Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Last Man on Earth (1964)




Having just finished in the past few minutes after starting to write this sentence watching the 1964 film "The Last Man on Earth" on the cable television subscription service from Seattle that I have here in King County Washington State I was thinking again about how that black dog reminds me of that black cat I saw recently in my dream.

As with the completely black dog that then had what seems to be a bandage that Vincent Price affixed to it, apparently because of a vampire bite, the black cat I saw in my dream had a patch of white hair below its neck and on its upper chest and I have been wondering about that although this is the first time I wrote about that detail.

I remember that Vincent Price is chasing that dog and he runs past a structure that reminds me of the Seattle Space Needle. He then finds the bodies that have been impaled with the steel rods. Then he is back at his house yelling into the radio and then the dog is back and in his front yard and is apparently wounded from a vampire attack and then apparently Vincent Price kills the dog with a wooden stake and when he is burying a burlap sack with a wooden stake in it then that is when he sees the woman who apparently is partially infected but is able to biologically fend off the virus or germ plague by a vaccine that must be taken on a regular basis. He gives her a blood transfusion and that seems to cure her, although she might have been bitten again by a vampire shortly after that, and then Vincent Price is chased around and gunshot by her group of survivors and then he is killed by a spear that is hurled into him when they have him cornered.

I was aware that film starring Vincent Price existed but I wasn't really familiar with the story line. I guess I probably started to watch it once a very long time ago but I thought it was so stupid, mostly because I haven't been a fan of Vincent Price since I was a kid, and I only watched a few minutes of it before I stopped watching it.

Next up on cable television is the Bruce Willis film for 2008 titled "Surrogates." I remember when it premiered in the theatres but I didn't go see it and then will be the first time I have watched it and I hope I can watch the entire broadcast without stopping to make an official statement about that racketeering production and to give them public notice to cease and desist and that they should immediately surrender to the police in the locality.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058700/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Last Man on Earth (1964)

Country Date

USA 8 March 1964










http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/629731


The Last Man on Earth (1964)


There was a time when I shopped for a car,
Now I'm looking for a hearse,
This station wagon will have to do,
Alive.
It's alive.
Wait. Don't run away!
Come back here.
Don't run away!

Come back. Come back here!
Wherever he is, I've got to find him,
If I have to search every street, every house, every alley,,,
every inch of this town, I've got to find him,
Come back!
Hey, boy, where are you?
Where are you, pal? Come here.
They're dead,
They've been staked,
These are made of iron, Not wood, like mine,

Someone else is alive in this world,
But where are they? Where are they hiding?
How many are there? Where did they come from?
Why haven't I seen them?
This is Robert Morgan.
If somebody can hear me, answer me.
For God's sake, answer me!
This is K-O-K-W calling.
Answer me.
So you finally decided to come back,

Good boy,
Oh, no,
Don't worry, boy.
You're going to be all right. Yes, you are.
There now, we've got you all cleaned up.
You're gonna feel better.
Gonna put you down here now and you can rest.
Got you all cleaned up.
You know they're out there, don't you?
You poor driven thing.

Everything's going to be all right.
Nobody's going to hurt you.
Everything's going to be all right.
All right.
You're going to get better.
We're going to have lots of happy times together.
You'll see. Everything's going to be fine.
What's the use?










http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/629731


The Last Man on Earth (1964)


But you lived through all this. Do you know why?
Perhaps I was chosen.

That's a laugh.
Or perhaps it's because a long time ago when I worked in Panama...
I was bitten in my sleep by a bat.
My theory is...
that the bat had previously acquired the vampire germ.
By the time it entered my blood...
it had been strained and weakened by the bat's system.
As a result, I have immunity.
It's only a guess, but it's all I have to go on.
You don't think that I'm immune, do you?

It's a simple matter to find out whether you are or not.
What will you do if I am infected?
Cure me?
You don't have to answer.
I know as well as you do...
it's incurable.
There might be a way.
If not of killing the germ, at least of containing it, keeping it from spreading.
If I had the equipment, the time.
Which you don't.

You are one of them.
I was. And without that injection, I'll be one again.
What do you mean?
- You found a solution? - That's right.
Exactly as you said it could be.
I take that for it.
What is it?
Defibrinated blood, plus vaccine.
The blood feeds the germ...
the vaccine keeps it isolated...

and prevents it from multiplying.
We've had it for some time now.
We?
There are quite a number of us.
And I thought you were alone.
I was going to cure you.
- Does that amuse you? - No.
Now, I want the truth.
I want all of it. Why are you here?
To find out if you know any more than we do.

You know far less.
We're alive. Infected, yes. But alive.
We're going to reorganize society.
Do away with those wretched creatures who are neither alive nor dead.
Start everything all over again.
And you want me to join?
You can't join us.
You're a monster to them.
Why do you think I ran when I saw you?
Even though I was assigned to spy on you.

Because I was so terrified of what I'd heard about you.
You're a legend in the city. Living by day instead of night.
Leaving, as evidence of your existence, bloodless corpses.
Many of the people you destroyed were still alive.
Many of them were loved ones of the people in my group.
I didn't know.










http://movie.subtitlr.com/subtitle/show/629731


The Last Man on Earth (1964)


There he is! In the church!
Hold your fire!
Freaks!
All of you.
All of you, freaks. Mutations.
Hold it.
You're freaks.
I am a man.
The last man.

They were afraid of me.
They didn't know.