Sunday, August 16, 2015

Violator




"You see," I wrote and then followed that as the next paragraph with "I watched this broadcast new with only knowledge of the 1994 movie "Stargate"."

AND THEN I must have worked for over two hours trying to remember what the hell I started off to post here.

Most of the following content was based on some simple notion I cannot now recall.

Well, that's what 14 cans of Coors beer does.

Finally after giving up on trying to recall one or two important specific details I decided to post this note as best I could as it is mostly what I wanted originally to post.

I could probably just go back and watch the episode I watched that triggered this notion in my mind but I don't want to.

A few words I now cannot recall must have have triggered me into posting this note.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/06/09 6:38 PM
I couldn't fall asleep for a while this morning because I kept waking up feeling as though I was going to vomit. I was thinking about this again again a few hours ago and I was pondering over whether the feeling started after I had been sleeping or if it was happening even before I went to sleep. I think it was happening just as I got into bed and before I went to sleep and then it continued for a while after that. I finally had to get up out of bed and I drank two remaining Corona beers I had in the refrigerator and I did some more work and then I finally went to sleep.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 November 2009 excerpt ends]










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/107.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

EARTH

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.06.09


ARMSTRONG: This is awful. I'm not even drunk at all.

WALLACE: Really?! 'Cause you seem drunk.

ARMSTRONG: My head's just all foggy.

WALLACE: Almost there. Come on, come on.

(He steers her towards a parked car.)

ARMSTRONG: Usually it makes me feel better.










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/107.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

EARTH

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.06.09


YOUNG HOUSE. Colonel Young is sitting in a car outside his house and watching his wife, Emily, arrive home with bags of shopping. A couple of minutes later Emily is in the kitchen unpacking her bags when she hears a knock on the door. She goes to the door and opens it. Her face fills with anger when she realises who it is.

YOUNG: Emily, it's me.

(Emily instantly closes the door again.)

YOUNG: Emily. Hey, no! Emily!

(He pushes on the door and knocks on it again.)

YOUNG: Emily, please, just-just open the door.

(Emily, leaning angrily against the door on the other side, turns and calls through it.)

EMILY: Just go away!

YOUNG: I'm not-I'm not leaving, Emily. I'm not gonna leave you.

EMILY: I will call the police, Everett!

YOUNG (thumping on the door): Emily, please! It doesn't end like this, Emily! Open the door! I just wanna talk to you!










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/107.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

EARTH

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.06.09


WALLACE: D'you know the last time a girl that hot told me I was cute?










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/107.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

EARTH

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.06.09


ARMSTRONG: Doesn't it bother you that she wasn't really talking about you?

WALLACE: Well ... when you put it like that ...

(Chloe looks at him, embarrassed.)

ARMSTRONG: Oh, I didn't mean that. Come on. You're cute!

(Eli scoffs.)

ARMSTRONG: The real you.

(They gaze at each other for a moment, then she shuffles across the seat, leans in and kisses Eli. Taking his face in her hands, she deepens the kiss. He begins to respond ... and then she's back in her seat and still just gazing at him. Eli just fantasised the kiss. She frowns at his expression.)

ARMSTRONG: What?

WALLACE: Nothing! Go on - you were saying?

ARMSTRONG: And you're funny too. And you're a genius ...

WALLACE (embarrassed): Oh ...

ARMSTRONG: And ...

(Eli leans his head back against the headrest, suspecting that he knows what she's about to say.)

WALLACE: Don't say it!

ARMSTRONG: ... you're a good friend.










At this point I had decided to reference the image from my official US Navy records indicating my promotion to E-5 on 16 July 1987. I have been thinking again about how 6 months earlier I had been denied promotion to E-5 for only the first time I had been actually rejected for promotion despite my active participation in the promotion process. Then 6 months later on 16 July 1987 I was selected for promotion from FC3 to FC2.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/06/09 7:11 PM
http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP011839820006&sid=58623&sn=SYFYHD&st=200911061800&cn=676

Stargate Universe (New)

676 SYFYHD: Friday, November 6 6:00 PM

Science fiction

Earth

A high-risk operation may be able to return everyone who is trapped aboard the Destiny to Earth; Eli and Chloe are allowed to use the communication stones to visit Earth.

Cast: Robert Carlyle, Louis Ferreira, David Blue, Brian J. Smith, Jamil Walker Smith, Elyse Levesque, Alaina Huffman, Ming-Na, Lou Diamond Phillips Executive Producer(s): Robert C. Cooper, Brad Wright

Original Air Date: Nov 06, 2009


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 November 2009 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/06/09 9:01 PM
http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP004621440191&sid=21253&sn=KSTWDT&st=200911062000&cn=111

Smallville (New)

111 KSTWDT: Friday, November 6 8:00 PM

Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy

Kandor

Jor-El comes to the Kent farm looking for his son but finds Chloe instead; Zod asks Tess for help finding the Blur; Clark tries to find Jor-El before Zod does.

Cast: Tom Welling, Allison Mack, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, Cassidy Freeman, Callum Blue Director(s): Jeannot Szwarc Executive Producer(s): Kelly Souders, Brian Peterson, James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola

Original Air Date: Nov 06, 2009


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 November 2009 excerpt ends]



































060315_a_svwlf_ (1242).jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:29 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 02 December 2014 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/12/take-look-around-you.html


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/barrymcguire/eveofdestruction.html


BARRY MCGUIRE


"Eve Of Destruction"

The eastern world it is exploding
Violence flarin', bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill but not for votin'
You don't believe in war but whats that gun you're totin'?
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin'

But you tell me
Over and over and over again my friend
Ah, you don't believe
We're on the eve of destruction

Don't you understand what I'm tryin' to say
Can't you feel the fears I'm feelin' today?
If the button is pushed, there's no runnin' away
There'll be no one to save with the world in a grave
Take a look around you boy, it's bound to scare you boy

And you tell me
Over and over and over again my friend
Ah, you don't believe
We're on the eve of destruction

Yeah my blood's so mad feels like coagulating
I'm sitting here just contemplatin'
I can't twist the truth it knows no regulation
Handful of senators don't pass legislation
And marches alone can't bring integration
When human respect is disintegratin'
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin'

And you tell me
Over and over and over again my friend
Ah, you don't believe
We're on the eve of destruction


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 December 2014 excerpt ends]



































060315_a_svwlf_ (1246).jpg










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=waterworld

Springfield! Springfield!


Waterworld (1995)


[ Mariner: ] You're dying










http://www.azlyrics.com/d/depeche.html

AZ

DEPECHE MODE

album: "Violator" (1990)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/depechemode/sweetestperfection.html

AZ

DEPECHE MODE


I stop and I stare too much
Afraid that I care too much
And I hardly dare to touch
For fear that the spell may be broken



































081415_a_svwlf_ (1306).jpg










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/107.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

EARTH

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 11.06.09


WRAY: You passed me up for promotion four times. I never really got a straight answer as to why.

STROM: You are a highly trusted, well respected member of this organisation. You would not have been on Icarus in the first place if you weren't.

WRAY: The point is: I know there's no way in hell you'd be talking to me right now if you had a choice.

(She stops and faces him.)

WRAY: So, please, can we just cut to the chase?

(Strom grins for a moment, then looks at her seriously.)

STROM: Make this happen.

WRAY: I'm not a scientist. How can I do that?

STROM: You have influence. The people on board need to believe it'll get them home.

WRAY: Even if, in reality, it can get us all killed.

STROM: Not what I've been told.

WRAY: Why are you pushing so hard?

STROM: If this works, we think we might be able to use the data to re-engineer the process in one of our ships here in this galaxy.

WRAY: Dial a Gate to Destiny without an Icarus-type planet.

STROM: Yes - and get the team that was supposed to go in the first place back on board. Now that we know where the ninth chevron leads, this mission has taken on even more importance.

WRAY: Why isn't Rush here?

STROM: Ah. We're not convinced Rush wants to come home.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/06/09 11:29 PM
The Stand.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/06/09 11:30 PM
It's funny. As I was writing in my notes on that last topic about "Chiggy Red Baron" there was the briefest of moments where I thought for just a brief second that my computer screen distorted just as their "SA-43" screens do in that episode when the alien fighter is jamming their screens.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: November 07, 2009


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 November 2009 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:06 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 16 August 2015