Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Greer




I dreamed about that house again I remember that I used to own and as usual that recurring dream does not disappoint. I don't write about it in my public or private journal but I write about it now because it leaves me this morning with a strong longing for something somewhere. I am not interested at all in moving to that specific but the dream just makes me think of being somewhere else. So the reason I decided to note today that latest dream is because the point in the dream I can clearly recall, after a lot of stuff happened that I do not now recall, is that I found myself sitting in the living room of that house and I was sitting in front of a white dry erase board and I had been sitting there for quite a while and I seemed to have been lost in concentration as I was writing a whole bunch of equations on that dry erase board. I have no memory of ever actually doing that when I lived in that house but I do have memory of that in my apartment in 1998 in Rock Hill South Carolina as I wrote computer programs. I was sitting there in the living room of that house in Greer and the television was in front of me and to my left side and it had been on for a while playing something in the background that I don't recall but then I noticed it because the television news came on and I even now want to watch television news but they antagonize me too much even if I watched it this very morning and so I was sitting there examining the equations I was writing on that dry erase board and at one point, the only real point I examined those equations in my dream, I was looking closely at what I had written there and I was thinking that I should re-write some of the equations because the series I was looking at wasn't very legible. I could read it but it could have been written plainer. I have no idea after waking up what I was working on that dry erase board in terms of the purpose of those equations. Then I was looking out the living room window which I was next to and that was to my right side. The time of day seemed to be early morning and the sun seemed to be still just below the horizon on a cloud-covered sky. There seemed to be a lot of automobile traffic on the street in front of my house but that would probably be normal as everyone drove off for work. I thought I saw Bobbilynn's car drive past my house. I heard voices and I saw a man with two kids who were wearing Halloween costumes and I thought specifically in the dream that the day as I was standing there in my house was the morning of Halloween. As usual in that dream, I had just moved back in there and I was happy to be there. I was standing there looking to see if I had candy for Halloween in case trick-or-treaters came around and I did have some candy but most of it was not individually wrapped and I did not really want to give out that kind of candy but I did have some individually wrapped candy so I was standing there and I was thinking about what I was going to tell the neighbors if they asked me any questions about my new arrival into the neighborhood. One detail I thought about in the dream was how I had actually owned the house since 1994, which I think is the year I sold it, but I had been renting it out all this time and I just now moved back in and I was glad to be back there. I looked out the window and the light was still kind of dim although I could see fairly clearly all the way out past the street in front and beyond that and I saw walking through my yard a black cat. The cat had crossed over the sidewalk running up to the circle driveway and the cat stopped to look at me just about the time I saw it. I thought about how the grass was going to need mowing and I would need to purchase a lawn mower. I used to have a riding lawn mower when I used to live there but I was going to purchase a push lawn mower and I wasn't looking forward to mowing that entire lawn with a push mower.