Sunday, December 13, 2015

Phoebe




https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Time_Machine_(Heinemann_text)/Chapter_V

Wikisource


The Time Machine by H. G. Wells

Chapter V.


'That day, too, I made a friend—of a sort. It happened that, as I was watching some of the little people bathing in a shallow, one of them was seized with cramp and began drifting downstream. The main current ran rather swiftly, but not too strongly for even a moderate swimmer. It will give you an idea, therefore, of the strange deficiency in these creatures, when I tell you that none made the slightest attempt to rescue the weakly crying little thing which was drowning before their eyes. When I realized this, I hurriedly slipped off my clothes, and, wading in at a point lower down, I caught the poor mite and drew her safe to land. A little rubbing of the limbs soon brought her round, and I had the satisfaction of seeing she was all right before I left her. I had got to such a low estimate of her kind that I did not expect any gratitude from her. In that, however, I was wrong.

'This happened in the morning. In the afternoon I met my little woman, as I believe it was, as I was returning towards my centre from an exploration, and she received me with cries of delight and presented me with a big garland of flowers—evidently made for me and me alone. The thing took my imagination. Very possibly I had been feeling desolate. At any rate I did my best to display my appreciation of the gift. We were soon seated together in a little stone arbour, engaged in conversation, chiefly of smiles. The creature's friendliness affected me exactly as a child's might have done. We passed each other flowers, and she kissed my hands. I did the same to hers. Then I tried talk, and found that her name was Weena, which, though I don't know what it meant, somehow seemed appropriate enough.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/12/2006 3:35 PM
As I recall, Phoebe Bailey wrote in a letter to me to “never forget that dance where we met because I never will.” That is quite humorous, really more humorous than I can articulate, if it represents me landing on Saturn’s moon, Phoebe. I have these moments where I want to scream because there is something locked in my mind that I can’t articulate. I was thinking something similar about the ‘darkness’ surrounding my spacecraft as I was billion miles away. There is truly a “great lakes” of emotion stored in my mind associated with so much that is forgotten. I feel this great humor in my mind about that comment from Phoebe, I feel that if I remember, I will laugh and laugh and laugh, for days on end probably.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 October 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine (1960)


Really, Filby. Surely they
taught you something in school.
Suppose you explain it, doctor.
Certainly.
For example, when I move in a line,
forward or backward...
...that's one dimension.
When I move left or right,
two dimensions.
When I move up or down...
...three dimensions.
For instance, that box.
That box has three dimensions:
length, breadth and height.
What is the fourth dimension?
That's mere theory. No one knows
if the fourth dimension exists.
On the contrary.
The fourth dimension is as real
and true as the other three.
In fact, they couldn't
exist without it.
What do you mean?










From 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of the solar system in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to my brother Thomas Reagan ) To 6/18/1990 is 5124 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/13/1979 ( my biological maternal grandfather Ronald Reagan’s announcement for Presidential Candidacy ) is 5124 days



From 10/20/1962 ( premiere US film "Mother Was a Rooster" ) To 6/5/1987 ( from my official United States Navy documents: "Earned NEC 1189" ) is 8994 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/18/1990 is 8994 days



From 9/18/1752 ( Adrien-Marie Legendre ) To 12/19/1801 ( the University of South Carolina founded ) is 17988 days

17988 = 8994 + 8994

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/18/1990 is 8994 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/10/phoebe.html ]


http://www.startrek.com/database_article/best-of-both-worlds-the-part-i

STAR TREK

Best of Both Worlds, The, Part I

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Episode: TNG 174 - Best of Both Worlds, The, Part I

Season 3 Ep. 26

Air Date: 06/18/1990










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/178.htm

Family [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 44012.3

Original Airdate: 1 Oct, 1990


PICARD: You don't know, Robert. You don't know. They took everything I was.










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/178.htm

Family [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 44012.3

Original Airdate: 1 Oct, 1990


PICARD: I tried. I tried so hard



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:57 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 13 December 2015