Friday, August 19, 2011

Blue Velvet (1986)




As I watch it now on the not-so-free "Free Movies!" section of the cable television subscription I have with Comcast out of Seattle Washington I have paused this video at the 1:00 hour point of the 2:00 hour video.

God, I do not think I have ever watched such an agonizingly boring film as this one. I cannot stand to think of watching another hour of it.

But certain details are compelling, for reasons specific to the film and for reasons that have been lurking in my mind recently and for reasons I thought of as I watch it.

What is makes me wonder about as I watched it is if it had some bearing on my work as a Deputy United States Marshal in Columbia South Carolina in the 1990's. I started thinking that it became compelling because I was hit by gunfire in the ear in the early 1990's and the Bill Gates Nazi's, featuring Will Smith the "Fresh Prince Pansy," gave it new life because of that injury I sustained. I watched the video and I started thinking that I could associate something about velvet with Columbia South Carolina in the early 1990's.

I also thought about how the lead female protagonist, the daughter of the local police detective, was also a starring character of the film "Jurassic Park" which was early 1990's. I cannot recall precise premiere date without looking it up. She is a senior high school student at "Central High School." When did I have that apartment in Central South Carolina? Mid-1992 I think that was. I had just moved back from living in Memphis Tennessee for about six weeks or so. I had that apartment on Issaqueena Trail or something and then I bought that house in Country Club Estates in Greer South Carolina.

So anyway, I was thinking about making my next blog post, which is this one, about something that has been lingering in my mind lately. I will incorporate those details into my next blog post and those details will be the majority of that post, along with some other details from this 1986 film "Blue Velvet" which is relevant to what I had been thinking about posting next.

Also, Lumberton North Carolina is familiar to me but only until the late 1990's. There was a lumber company I did some computer work for in the late 1990's. Willamette I think. I cannot recall the name of the town I used to drive to sometimes to go to their office building.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090756/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Blue Velvet (1986)

Country Date

USA 19 September 1986