that the existence of this alien fighter jeopardizes any further development of Operation Roundhammer. There can be no massive offensive until it is destroyed.

Admiral Broden: Destroyed? We sent 15 squadrons after it at one time.

Lt. General Alcott: And only 13 came back.

Mr. Saber: We don't have the means to destroy it.

Mr. Howard Sewell: But they do. This material was secured on the Kazbek Mining colony during the 58th Squadron's rescue extraction. At The Company, they call this "Sewell Fuel." And for the record, it is the property of Aero-Tech Industries. Simply put, it's an organic ore which could have only been manufactured in the unique factory of the planet Kazbek, forming 10 billion years ago. Refined correctly, it becomes a living, complex system fuel, perpetuating itself, creating more energy than it expends. The amount in my hand could power the Saratoga for a decade. Most importantly, the exhaust is clean, thermal temperature is negligible - 0.015 microns. That is primarily what keeps the enemy invisible to our infrared sensors.

Commodore Ross: We had one of their bombers. This is not what fueled it.

Mr. Howard Sewell: Evidence indicates that the enemy has only recently developed this process. That's why there is only one alien Red Baron. For now.

Mr. Saber: We need to develop a jet that can run on this stuff.

Admiral Broden: That would take years. Meanwhile, this prototype craft would become the enemy's standard attack jet.

Mr. Howard Sewell: Well, there may not be time to develop a plane. But there is time for a missile. Imagine the force of a complex perpetuating explosive.

Admiral Broden: How many missiles can you build?

Mr. Howard Sewell: After refining, we can only make one. Meanwhile, you have to prepare a plan on how to take it to them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 November 2009 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/24/2006 1:05 PM
I was sitting in the waiting room at the VA this morning and a thought suddenly formed in my mind about the United States Naval Academy. I started thinking about how the initials backwards are ANSU. So I started thinking, “Do I know someone named “Ann?” Then I wondered if I knew someone named Sue. I did not think I did. I remember some women with those names, but my instincts must have told me they weren’t the ones I was trying to remember. Then it hit me: Ann Sewell. AN SU EL or maybe it would be AN SU L. I don’t know what the “EL” or just an “L” could represent. So I started thinking about my “memories” of Ann Sewell, who was in my graduating class at Ashdown High School and I remembered two other details. One was of my class reunion in 1994. She was the first person I encountered as I was going to the first night of the reunion as we met down at the Fish Bowl restaurant outside Ashdown, which was a Friday. I was in that convenience store across from the Wal-Mart. She walked in to pay for gas and as I saw her, I said to her matter-of-factly because I had just remembered her name, “Ann Sewell.” We spoke for a few minutes and she and her husband were also on their way to the Fish Bowl. The other memory related to her is actually from Microsoft when I was out bicycle riding with Grace and Lynn. Grace brought up the song from Blondie titled “The Tide Is High.” My immediate response was that Ann Sewell had dedicated that song to me one time in the 9th grade. I think it was one night at the skating rink out on Highway 32.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/24/2006 1:18 PM
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blondie/thetideishigh.html

"The Tide Is High"

The tide is high but I'm holding on


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 October 2006 excerpt ends]













https://www.google.com/maps/@33.661054,-94.1186102,3a,49.8y,45.56h,85.22t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQ480ja3xYrtKY-GNgn7aog!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


1004 US-71

Ashdown, Arkansas








https://www.google.com/maps/@33.6818039,-93.9974735,3a,75y,123.94h,89.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGsBd0vA8vIY1e_-Jvoxogw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


AR-32

Ashdown, Arkansas










http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/3F11.html

Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate in N.A.: 4-Feb-96


Marge buys some foodstuffs from the Kwik-E-Mart, wearing her suit.

Apu: Oh, Mrs. Simpson, you are looking very prosperous today. Might I interest you in some of our impulse items here by the cash register? Perhaps a crazy motorized wiggle pen. [demonstrates] [laughing] Ohh, look at... the craziness.


Woman: Attendant, I'd like some gas.

Apu: Yes, I'm sorry, I do not speak English, okay.

Woman: But you were just talking to...

Apu: Yes, yes. Hot dog, hot dog. Yes sir, no sir. Maybe, okay.


Evelyn: Well, I can't pump [the gas] myself. I'm calling AAA.

Marge: [stops her] I used to be a little overwhelmed too, but it's not that hard. I can show you.

Evelyn: Marge, is that you? Marge Bouvier from high school?

Marge: Um... yeah. Hi... hi, Evelyn.

Evelyn: How about that? Marge, you look wonderful. And to think I heard you married Homer Simpson.

Marge: I did marry Homer.

Evelyn: [pause] Come, you must show me the pumps.


Outside, Marge shows Evelyn how to operate the gas pumps...

Marge: 90% of the time, if the gas isn't pumping, this is your problem.

[turns a switch at back which resets the pump]

Evelyn: Automotive skills and fashion sense. Why, you've come a long way from the girl I knew nothing about in high school.










http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/3F11.html

Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate in N.A.: 4-Feb-96


Evelyn: Oh Marge, you haven't changed a bit as far as I know. Say, why don't you drop by the country club tomorrow? [drives off] Oh, and bring the family.

[Marge watches her pull off and smiles]

[Burns pulls up in a quadricycle]

Burns: [honks horn (awooooga)] You there, fill it up with petroleum distillate, and re-vulcanize my tires, post-haste.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/scenes-from-the-class-struggle-in-springfield-1427/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 7 Episode 14

Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 04, 1996 on FOX

Quotes


Lisa: Do I have to go? That country club is a hotbed of exclusionist snobs and status-seeking social climbers.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/scenes-from-the-class-struggle-in-springfield-1427/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 7 Episode 14

Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 04, 1996 on FOX

Quotes


Homer: But Marge... valets! For once maybe someone will call me "sir" without adding "you're making a scene."










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/scenes-from-the-class-struggle-in-springfield-1427/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 7 Episode 14

Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 04, 1996 on FOX

Quotes


Marge: Miss? Miss? Do you have a Chanel suit or any other high quality clothes?

Saleswoman: No, ma'am, but we do have a shipment of slightly burned Sears' active wear coming in this afternoon.

Marge: Oh, I give up.

Cletus: What time and how burnt?










From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 3/6/1998 is 1172 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1969 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Mark of Gideon" ) is 1172 days



From 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) To 3/6/1998 is 3152 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/20/1974 ( premiere US film "Chinatown" ) is 3152 days



From 12/16/1955 ( premiere US TV series episode "Crossroads"::"Chinese Checkers" ) To 4/18/1988 ( the United States Navy Operation Praying Mantis - my biological brother US Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan and I US Navy FC2 Kerry Wayne Burgess are both at the same time onboard the United States Navy warship USS Wainwright CG 28 when it evaded a Harpoon anti-ship missile from hostile Iran-Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush-Axis of Evil-Soviet Union-Communist forces but 2 United States Marine Corps aviators launched from USS Wainwright CG 28 killed this day ) is 11812 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/6/1998 is 11812 days



From 5/5/1942 ( Franklin Roosevelt - Message to Lieutenant General Jonathan Wainwright Praising the Defenders of Corregidor ) To 3/6/1998 is 20394 days

20394 = 10197 + 10197

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/3/1993 ( the Battle of Mogadishu Somalia begins ) is 10197 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/06/gothic-serpent.html ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120873/releaseinfo

IMDb


U.S. Marshals (1998)

Release Info

USA 6 March 1998










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/scenes-from-the-class-struggle-in-springfield-1427/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 7 Episode 14

Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 04, 1996 on FOX

Quotes


Marge: I'll be there with bells on.

Susan: Bells? Where exactly will you be attaching them to that tattered Chanel suit?

Evelyn: Don't worry, Marge. Her idea of wit is nothing more than an incisive observation humorously phrased and delivered with impeccable timing.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:55 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 17 August 2015