Monday, December 28, 2015

Let Them Eat Snow!




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 11:14 AM Friday, March 16, 2007


It’s possible that I contributed also to the bands Duran Duran and Devo, along with others from the 80’s. The second album from Duran Duran “Rio” makes me wonder because of the music video with them on yachts. I found that especially interesting when I considered something I wrote on my journal one day when I was living in that Pioneer Square gulag


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 March 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 1:51 PM Tuesday, August 29, 2006


to show you how it all began

And one of the songs that seems to haunt me lately has been a song from Coldplay. The first one from them that haunted me was "Clocks." Still haven't figured that one out


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 10:03 PM Thursday, April 12, 2007


I woke up the other morning thinking about the song “New Moon On Monday” from that Duran Duran album, “Seven and the Ragged Tiger.” I was thinking over and over that there was some sounds in that song that sounded like mortar rounds exploding, which led me to thoughts of the Vietnam War. So I listened to the track a few times and I decided that it is the sound of jets flying over someone and then sounds of anti-aircraft machine guns, and then the sounds of explosions, possibly from bombs dropped from the jets. At 03:04 on my player during the song, there is a distinct sound of what sounds like an explosion and I associate that with a bomb being dropped from one of those jets. I wonder if those are sound I recorded from the ground during the Falklands War, which was the year before that album released. Or maybe I was in Afghanistan fighting with our allies there. I am quite certain I was fighting with the mujahdeen in Afghanistan as my U.S. military assignment, but I can’t remember a lot of details yet. The sounds on that “New Moon On Monday” track aren’t too realistic, but they are recognizable, and I wonder if I modified the real sounds I recorded to make them less recognizable, or they were sounds I reproduced with instruments. I have been wondering if this represents me standing there at night with the Moon overhead, knowing I had been out there, and pondering the absurdity of war as a battle raged around me. I would ponder many times of how there are important fights, but I would also wonder……..I can’t remember how I want to finish that sentence.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 April 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 10:03 PM Thursday, April 12, 2007

Who watches the watchers?

Do you know?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 April 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 5:36 PM Friday, April 13, 2007


After I woke up this morning, I was also thinking more about that “New Moon On Monday” track from Duran Duran. The final, known mission to the Earth’s Moon was Apollo 17. The day of the week when Apollo 17 landed on the Moon was a Monday. The sounds of the jets and the explosions in that track make me think that was about noises I heard during the Vietnam War. But it was a sound I would hear a lot into the future as well, apparently.

As for the “New Moon On Monday” track, I find the following elements familiar:

Lizard. “Last time La Luna” - reinforces that it is about Apollo 17. The part about lighting the torch and waving it, as well as the "firedance through the night" could be about the launch of the Saturn rocket and its travel through the blackness of space to reach the Moon. The part about the cold day on the lonely satellite is about being on the Moon.

DURAN DURAN LYRICS
"New Moon On Monday"


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 April 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 1:30 PM Friday, April 27, 2007


I wrote earlier about how that track "New Moon On Monday" makes me think it reflects the final flight to Earth's Moon with Apollo 17. Apollo 17 landed on the Moon on 12/11/1972, which was a Monday. But it also made me think of 6/7/1976. That is the day I recognize as when I landed on the Saturn moon Phoebe. I have been thinking that "New Moon On Monday" was Apollo 17 because that was a new trip to the Earth's Moon. But 6/7/1976 was a visit to a different moon, and during that mission, was the first visit I made to any moon. My first stop was at Mars, which is a planet. And then the Jupiter moon Callisto was the next new moon after Phoebe, but that wasn‘t a Monday. Those lyrics and sound effects make me think the song represents several trips and that it includes Apollo 17 and the Jupiter [ correction: Saturn ] moon Phoebe.

The clues got even more interesting as I continued to examine the details, and I realized that "New Moon On Monday" also pointed to Apollo 8, which was the first time humans had orbited the Earth‘s Moon.

And it is all anchored to Phoebe Cates birthday. She was obviously quite special to me.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 April 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/d/duran.html

AZ

DURAN DURAN

album: "Seven And The Ragged Tiger" (1983)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/newmoononmonday.html

AZ

DURAN DURAN

"New Moon On Monday"

Shake up the picture the lizard mixture
With your dance on the eventide
You got me coming up with answers
All of which I deny
I said it again
Could I please rephrase it
Maybe I can catch a ride
I couldn't really put it much plainer
But I'll wait till you decide
Send me your warning siren
As if I could ever hide
Last time La Luna

[CHORUS]

I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite

Breaking away with the best of both worlds
A smile that you can't disguise
Every minute I keep finding
Clues that you leave behind
Save me from these reminders
As if I'd forget tonight
This time La Luna

[CHORUS]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 2:09 PM
There's a booklet in the cover of the CD of Duran Duran "Greatest." On one of the pages is someone that almost looks like me. He doesn't look exactly like me but I think all my "memories" of what I looked like at that age are actually of another person.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 March 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: April 09, 2007

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 10:20 AM
The are sound effects in Duran Duran's "New Moon On Monday" that seems familiar. One part sounds like mortar rounds exploding in the distance. After I thought of that, I started thinking that some other sounds sound like machine gun fire, but not quite. The mortar round effect seems more realistic while the machine gun fire isn't as realistic.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 10:24 AM
There is one "thumping" sound at 3 minutes, 4 seconds, that seems the most realistic.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 10:24 AM
Could those sound effects be from recordings I made during the Falklands War? I even hear what sounds like jets streaking over head. The machine gun was probably heavily modified so it would be so recognizable.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/09/07 10:33 AM
I wonder if this song could represent my thoughts of being in ground combat while the Moon is in the overhead sky, reminding me I was once out there on its surface, and wondering about the point of this fight.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 April 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/29/06 7:44 PM
As I have been moving from the Shoreline gulag to this Space Needle gulag, although one that is a veritable mansion of privacy with the past 527 days considered


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 December 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:57 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 18 October 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/10/thats-not-irony-moron.html


Well, I finally gave up trying to find a reference in my offline journal I am not even certain I ever made.

Perhaps 'irony' is how I value the images I capture now from a cheap camera I didn't want to purchase back then, those years of 2007 and 2008 and into 2009.

I sat there many hours on the roof-top deck in the evenings at The Vermont in downtown Seattle


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 October 2015 excerpt ends]



































DSC00248.jpg



































10800_DSC02512.JPG










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-man-in-the-high-castle-2015&episode=s01e08

Springfield! Springfield!


The Man in the High Castle

End of the World [ Episode 8 Season 1 ]


Um, I'm looking for three yellow daisies.
I was wondering when you'd finally turn up.
I, uh, I got that job at the Nippon Building.
We heard.
Working for the Trade Minister.
That's pretty impressive.
Yeah.
I guess you never found him.
Find who? Sakura Iwasaru.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/58.htm

The Paradise Syndrome [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 4842.6

Original Airdate: Oct 4, 1968


MIRAMANEE: But you are a god.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:20 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 28 December 2015