Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Stargate: Universe




There was also something I was writing a few times, possibly around the year 2003 timeframe, about how stupid are "Star Trek" fans for comparing "communicators" to modern day cellular phones. As "Star Trek" is notably unimaginative the notion is based on the so-called walkie-talkie technology of that era.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 16, 2006


Maybe that explains a memory I have from my symbolic recollections of my youth. I was convinced for a long time I wouldn't be injured during a long fall if I was standing on top of something that was also falling, for instance a large rock or a tree. I believed that if I stayed on that falling object until the last minute and then jumped off, I wouldn't crash to the ground as would the other object. Later I would realize that regardless of whether I was on the object or not, I was traveling at the same speed and would hit the ground with the same impact. Not sure what this memory represents, although it could be related to studies of physics. I started wondering if it represents a long fall in a disabled aircraft that I improbably survived.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 July 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 24, 2006


If we could just figure out a better way to travel to orbit without these silly rocket boosters, we would be well on our way to exploring more of the solar system and other solar systems. There has got to be a cheap and safe way to cheat gravity. Sometimes I think I know how to do it, but I just can't remember.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 July 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie (1994)


DANIEL
I-I'm gonna need more time. I mean, there's bound to be more structures here, or some other traces of civilization.

[O'Neil starts working on one of the pieces of equipment.]

O'NEIL
Not this trip. Just get back in there and reestablish contact.

DANIEL
Well, it's not that easy. This is a replica of the great pyramid of Giza. We're not gonna find any hieroglyphic inscriptions or carved relief. I mean, we really need to look around more.

[Ferretti and Kawalski have joined O'Neil and heard Daniel's response.]

O'NEIL
Your job here is to realign the Stargate. Can you do that or not?

[Daniel nods, then shrugs.]

DANIEL
I can't.

[The three look stunned.]

O'NEIL
(threateningly)
You can't or you won't?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 16, 2006


When I was watching on the news about the space shuttle crew being awakened with music as normal, I remembered something from long ago.


I remember being annoyed by it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 July 2006 excerpt ends]










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/101.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: UNIVERSE

AIR, PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 101

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.02.09


RUSH: Welcome aboard the Hammond, Eli. Yes, that is planet Earth and yes, you are on a spaceship. We need your help, Eli. To be honest, I don't know how long it's gonna take.

WALLACE: I should call my mom ... uh, tell her where I am.

(Automatically he gets his cellphone out of his pocket and starts scrolling through the menu.)

RUSH: That's probably not gonna work up here.

WALLACE (trying to cover his stupidity): Right, right!

RUSH: You can speak to her on the way. There's a cover story you'll have to follow.

WALLACE: I'm sorry, um, on the way to ...?

RUSH: To another planet, twenty-one light years from here.

WALLACE: I can't go. I ... I have things that ...

RUSH: We know about your mother's condition.

WALLACE (resigned): You just know everything, don't you?

RUSH: We also know that you are currently unemployed and that your mother's medical coverage is, um, an ongoing issue. We'll see she gets the best available care while you're gone.

WALLACE: And if I don't sign, what? You're gonna erase my memory? (He chuckles.)

RUSH (calmly): Something like that.

(Eli's smile fades. Realising that he really has no choice, he gestures to the pyjama bottoms he's wearing.)

WALLACE: Can I get some pants?










From 7/8/1904 ( Henri Cartan ) To 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut ) is 32080 days

32080 = 16040 + 16040

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/2/2009 is 16040 days



From 3/8/1960 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis"::"The Chicken from Outer Space" ) To 2/6/2004 ( my final day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the deputy director of the United States Marshals Service and the United States Marine Corps brigadier general circa 2004 ) is 16040 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/2/2009 is 16040 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 10/2/2009 is 6775 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/21/1984 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks on Signing the Child Protection Act of 1984 ) is 6775 days



From 4/16/1947 ( the cargo ship SS Grandchamp explodes in the port city of Texas City Texas ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 16040 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/2/2009 is 16040 days



From 4/16/1947 ( Bernard Baruch coins the term "Cold War" ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 16040 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/2/2009 is 16040 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 10/2/2009 is 6491 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/11/1983 ( Ronald Reagan - Memorandum on Competition in Federal Procurement ) is 6491 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) To 10/2/2009 is 6833 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/18/1984 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks by Telephone to the Annual Convention of American Ex-Prisoners of War ) is 6833 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 10/2/2009 is 6833 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/18/1984 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks by Telephone to the Annual Convention of American Ex-Prisoners of War ) is 6833 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 10/2/2009 is 5400 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/15/1980 ( Jimmy Carter - New York, New York Informal Exchange With Reporters Following a Visit to the Picasso Exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art ) is 5400 days



From 7/30/1966 ( premiere US film "Batman: The Movie" ) To 10/2/2009 is 15770 days

15770 = 7885 + 7885

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/5/1987 ( from my official United States Navy documents: "Earned NEC 1189" ) is 7885 days



From 7/13/1930 ( the scam and spiritualist community séance for Arthur Conan Doyle ) To 10/2/2009 is 28936 days

28936 = 14468 + 14468

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/13/2005 is 14468 days





http://stargate.mgm.com/view/episode/2836/index.html

STARGATE

THE OFFICIAL MGM SITE


Stargate Universe / Season 1 / Air: Part 1

Air: Part 1

Original Air Date: 10/02/2009










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/101.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: UNIVERSE

AIR, PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 101

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.02.09


YOUNG: You must be the ...

WALLACE: ... contest winner! Yeah.

(He turns and sees the rail gun above his head.)

WALLACE: That is a big gun!

(He lifts his camera phone up to take a picture of it.)

SCOTT: Rail gun. Five hundred rounds per minute.

YOUNG: This is Lieutenant Scott. He's been assigned to you, Mr Wallace.

RUSH (a little impatiently): Shall we go inside?

SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. The group has arrived in the base's Gateroom and Eli has got his first sight of a real Stargate.

WALLACE: Unbelievable!

SCOTT: Yeah, it is. It's weird how fast you can start to take something like this for granted.

WALLACE: So if the Stargate can instantly transport you to another planet, why did we fly here on a spaceship?

SCOTT: It's something to do with how this one's tied into the plane of the power. Apparently it's been modified to only dial out because incoming wormholes are too dangerous. You're the genius –- you could probably tell me better.

WALLACE: All I did was solve a puzzle in a video game.

SCOTT: Well, you figured out something Doctor Rush has been trying to figure out for months










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060153/releaseinfo

IMDb


Batman: The Movie (1966)

Release Info

USA 30 July 1966 (Austin, Texas) (premiere)










From 8/6/1982 ( premiere US film "Pink Floyd The Wall" ) To 6/5/1987 ( from my official United States Navy documents: "Earned NEC 1189" ) is 1764 days

1764 = 882 + 882

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/2/1968 ( premiere US film "2001: A Space Odyssey" ) is 882 days


[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/07/now-just-imagine-they-tried-doing-none.html ]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/quotes

IMDb


Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Quotes


Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin did not take to his new assignment with much enthusiasm.

Mace Windu: It's very dangerous, putting them together. I don't think the boy can handle it. I don't trust him.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: With all due respect, Master, is he not the Chosen One? Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force?

Mace Windu: So the prophecy says.

Yoda: A prophecy that misread could have been.










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/101.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: UNIVERSE

AIR, PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 101

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.02.09


RUSH: It should have worked.

YOUNG: Well, it didn't, and drawing power from the planet's core ...

RUSH (talking over him): Dangerous? Yes, I'm aware of that.

YOUNG: Regardless of what's been spent or what's at stake, my first priority is to ensure the safety of the people on this base.

RUSH: ... Of course. (He forces another smile.) Of course. Eli? We'd best run through your equations again.

(He smiles politely at the group as Eli looks startled.)

RUSH: Excuse me.

(He walks away as Eli calls after him, his voice high-pitched in indignation.)

WALLACE: You are not seriously putting this on me!










http://www.britannica.com/biography/Henri-Cartan

Encyclopædia Britannica


Henri Cartan

French mathematician

Henri Cartan, in full Henri-Paul Cartan (born July 8, 1904, Nancy, France—died Aug. 13, 2008, Paris), French mathematician who made fundamental advances in the theory of analytic functions.

Son of the distinguished mathematician Élie Cartan, Henri Cartan began his academic career as professor of mathematics at the Lycée Caen (1928–29). He was appointed deputy professor at the University of Lille in 1929 and two years later became professor of mathematics at the University of Strasbourg. In 1940 he joined the faculty of the University of Paris, where he remained until 1965; from 1970 to 1975 he taught at Orsay.

Cartan ran an influential seminar for many years, and contributed to the theory of sheaves, which he showed was a powerful tool in the theory of analytic functions of several variables, homological algebra, algebraic topology, and potential theory. His major works include Homological Algebra (1956) (written with Samuel Eilenberg), and Elementary Theory of Analytic Functions of One or Several Complex Variables (1963). The recipient of numerous honours, Cartan was awarded the 1980 Wolf Foundation Prize in Mathematics, and in 1989 he was made commander of the Legion of Honour.










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/101.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: UNIVERSE

AIR, PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 101

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.02.09



http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/102.shtml

GateWorld

STARGATE UNIVERSE

AIR, PART 2

EPISODE NUMBER - 102

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.02.09


RUSH: Destiny.

(Nearby, Brody and Park look at him in confusion.)

WALLACE: As in ours?

RUSH: The name of the ship, translated from Ancient.

(Eli stands and walks over to the console.)

RUSH: I've also discovered that they were never here.

WALLACE: I thought this was an Ancient ship.

RUSH: It is, but they sent it out unmanned, planning to use the Gate to get here when it was far enough out into the universe. But they probably learned to ascend before that time.

WALLACE: Learned to what?

RUSH: Ascension.

(Eli shakes his head, not understanding.)

RUSH: It's a process whereby consciousness converts to energy and no longer requires physical form.

WALLACE: That wasn't in the video!

RUSH (smiling): Oh, there's more than one video.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=44911

The American Presidency Project

Jimmy Carter

XXXIX President of the United States: 1977 - 1981

New York, New York Informal Exchange With Reporters Following a Visit to the Picasso Exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art.

August 15, 1980

Q. Mr. President, can you tell us how you enjoyed last night? Do you think that Kennedy was conciliatory enough?

THE PRESIDENT. Oh, yes. I think it was fine. Last night was good, and I think the convention, although it may have started out doubtful and kind of rocky and somewhat divided, there was a steady buildup both of enthusiasm and unity. My belief is that it's been a major step forward for the Democratic Party and I think, therefore, for the Nation.

Q. Do you think it gave you the boost in the polls? Do you think it will give you the boost in the polls your campaign advisers want?

THE PRESIDENT. I don't know. I never have worried too much about polls.

Q. Were you saying last night that Ronald Reagan was not qualified to be President?

THE PRESIDENT. Well, I was just saying that I and the Democratic Party are better qualified to run this Nation the next 4 years.

Q. Didn't you think that Senator Kennedy was a little cool?

THE PRESIDENT. I thought it was a very gracious thing for him to come.

Q. But no traditional handclasp. Why not?

THE PRESIDENT. We shook hands several times.

Q. What do you think of Picasso?

THE PRESIDENT. Great.

Note: The exchange began at approximately 9:30 a.m. outside the museum.










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/104.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE UNIVERSE

DARKNESS

EPISODE NUMBER - 104

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.16.09


VOLKER: We could be in range of a Stargate.

(Rush lets out another bitter laugh, pointing to Volker while looking at Young.)

RUSH: You see what I mean?! (Condescendingly) No, there's no countdown.

(He points to the counter above the doorway. Young shines his flashlight up there but the display is unlit.)

YOUNG: Well, there's gotta be emergency reserves.

RUSH: I don't think you seem to understand what's going on here, Colonel. Our "reserves" are gone. All of our power is gone.

KINO VISION. Volker, illuminated by somebody (presumably Eli) shining a flashlight on him, is doing his video message. He looks lost in thought, but then looks up into the Kino.

VOLKER: Uh, Doctor Dale Volker. I'm thirty-four years old and, despite what you may or may not have heard from a certain Scottish person, I like to think that I'm a pretty fine astrophysicist. I mean, they don't send you to work on solving the mysteries of the universe on other planets if you're a hack, right? So ... that's all I have to say.

(He nods to the holder of the flashlight, who moves the light off his face, but then he starts talking again. The flashlight holder illuminates his face again.)

VOLKER: I mean, we can't all be Mozarts, right? Some of us are ... Salieris. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I-I like Salieri. I find his music is, uh ... It's, uh ... It's soothing. (He points to one side as if gesturing towards Rush.) I'm not suggesting that he's Mozart either ... although Mozart did go a little nuts, didn't he? All right, I'm done.










http://gateworld.net/universe/s1/transcripts/101.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: UNIVERSE

AIR, PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 101

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 10.02.09


FLASHBACK. Colonel Young is in his kitchen with his wife.

EMILY (sarcastically): Well, it's always just one more year.

YOUNG: It's a command.

EMILY: Where?

YOUNG: Well, it's a lot safer than other tours I've done.

EMILY: You've put your time in, Everett.

YOUNG: When this tour's over, I promise ...

EMILY (interrupting): You know what? (She glares at him for a moment, then looks away.) Never mind. Don't bother. You always end up choosing somewhere other than here.

(Young walks over to her and turns her around to face him.)

YOUNG: I'm not choosing my job over you. How can you even say that to me?

(Emily relents a little and puts her arms around his neck.)

EMILY: I love you.

(She puts her mouth near his ear.)

EMILY: But I can't wait any more.










http://www.britannica.com/biography/Arthur-Conan-Doyle

Encyclopædia Britannica


Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

British author

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, in full Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle (born May 22, 1859, Edinburgh, Scotland—died July 7, 1930, Crowborough, Sussex, England), Scottish writer best known for his creation of the detective Sherlock Holmes—one of the most vivid and enduring characters in English fiction.

Conan Doyle, the second of Charles Altamont and Mary Foley Doyle’s 10 children, began seven years of Jesuit education in Lancashire, England, in 1868. After an additional year of schooling in Feldkirch, Austria, Conan Doyle returned to Edinburgh. Through the influence of Dr. Bryan Charles Waller, his mother’s lodger, he prepared for entry into the University of Edinburgh’s Medical School. He received Bachelor of Medicine and Master of Surgery qualifications from Edinburgh in 1881 and an M.D. in 1885 upon completing his thesis, “An Essay upon the Vasomotor Changes in Tabes Dorsalis.”

While a medical student, Conan Doyle was deeply impressed by the skill of his professor, Dr. Joseph Bell, in observing the most minute detail regarding a patient’s condition. This master of diagnostic deduction became the model for Conan Doyle’s literary creation, Sherlock Holmes, who first appeared in A Study in Scarlet in Beeton’s Christmas Annual of 1887. Other aspects of Conan Doyle’s medical education and experiences appear in his semiautobiographical novels, The Firm of Girdlestone (1890) and The Stark Munro Letters (1895), and in the collection of medical short stories Round the Red Lamp (1894). His creation of the logical, cold, calculating Holmes, the “world’s first and only consulting detective,” sharply contrasted with the paranormal beliefs Conan Doyle addressed in a short novel of this period, The Mystery of Cloomber (1889). Conan Doyle’s early interest in both scientifically supportable evidence and certain paranormal phenomena exemplified the complex diametrically opposing beliefs he struggled with throughout his life.

Although public clamour prompted him to continue writing Sherlock Holmes adventures through 1926, Conan Doyle claimed the success of Holmes overshadowed the merit he believed his other historical fiction deserved, most notably his tale of 14th-century chivalry, The White Company (1891), its companion piece, Sir Nigel (1906), and his adventures of the Napoleonic war hero Brigadier Gerard and the 19th-century skeptical scientist Professor George Edward Challenger.

When his passions ran high, Conan Doyle also turned to nonfiction. His subjects include military writings, The Great Boer War (1900) and The British Campaign in France and Flanders, 6 vol. (1916–20), the Belgian atrocities in the Congo in The Crime of the Congo (1909), as well as his involvement in the actual criminal cases of George Edalji and Oscar Slater.

Conan Doyle married Louisa Hawkins in 1885, and together they had two children, Mary and Kingsley. A year after Louisa’s death in 1906, he married Jean Leckie and with her had three children, Denis, Adrian, and Jean. Conan Doyle was knighted in 1902 for his work with a field hospital in Bloemfontein, South Africa, and other services during the South African (Boer) War.

Conan Doyle himself viewed his most important efforts to be his campaign in support of spiritualism, the religion and psychic research subject based upon the belief that spirits of the departed continued to exist in the hereafter and can be contacted by those still living. He donated the majority of his literary efforts and profits later in his life to this campaign, beginning with The New Revelation (1918) and The Vital Message (1919). He later chronicled his travels in supporting the spiritualist cause in The Wanderings of a Spiritualist (1921), Our American Adventure (1923), Our Second American Adventure (1924), and Our African Winter (1929). He discussed other spiritualist issues in his Case for Spirit Photography (1922), Pheneas Speaks (1927), and a two-volume The History of Spiritualism (1926). Conan Doyle became the world’s most renowned proponent of spiritualism, but he faced considerable opposition for his conviction from the magician Harry Houdini and in a 1920 debate with the humanist Joseph McCabe. Even spiritualists joined in criticizing Conan Doyle’s article “The Evidence for Fairies,” published in The Strand Magazine in 1921, and his subsequent book The Coming of the Fairies (1922), in which he voiced support for the claim that two young girls, Elsie Wright and Frances Griffiths, had photographed actual fairies that they had seen in the Yorkshire village of Cottingley.

Conan Doyle died in Windlesham, his home in Crowborough, Sussex, and at his funeral his family and members of the spiritualist community celebrated rather than mourned the occasion of his passing beyond the veil. On July 13, 1930, thousands of people filled London’s Royal Albert Hall for a séance during which Estelle Roberts, the spiritualist medium, claimed to have contacted Sir Arthur.










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scam

Dictionary.com


scam

a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.










http://www.fst.org/doyle.htm

FIRST SPIRITUAL TEMPLE


Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

(1859-1930)

Just as Andrew Jackson Davis was called the "John the Baptist" of Modern Spiritualism, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was called the "St. Paul" of Spiritualism. He was a prolific writer on the subject and an avid proponent. And, of course, he is renowned for his Sherlock Holmes stories.

Sir Arthur's introduction to the occult took place while he was a physician at Southsea, United Kingdom. During the years 1885 to 1888, he was invited to participate in table turning sittings at the home of one of his patients, General Drayson, a teacher at the Greenwich Naval College. The medium was a railway signalman, and some amazing phenomena and apportations took place.

The phenomena were, quite frankly, too amazing for Sir Arthur, and he underrated both the honesty of the medium and the intelligence of the sitters. Nonetheless, his interest was aroused.

Shortly thereafter, he joined the Society for Psychical Research (SPR) and carried out a series of experiments with a Mrs. Ball. From these experiments, Sir Arthur was convinced that telepathy was genuine. As far as survival and mediumship were concerned, in 1902, when he first met Sir Oliver Lodge, he had not arrived at any definite conclusions. However, Myers' classic, Human Personality and Its Survival of Bodily Death, made a deep impression upon him.

For nearly 30 years, Sir Arthur continued his studies and investigations. Finally, at the peak of his literary career, at approximately the age of 58, he took a decisive step and wrote The New Revelation and The Vital Message. In these books, he firmly associated himself with the cause of Modern Spiritualism.

His critics -- and there were many -- attributed his newly found faith to bereavement suffered during the war; he vehemently denied these statements. His youngest son, Kingsley, died of pneumonia during the war. A year after his son's death, he attended a sitting held by a Welsh medium; there, his son spoke to him. Later on, he stated: "It was his voice and he spoke of concerns unknown to the medium." Shortly after this, he saw his mother and nephew, in his words: "As plainly as I ever saw them in life!" The cynic would call his jump into Spiritualism nothing more than a manifestation of grief. The clear-headed thinker would see this as an answer to his prayers and worries. Thank God for us all that Sir Arthur was a clear-headed thinker.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's most substantive book on Spiritualism is the two-volume set, The History of Spiritualism. This is an absolute must-read for all students of the subject. Within its pages, he discusses a wide range of subjects and personalities linked with the Modern Spiritualist Movement, both in America and the United Kingdom.

Addressing the remarks of his critics, he writes in The History of Spiritualism the following:

"The sight of the world which was distraught with sorrow and which was eagerly asking for help and knowledge, did certainly affect my mind and cause me to understand that these psychic studies, which I had so long pursued, were of immense practical importance and could no longer be regarded as a mere intellectual hobby or fascinating pursuit of a novel research. It was this realization which, from early in 1916, caused me and my wife to devote ourselves largely to this subject, to lecture upon it in many countries, and to travel to Australia, New Zealand, America and Canada upon missions of instruction."

Further on, he declared:

"As for the charge of credulity which is invariable directed by the unreceptive against anyone who forms a positive opinion upon this subject, I can solemnly aver that in the course of my long career as an investigator, I cannot recall one single case where it was clearly shown that I had been mistaken upon any serious point, or had given a certificate of honesty to a performance which was afterwards clearly proved to be dishonest. A man who is credulous does not take twenty years of reading and experiment before he comes to his fixed conclusions."

We cringe at Sir Arthur's use of the word performance; however, this statement bears great weight upon his support for the cause.

He began his mission in 1918, with visits to most of the major cities of Great Britain. Then, during 1920 and 1921, he visited Australia and New Zealand. Early in 1922, he went to America and toured the Eastern states; the following year, he traveled as far as California. In 1928, he left for South Africa, and in the autumn of that same year, he preached Spiritualism in the Northern countries of Europe.

Let it not be said that his promulgation of Spiritualism did not come without a price. He expended a tremendous amount of physical and emotional energy. Furthermore, it is estimated that the decline in his literary output, because of his devotion to Spiritualism, translated into a loss of approximately £200,000, an amazing amount of money for the time.

Sir Arthur was not exempt from professional conflicts either. During 1922, when the Society for Psychical Research was invloved in a scandal surrounding spirit photographer, William Hope, Sir Arthur stood up valiantly in defense of Mr. Hope. This caused a riff between him and the prestigious S.P.R. His association with the S.P.R. was further antagonized by Theodore Besterman's review of Mrs. Hack's Modern Miracles at Millesimo Castle. Finally, believing that the honor of Ernesto Bozzano, investigator of the famous Italian medium, Eusapia Paladino, and a close friend, was compromised by the Society, Sir Arthur resigned his membership. This resignation widened the already growing gulf between Spiritualists of the day and psychic researchers. This caused many Spiritualists to resign their membership to the S.P.R.

At the International Spiritualist Congress, held in Paris, in 1925, Sir Arthur was nominated Honorary President. In the same year, he had a public discussion, in London, with Sir Arthur Keith on Spiritualism. He won many points during this public debate.

It was during Sir Arthur's Presidency of the London Spiritualist Alliance that Mrs. Cantlon, one of the mediums sanctioned by the Alliance, was charged with fortune-telling (quite illegal at the time). When the Alliance was assessed with costs amounting to £800, he voiced a vigorous protest in The London Times, alleging that this was nothing more than an organized persecution of Spiritualists. He, then, started a drive for the modification of the Fortune Telling Act; and, on July 1, 1930, he led a petition to Council. Six days later, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle passed to Spirit.

True to his ways, even death did not silence him. On July 13, 1930, a large reunion was held in Albert Hall, London. A chair was left empty in honor of Sir Arthur. Estelle Roberts, one of England's finest and most respected mediums, said that she saw clairvoyantly Conan Doyle in the chair and offered a personal message from the great writer to his family; they accepted the message as evidential.

Since then -- and, unfortunately, as is the case amongst so many Spiritualists -- numerous mediums, on both sides of the Atlantic, claim to have given spirit messages from Sir Arthur.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-many-loves-of-dobie-gillis/the-chicken-from-outer-space-9152/

tv.com


The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis Season 1 Episode 23

The Chicken from Outer Space

Aired Tuesday 8:30 PM Mar 08, 1960 on CBS

AIRED: 3/8/60










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=the-day-the-earth-stood-still-2008

Springfield! Springfield!


The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)


Object 07/493 was first spotted
just beyond Jupiter's orbit
by the Spaceguard program.
It was notable for the fact that it was
not moving in an asteroidal ellipse,
but rather, it had a hyperbolic orbit
and was shooting
through our solar system.
The object was moving at speeds
of up to three times 10-to-the-seventh
meters per second.
At first, it was projected to pass
millions of miles outside of Earth's orbit.
However, we soon discovered
that the object
was not following
a gravitationally freefall trajectory.
As such, its path was recalculated.
It was at this time
a crisis response team was activated
and everything you see around you
was set in motion.
Can we launch a missile to intercept it?
The military is attempting to do just that.





http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=the-day-the-earth-stood-still-2008

Springfield! Springfield!


The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)


Look, whatever it is,
if this object is moving
at three times 10-to-the-seventh
meters per second,
there will be no aftermath.
If they can't stop it before it hits,
there will be nothing left but dust.
It will sterilize the Earth.
This is all theater.
They're saying we lost launch capability.
- What? How?
- What does that mean?
- The missile's disabled.
- Disabled by what?



































http://egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/smiling_monkey-600x475.jpg










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb


The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Quotes


Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.

Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:32 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 30 December 2015