Friday, April 15, 2016

Blimey.




http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/education-chief-wants-more-well-rounded-learning-n556531

NBC NEWS


NEWS

APR 15 2016, 9:28 AM ET

Education Chief Wants More Well-Rounded Learning

by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Education Secretary John B. King Jr. wants to see a return to a more well-rounded education for schoolchildren, one that spotlights the importance of science, social studies, world languages and the arts.

In a speech Thursday in Las Vegas, King said some schools have focused too intensely on reading and math and testing in those subjects under the 2002 No Child Left Behind law. It was a complaint King heard before coming to Washington, when he was New York's education commissioner and oversaw the state's elementary and secondary schools.

Now, with a new federal education law in place, King said it's time to reset instruction to embrace other subjects that also are critical to learning.

"There is a lot of reason to believe that students are not getting the instruction in science, social studies, the arts, and world languages that they need," King said. "I count myself among those who worry that the balance has shifted too much away from subjects outside of math and English that can be the spark to a child's interest and excitement, are actually essential to success in reading, and are critical to a child's future."



















https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/US_-_Presidential_Service_Badge.png










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=58129

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993-2001

Remarks at a Reception for Representative James E. Clyburn in Columbia, South Carolina

March 29, 2000

Well, it's certainly a relief, after this long trip I just took from Washington to India and Bangladesh and Pakistan and Switzerland, to be with such a laid-back crowd tonight. [Laughter] I'll tell you, I don't know how many people said to me tonight, "You must be so tired." If I had been tired, I'd be so pumped after this, I may not sleep for 3 more days. [Laughter] I want to thank you all for the wonderful welcome. I want to thank the young people who performed for us tonight, and I want to thank all of you who brought your children tonight, to remind us of why we're really all here.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/trivia

IMDb


The Simpsons Movie (2007)

Quotes



Martin: I've been taking your crap all my life!

Dolph, Jimbo Jones, Kearney: Uggghh!

Martin: Whoo! This feels good! No wonder you do it.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/18/07 11:32 AM
I think Monica Lewinsky was a goddamned Microsoft-Corbis zombie.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 March 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100405/quotes

IMDb


Pretty Woman (1990)

Quotes


Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Vivian: I was in here yesterday, you wouldn't wait on me.

Shop assistant: Oh.

Vivian: You people work on commission, right?

Shop assistant: Yeah.

Vivian: Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now.










http://www.tv.com/shows/lost/deus-ex-machina-397844/

tv.com


Lost Season 1 Episode 19

Deus Ex Machina

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 30, 2005 on ABC

Locke thinks he's being sent a sign on how to get the hatch open


AIRED: 3/30/05



http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex_Machina_transcript

LOSTPEDIA


Episode 19 - "Deus Ex Machina"


LOCKE: I've done everything you wanted me to do, so why did you do this to me?!

[A light goes on inside the hatch.]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:54 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 15 April 2016