Monday, December 21, 2015

That was some incredible timing.




You know what I'm talking about.



































10800_DSC02343.JPG



































10800_DSC02342.JPG



































hDSC01048.jpg



































hDSC01049.jpg



































hDSC01053.jpg










1956 film "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" DVD video:

00:00:00


[ with police car sirens wailing the city police rush Dr. Hill into City Emergency Hospital ]

Dr. Harvey Bassett: Oh, Dr. Hill.

Dr. Hill: Dr. Bassett. Well, where's the patient?

Dr. Harvey Bassett: I hated to drag you out of bed at this time of night.

Dr. Miles J. Bennell: Will you let me go while there's still time?

Dr. Harvey Bassett: You'll soon see why I did.

Dr. Miles J. Bennell: Will you tell these fools I'm not crazy? Make them listen to me before it's too late!

Dr. Hill: I'll listen to you. [ to security guards physically restraining Dr. Miles J. Bennell: ] Let him go.

Dr. Miles J. Bennell: Who are you?

Dr. Hill: I'm Dr. Hill from the state mental hospital.

Dr. Miles J. Bennell: I'm not insane!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:45 PM Wednesday, December 08, 2010


Behind my sarcasm desperate memories lie





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/heroesreturn.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Heroes Return"

Jesus Jesus what's it all about
trying to clout these little ingrates into shape
when i was their age all the lights went out
there was no time to whine and mope about
and even now part of me flies over
dresden at angels one five
though they'll never fathom it behind my
sarcasm desperate memories lie
sweetheart sweetheart are you fast asleep, good
'cos that's the only time that i can really [ speak ] to you
and there is something that i've locked away
a memory that is too painful
to withstand the light of day
when we came back from the war the banners and
flags hung on everyones door
we danced and we sang in the street and
the church bells rang
but burning in my heart
my memory smoulders on
of the gunners dying words on the intercom


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 December 2010 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:45 PM Wednesday, December 08, 2010


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal June 7, 2006, Supplemental

It is interesting to look at the map for that one place I lived, in my artificial memory at least, in Charlotte, NC. My street address was Dresden, for which I have felt some discomfort that I don't want to discuss very much, it produces something almost like dread for what I thought was an obvious reason. I started thinking more about it in terms of the Falklands War and I wonder what it means. A close-by street is named Sheffield. And that near-by park named Sheffield is I think where I remember stopping in one Saturday morning to watch some kind of Little League baseball game, which I remember enjoyed watching because it reminded me of playing baseball in my youth. All this, my apartment, the park, most of where I was riding my bicycle, was in between the two main roads Independance and Central. There is also that Sharon Amity street. Also nearby, although I don't remember actually knowing it at the time I lived there and notice it listed on the map, was the Evergreen Cemetary. I was living on Dresden when I was contract working for Microsoft Charlotte, but I can't remember if I was living there when I started or if I was still living at Arrowood.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 7 June 2006 excerpt ends]
[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 December 2010 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:49 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 21 December 2015