Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One of us should be having a good time.




I woke up this morning and I was to go to the grocery store later today to purchase bread for making sandwiches. I did not do that though, even though I wanted to do that, and I purchased beer instead. How that could have influenced me tonight to decide to watch the DVD I have for the 1990 film "Jacob's Ladder" is not explanable or even rational. I did not even think about watching that DVD until about five minutes before starting to watch it and that was after I had started to watch the 1991 television movie "Mission of the Shark" DVD and then rejecting in and then going back to my collection of DVDs and then deciding on "Jacob's Ladder," which I started watching again about two hours ago or so. I watched it once when I first got a copy of the DVD in the mail but I did not watch it all. I stopped it at some point I have not yet reached. I think I stopped it last time at the point with the dialog about the chiropractor being a cherup and the talk about burning something away from the soul. I am familiar with the details after that though. I think I wrote about how I remember watching it back in the 1990's although I cannot recall at this moment if I ever recalled that I saw it in the theatres when it premiered. I am certain I did not see it. As I have written, a bank officer at First Federal told me about it and in my memory I had not seen it so I must not have gone to see it in the theatre.










http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930301&s=201108242000&sid=30240&sn=KZJODT&st=201108242000&cn=110

excite


The Simpsons (Repeat)

110 KZJODT: Wednesday, August 24 8:00 PM

Sitcom, Animated

Half-Decent Proposal

Marge's wealthy ex-boyfriend offers Homer $1 million for a weeklong tryst with her.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, David Mirkin

Original Air Date: Feb 10, 2002





http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930054&s=201108242000&sid=30240&sn=KZJODT&st=201108242030&cn=110

excite


The Simpsons (Repeat)

110 KZJODT: Wednesday, August 24 8:30 PM

Sitcom, Animated

Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk

Mr. Burns sells the plant; Homer is laid off.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Harry Shearer, Hank Azaria Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, David Mirkin

Original Air Date: Dec 05, 1991










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/8F09.html

Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk


The workers are gathered for an informal meeting...

(Lenny's face is back to normal.)

Len: Those lousy Germans can't fire me. I'm the only one knows how to unjam the rod bottom dissociator.

Karl: Well, they can't fire me. I'm the only one certified to run the gaseous contaminant particular [sic] fire.

Homer: Well, they can't fire me!

Len and Karl: Why?

Homer: Because... [long silence]

-- Reason enough, ``Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk''

Horst: Guten Morgen. I am Horst. The new owners have elected me to speak with you because I am the most non-threatening. Perhaps I remind you of the loveable Sergeant Schultz on Hogan's Heroes.

All: Oh yeah, yeah he does.

-- Familiarity breeds familiarity, ``Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk''

He explains that the best way to an efficient plant is to have happy workers who are secure at their jobs.

Horst: Do we have any alcoholics among us?

[hands slowly go up]

Man 1: Uh, me?

Man 2: Right here.

Man 3: I'm drunk right now!










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/8F09.html

Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk


At the plant, the ceiling collapses, and the repairs to bring it up to code will cost $100 million. Burns pays the owners a visit...

Burns: [begging] Please sell me my plant back. I'll pay anything.

Horst: Isn't this a happy coincidence! You are desperate to buy, and we are desperate to sell.

Burns: [calculatingly] Desperate, eh? ... Advantage: Burns!

-- Reversal of fortune, ``Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk''

Burns plays hardball, managing to repurchase the plant for only $50 million.

The Germans reluctantly agree...

Horst: [threatingly] We Germans aren't all smiles und sunshine.

Burns: [recoils in mock horror] Oooh, the Germans are mad at me. I'm so scared! Oooh, the Germans! [hiding behind Smithers] Uh oh, the Germans are going to get me!

Horst: Stop it!

Man 2: Stop, sir.

Burns: Don't let the Germans come after me. Oh no, the Germans are coming after me.

Man 2: Please stop the `pretending you are scared' game, please.

Horst: Stop it! Stop it!

Burns: [brief pause, then resumes] No! They're so big and strong!

Man 2: Stop it.

Horst: Stop it, Mr. Burns.

Man 2: Please stop pretending you are scared of us, please, now.

Burns: Oh, protect me from the Germans! The Germans...

Horst: Burns, STOP IT!










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/DABF04

Half-Decent Proposal

Original Airdate on FOX: 10-Feb-2002


% "Coming up next on BHO," an announcer says, "It's 'Arli$$'!" This
% sends Patty and Selma diving for the remote. They tune in to the
% Channel 6 News.

Kent: Gentlemen, start your envy. "Mens' Wealth" magazine has listed the 100 richest men in the country, and coming in at number five is Springfield native Artie Ziff.

Patty: [to Marge] Whoa! Your old boyfriend.

Marge: Please -- we went out once.

Kent: Artie made megabucks with a revolutionary invention -- a converter that changes that horrible modem noise into easy-listening music.

[some footage of Artie demonstrating his invention is shown. He's in a computer store, and a modem is connecting somewhere. As it makes the usual electric squealing noise, Artie flips a switch, and it begins to play "Georgie Girl"]

Also available with lyrics! [flips a switch]

Modem: [singing, in Artie's voice, to the tune of "Georgie Girl"] Hey, com-puter geek, You will be connected in no time.

-- "Half-Decent Proposal"

% Marge's sisters wonder why she didn't reel Artie in when she had the
% chance. Marge tells them the story of how Artie went from a "sweet
% little shrimp" to an "octopus," as we here in TV land see flashback
% from "The Way We Was (7F12)."

Selma: Well, I think you should get in touch with him. You know, just to congratulate him on his success. [nudges Marge's champale glass towards Patty, who refills it]

Marge: Well, I suppose I could just write him a letter.

Patty: Are you nuts? [points to a computer] E-mail, female.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/J/Jacobs_ladder_CD1.html


Jacobs ladder


Jake?
You're going to be all right, Jake.
Oh, you're going to be fine.
Am I...
Am I home?
Yeah. You're right here.
Home.
Doctor says you're lucky your brains didn't boil.
What a night, Jake, huh?
You were screaming and kicking...
and you kept saying,
"Sarah, close the window,"
over and over.
And talking to your kids,
even the dead one.
Weird, huh?
You know you melted 50 pounds of ice in 8 hours?
Am I dead?
Oh, no.
No. You're right here.
Doctor says you got to rest.
You see, he says you have a virus.
That's what they always say
when they don't know what it is.
Now, you just lie here, ok?
You know, you really ought to get out today.
You can't just sit around like this all the time.
It's not healthy.
It's not good for your mind.
Go take a walk or something.
Do something.
Go to a movie.
Go enjoy yourself.
One of us should be having a good time.
Anybody in there?
Anybody home?
Who are you?
Fuck you.
Two weeks of this shit!
I've had enough.
Go ahead and rot if you want.
Have a good fucking day.