Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Thing




I've searched for hours trying to find again a delusional comment I made long ago in my journal but damned if I can find it. This paragraph would be more compelling if I could directly reference that comment. I wonder about the timeframe of that comment, which was probably 2008 or 2009. I wrote something about how that 1982 film "The Thing" starring Kurt Russell reminded me that I was sent to the Antarctic in the year 1981 to hide out for a while because of what I had done to Osirak.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/22/08 2:24 PM
The Thing (1982)

50 AMCP: Thursday, May 22 1:15 PM

1982, R, ***, 01:48, Color, English, United States,

Antarctic outpost men (Kurt Russell, A. Wilford Brimley, T.K. Carter) fight a slimy alien able to assume the form of life it engulfs.

Cast: Kurt Russell, A. Wilford Brimley, T.K. Carter, Richard Dysart, Richard Masur, Donald Moffat, David Clennon Director(s): John Carpenter Producer(s): David Foster, Lawrence Turman Executive Producer(s): Wilbur Stark





http://www.cswap.com/1982/The_Thing/cap/en/25fps/a/00_43

The Thing


:43:52
There's something wrong
with Blair.

:43:54
He's locked in his room
and won't answer the door.

:43:57
- I took one of his notebooks
from the lab. Listen.
- Yeah?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 May 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/14/07 7:14 PM
I miss Phoebe, my wife, beyond tolerance!! BEYOND TOLERANCE!!!!


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 May 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/14/07 9:51 PM
Maybe I was a Lt. j.g. when I was in the Falklands and one of my activities was flying the Harrier. That might be where I was getting the sense I had been in the U.S. Marines, as I think the Harrier is primarily a U.S. Marine operated aircraft with the U.S. Navy. It could also have something to do with me being assigned to a group of Marines with the Royal Navy when I was in the Falklands.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 May 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/29/07 11:23 AM
It's the goddamned Osirak strike on June 7th. That is why I have that "memory" of Phoebe in the row boat. Why the goddamned hell did I have to make that strike on June 7th? Of all days, why that day? For someone who is supposed to be smart, that was incredibly dumb!

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/29/07 11:25 AM
Wait...didn't I find another reason for that date? And of course there would be another reason. Why the hell would I choose the day I landed on Phoebe/Saturn for that strike anyway? That's just stupid. There was something else that I noted that I need to find. Goddamnit. It is also why we have kept our marriage secret. Goddamnit. I got goddamned tricked into revealing this.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/29/07 11:28 AM
God what a mess. They are never going to leave us alone.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/29/07 11:32 AM
Goddamnit I just could not have picked a more idiotic goddamned day to lead that strike. How could I have been so goddamned stupid?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 May 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/29/07 5:02 PM
Those details I "remember" about her being "delighted" and "frightened" probably doesn't represent a literal observation about Phoebe, my wife. Rather, it reflects, basically, my delight that she is associated with my trip to the Saturn moon Phoebe, as well as the Earth's moon. But it also represents my fear about her being associated with the Osirak strike. I want to say that I didn't schedule that strike, but then, why did I go? I knew it was the same day. What the hell was I thinking?

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/29/07 5:06 PM
Of all the blunders I have probably made in my life, scheduling the Osriak strike for 6/7/1981 would without a doubt be the most incredible blunder I ever made.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 May 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=top-gun

Springfield! Springfield!


Top Gun (1986)


JESTER: That was some of the best flying I've ever seen. Right up to the part where you got killed. You never, never leave your wingman.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=top-gun

Springfield! Springfield!


Top Gun (1986)


[ Tom Kazanski: ] Maverick... it's not your flying. It's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous... but right now, you're worse than the enemy. You're dangerous and foolish. You may not like your wingmen, they may not like you... but whose side are you on?










From 2/25/1961 ( premiere US TV series episode "Perry Mason"::"The Case of the Angry Dead Man" ) To 5/12/1986 ( premiere US film "Top Gun" ) is 9207 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 is 9207 days



From 8/17/1943 ( the Schweinfurt–Regensburg mission during World War 2 ) To 1/17/1991 is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) is 8660 days



From 9/18/1963 ( premiere US film "X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes" ) To 12/2/1988 ( premiere US film "Tequila Sunrise" ) is 9207 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 is 9207 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/04/al-gore-invents-nasa.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-thing.html ]


http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/gulf/script_a.html


FRONTLINE


FRONTLINE Show #1407T

Air Date: January 28, 1997


NARRATOR: Before the planes could attack, Task Force Normandy would fire the first shots of the war. Its Apache gunships had been training for months. Their mission was vital: to destroy at all costs two Iraqi radar sites that would otherwise give Baghdad an early warning of what was to come.

[1:00 A.M., January 17, 1991] It was a moonless night. Eight Apaches armed with Hellfire missiles took off towards Iraq. This is a pilot's eye view, videotape from one helicopter's night vision camera. The gunships flew just a few feet off the desert until they were eight miles from the radar dishes.

Lt. TOM DREW, Task Force Normandy: We slowed our air speed to about 40 knots, came up on line, all abreast, so we're all the same distance from the target. And at this point, I'm not looking through my goggles. I'm looking at a T.V. screen right in front of me. Watched the clock tick to zero and I gave the code word "Get some." At that point, everybody fired their Hellfires.

Get some!

1st HELICOPTER PILOT: Second missile.

NARRATOR: From a range of four miles, each crew aimed a laser beam that guided their missiles. The Iraqis had anti-aircraft guns, but could not see or hear the helicopters. This was a new kind of war.










http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1974/sep-oct/hansell.html

Document created: 5 November 2003

Air University Review, September-October 1974

Balaklava Redeemed

Major General Haywood S. Hansell, Jr., USAF (Ret)


The German Minister of Armaments and Production is perhaps the best authority on the subject. In his book, Inside the Third Reich, Albert Speer says:

We barely escaped a further catastrophic blow on August 17, 1943, only two weeks after the Hamburg bombings. The American Air Force launched its first strategic raid.





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Hydra_(1943)


Operation Hydra (1943)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Hydra was a Royal Air Force attack on the Peenemünde Army Research Center on the night of 17/18 August 1943. It was the first time a master bomber was used for the main force. Group Captain John Searby, CO of 83 Squadron, commanded the operation. It began the Operation Crossbow strategic bombing campaign against Nazi Germany's V-weapon programme. 215 British aircrew members and 40 bombers were lost, and hundreds of civilians were killed in a nearby concentration camp. The air raid killed two V-2 rocket scientists and delayed V-2 rocket test launches for seven weeks.


Operation Hydra

Throughout the attack, the master bomber (Group Captain J. H. Searby, CO of No. 83 Squadron RAF) circled above and around the target to call in new pathfinder markers and to direct crews as to which markers to target.

First wave (sleeping and living quarters)

Number 3 and 4 groups RAF targeted the V-2 scientists, and at 00:10 British time, the first red spot fire was started. At 00:11, 16 blind illuminator marker aircraft commenced marking runs with white parachute flares and long-burning red target indicators (TIs). However, patches of stratocumulus clouds caused uncertain visibility in the full moon, and the H2S radar had not discerned Rügen as planned, resulting in the red "datum lights" spot fires to be inaccurately placed on the northern tip of Peenemünde Hook instead of burning as planned for ten minutes on the northern edge of Rügen. The 2 mi (3.2 km) error later caused early yellow TIs to be misplaced at Camp Trassenheide. Fortunately, the master bomber noticed one subsequent yellow marker for the scientists' settlement "very well placed" and ordered more yellows as close as possible: four of six were accurate, as well as three backers-up green indicators. At 00:27, the first wave withdrew after facing light flak, including a few heavy flak pieces from a ship 1 mi (1.6 km) offshore and guns on the western side of the peninsula (but no fighters). One third of the 227 attacking aircraft were led astray by the false marking of Camp Trassenheide.

Second wave (factory workshops)

The attack by No. 1 Group RAF began by using "aiming-point shifters" to mark the second aiming point via a bomb-sight offset back (northwest) along the bomb run from the first wave marking. However, the correct solitary marker used for the first wave bombing was ignored, and the master bomber noticed the overshoot and notified the remaining backers-up, as well as the bombing force of 113 Lancasters.

Third wave (experimental station)

Number 3 and 4 groups RAF targeted the development works, and at 00:48, a backer-up accurately placed a green flare load in the heart of the development works for the third wave by No. 5 Group and No. 6 Group, and a few bombloads caused serious laboratory and office damage. As during the Operation Bellicose raid, blind bombing after a timed run had been planned from Rügen in case of smoke concealing the green target indicator. However, the Lancasters and Halifaxes flew 20 or even 30 seconds past the timing point to the visible and inaccurate green markers from the six "shifters" and three backers-up, their bombs landing 2,000–3,000 yd (1,800–2,700 m) beyond the development works in the concentration camp. At 00:55, due to timing errors, 35 straggler aircraft were still waiting to bomb.

Results

The British Official History states that the attack "may well have caused a delay of two months", which is consistent with the German assessment by Joseph Goebbels of "six to eight weeks". Although the raid was "not effective", Doctor Thiel and Chief Engineer Walther were buried [killed] in one of the [air-raid] trenches. People were still digging for them when I left"










From 6/8/1951 ( premiere US film "To Boo or Not to Boo" ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 14468 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/13/2005 is 14468 days



From 6/8/1951 ( premiere US film "To Boo or Not to Boo" ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 14468 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/13/2005 is 14468 days



From 4/2/1968 ( premiere US film "2001: A Space Odyssey" ) To 6/13/2005 is 13586 days

13586 = 6793 + 6793

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/8/1984 ( premiere US film "Gremlins" ) is 6793 days



From 5/29/2001 ( premiere US TV series episode "Seven Day"::series finale episode "Live: From Death Row" ) To 6/13/2005 is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 6/13/2005 is 5203 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/31/1980 ( premiere US TV series episodes "In Search of..."::"Earth Visitors" ) is 5203 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/12/metamorphosis.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-thing.html ]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149271/releaseinfo

IMDb


To Boo or Not to Boo (1951)

Release Info

USA 8 June 1951



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149271/plotsummary

IMDb


To Boo or Not to Boo (1951)

Plot Summary


Mild-and-meek Casper, the Friendly Ghost, is depressed and glum because people will have nothing to do with him despite the fact that he has read "How To Win Friends, and Influence People" from cover-to-cover. This is especially true on his favorite holiday, Hallowe'en, but as soon as all the children and grown-ups realize he is a real ghost, they run away.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=top-gun

Springfield! Springfield!


Top Gun (1986)


[ Pete Mitchell: ] That was stupid. I know better than that. That will never happen again.

[ Nick Bradshaw: ] I know. I know.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie (1994)


KASUF
Son, we should not have helped the strangers.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 6:56:36 PM

Subject: Nice talking with you in the morning


http://q13.trb.com/news/kcpq-bio-lilyj,0,3625909.htmlstory?coll=kcpq-newsstaff-1

I think I am in love with Lily Jang. It seems crazy to even write that, with all things considered, but, well, what isn't crazy right now?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 February 2006 excerpt ends]





http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


BB: Who's Scar?

Duck: Not who. What. Toaster's top gun. Deadliest raider in the cylon fleet.

Jo Jo: Gimme break. Come on they're machines. one's the same as the next.

Yeah, that's what we thought till Captain thrace cut the brain out of one.

Hotdog: Scar's the best they got. Lotta pilots die going after that bastard.

BB: Why do they call him Scar?

Kat: You'll find out soon enough. He's got a taste for nuggets. Easy pickings.





http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


Galactica - Brig

Boomer: This guy's probably died and been reborn a dozen times. You may have faced him before.

Starbuck: So what, raiders reincarnate? Just like you?

Boomer: Yeah, just like me.

Starbuck: Great. What a frakkin' world.

Boomer: A raider's much like a trained animal, with the basic consciousness and survival instinct. But with the destruction of the resurrection ship, when they die, they're really dead. So, they're not gonna mount mass attacks where they could have major casualties.

Starbuck: Raiders reincarnate?

Boomer: Makes sense, doesn't it? It takes months for you to train a nugget into an effective viper pilot. And then they get killed. And their experience, their knowledge, their skill sets. They're all lost forever. So, if you could bring 'em back and put 'em in a brand new body, wouldn't you do it? 'Cause death then becomes a learning experience. How, uh-- how many pilots have we lost? I mean, have you lost?

Starbuck: You know, there are times when I look at you and I forget what you are. All I see is that kid that pooched her landings day after day. The kid that was frakkin' the chief and thinking she was getting away with it.

Boomer: Yeah, I remember. [Crying] You were like a big sister to--

Boomer reaches out to touch Starbuck on the leg. The marines promptly cock and raise their rifles to stop her.

Boomer: Kara, um-- be careful of Scar, okay? He's filled with rage.

Starbuck: About what?

Boomer: Dying's a painful and traumatic experience. Every time he's reborn, he's filled with more bitter memories. Scar hates you every bit as much as you hate him.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 5:05:57 PM

Subject: You looking at me, punk?

I'm back online and I still hate you spying bastards.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE:----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:25:22 PM


I haven't been able to follow Battlestar Galactica this past year


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/10/08 1:27 PM
I have had, several times, thoughts about when I flew back to bomb Osirak again on 6/8/1981, by myself. I have been thinking that I decided to not carry the extra fuel load and instead loaded up with 4 of the 2000 bombs. I arranged for a helicopter to meet me somewhere on the hard surface of the desert with extra fuel but as it turned out, I did not need the fuel because I was hit by AA fire just after I hit the target again. My F-16 Falcon crashed into the river and I waited for at least a day for a helo to extract me. The U.S. military was confused about why they were getting a U.S. rescue beacon from within Iraq and someone pondered over whether I really expected them to come in there and get me out.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 March 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/12/08 9:44 PM


I have also been pondering the plot element from the recent "Battlestar Galactica" episode about "Starbuck" being gone from the ship for over 2 months but it seemed to have only been about 6 hours to her. As I was just writing this, I thought to myself it seems similar to what I have noted about hyper-accelerated time, but that has not been the thoughts I usually have about that plot element. Rather, I wonder if it has something to do with me being missing for 2 months in 1981. I am not certain what it means. I cannot reconcile that I was missing for 2 months after I was shot done by anti-aircraft fire on 6/8/1981 after I made the 2nd strike by myself. I also do not think I was away from Phoebe for a 2 months period because of the space shuttle launch on 4/12/1981 and then the Osirak strike on 6/7/1981. I don't know. I know I had been missing before during the Vietnam War several times and probably several times in the 1980's, not counting the 1987 and 1987 period. So I don't know. I feel it means something relevant to me but I do not know what. I feel it represents a time when I was literally missing in action for over 2 months and that I was trying to get back to my unit. I also ponder over if it has something to do with me being missing for 2 years, meaning, that say, Phoebe did not see me for 2 years after 11/2/1975, but I don't think that is it. I think I saw her again at least by her 7/16/1977 birthday. Maybe it was from the perspective of other people that were part of my segmented life and their perception was that I had been missing for 2 years, from some time about November 1975 to November 1977.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 April 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie7.html

Star Trek Generations (1994)


COMM VOICE: Bridge to Captain Picard.

PICARD: Picard here.

COMM VOICE: There's a personal message for you from Earth.

PICARD: Put it through down here. The best thing about a life at sea was that no one could reach you.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/11/08 3:52 AM


When I was getting out of bed, I was thinking of possible details from the Osirak strike of 6/7/1981.

I imagined or remembered that I decided to go back on 6/8/1981 with four 2000-lb bombs instead of making 2 additional flights because of how I made it back to base on 6/7/1981.

I did run out of fuel on 6/7/1981, or almost did, and had to land on the hard desert surface, to wait for a helo to bring in more fuel for me. Because that went so well, I decided to do it again on 6/8/1981 but I was hit by anti-aircraft fire after I dropped the four 2000-lb bombs, and while I destroyed the target, my F-16 Falcon crashed into the river after I ejected. The Iraqis captured me because I was seriously injured, or at least temporarily seriously injured, and was probably just a pinched nerve in my back. I am not certain how I got out. I guess it could be as I wrote earlier in that the medical team thought I was permanently crippled so they did not have any security team watching me and I managed to slip away when they were not watching me.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 June 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/11/08 5:22 AM
This reminds me of that hyper-accelerated reality that I have written about before and that was demonstrated in that recent "Battlestar Galactica" episode. I have thought several times about that recent episode because she noted how quiet was her surroundings. I find a great sense of attraction to that notion of having a place to go to where you know you can be completely alone for a while. I guess that is why I created that literary device. I would have also created a literary device that does not make me choose having such thorought solitude and of giving up my companionship with my wife, Phoebe. I always want her around, no matter how stressful is my professional life. I never get tired of her.



Star Trek (Repeat)

51 TVLANDP: Wednesday, June 11 6:00 AM

Science fiction, Fantasy

Shore Leave

Shore leave on an idyllic world goes awry when Enterprise crew members find the fruits of their imaginations coming to life.

Cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Majel Barrett Director(s): Robert Sparr Executive Producer(s): Gene Roddenberry

Original Air Date: Dec 29, 1966


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 June 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/11/08 5:42 AM
In contrast is that episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" where "Scotty" was locked into that transporter loop for those decades. Or so I think of it as in contrast because I do not recall any details about him being conscious during that time of being locked in the transporter cycle. Rather, he was in more of a mode of suspended animation and for his awareness, he simply regained awareness after several decades had passed, as though he had been asleep, but he had no sense of the passage of time. Perhaps. Perhaps because the transporter device was not designed for such an operation, he encountered some kind of anomaly that was not known about because no one had ever tested such functionality.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 June 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/11/08 9:07 AM
I don't remember many details now, but something I just read about the Osirak strike in 1981 reminded me of a dream I had while asleep, having now just woke up. In the dream, there was the element of me flying an F-16 Falcon to bomb the facility again the next day, although the date is not really clear in the dream, and there was the element of two F-15 Eagles flying air cover high above me. But after waking up and just now thinking about that detail about the two F-15 Eagles, I am not certain I had air cover and went back by myself that second time. I am also thinking as I wrote this that I made other flights also but I am not certain what that means.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 July 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: November 29, 2006

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/29/06 9:33 AM
This is why I would have been sent on the pre-emptive strike against Osirak in Iraq in 1981. Because after my mission to destroy that comet in 1976, I was technically a Messiah, as I understand the word. It is important to distinguish, I think, the concept of messiah and savior. Anybody with enough time and resources can become a messiah figure under the right circumstances. George W. Bush has such delusions of grandeur. As for a “savior”, my understanding of that concept is that it is something of a supernatural figure.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 November 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: November 3, 2006

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/3/2006 9:33 AM


That guys name was Clarence-something. His last name was Defiesta I think, or something similar. He sat across the aisle from me for a while at Microsoft Issaquah. He called me “Master Chief” one day. Another time, we were standing in line in the cafeteria to pick up the upgraded Microsoft security badges and he was telling anyone within listening distance that I was a Navy SEAL. I yelled at him mildly to “knock it off.”

Early on in my time at Microsoft, probably 1999, I was walking down a hallway in the Microsoft Bellevue building and Dan Grady gave me a big salute. I told him he saluted like a girl. I suspect someone put him up to doing that.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 November 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/quotes

IMDb


The Thing (1982)

Quotes


MacReady: Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

[turns off tape recorder then turns it back on after a short pause]

MacReady: Nothing else I can do, just wait... R.J. MacReady, helicopter pilot, US outpost number 31.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:21 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 12 December 2015