Friday, December 26, 2014

First Contact




http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


RIKER: But unless you make that warp flight tomorrow morning before eleven fifteen, none of it will happen.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


[Titan V control room]

TROI: We're ready to open the launch door.

RIKER (on intercom): Go ahead.

[Phoenix cockpit]

RIKER: Look at that!

COCHRANE: What, you don't have a moon in the twenty-fourth century?

RIKER: Sure we do. It looks a lot different. There are fifty million people living on the moon in my time. You can see Tycho City, New Berlin, even Lake Armstrong on a day like this.

COCHRANE: Aha.

RIKER: And you know, Doctor...

COCHRANE: Please ...don't tell me it's all thanks to me. I've heard enough about the great Zefram Cochrane. I don't know who writes your history books or where you get your information from, but you people got some pretty funny ideas about me. You all look at me as if I'm some kind of saint or visionary or something.

RIKER: I don't think you're a saint, Doc, but you did have a vision. ...And now we're sitting in it.

COCHRANE: You wanna know what my vision is? ...Dollar signs! Money! I didn't build this ship to usher in a new era for humanity.










From 4/21/1926 ( my biological paternal grandmother Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II ) To 2/25/1927 ( the McFadden Banking Act approved by Calvin Coolidge ) is 310 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/8/1966 is 310 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 6/23/1961 ( US Air Force Major Robert White became the first person to deliberately fly an airplane faster than Mach 5 ) is 310 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/8/1966 is 310 days



From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 6/23/1961 ( US Air Force Major Robert White became the first person to deliberately fly an airplane faster than Mach 5 ) is 310 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/8/1966 is 310 days



From 7/2/1877 ( Hermann Hesse ) To 3/14/1879 ( Albert Einstein ) is 620 days

620 = 310 + 310

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/8/1966 is 310 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708469/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

"Star Trek"

The Man Trap (1966)

Country Date

USA 8 September 1966

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708469/

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Star Trek (TV series 1966–1969)

The Man Trap (#1.1)

Release Date: 8 September 1966 (USA)

http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek/the-man-trap-24886/

tv.com


Star Trek Season 1 Episode 1

The Man Trap

Aired Unknown Sep 08, 1966 on NBC

AIRED: 9/8/66










http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title12/html/USCODE-2011-title12-chap2-subchapI-sec36.htm

12 U.S.C.

United States Code, 2011 Edition

Title 12 - BANKS AND BANKING

CHAPTER 2 - NATIONAL BANKS

SUBCHAPTER I - ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL PROVISIONS

Sec. 36 - Branch banks

From the U.S. Government Printing Office, www.gpo.gov

§36. Branch banks

The conditions upon which a national banking association may retain or establish and operate a branch or branches are the following:

(a) Lawful and continuous operation

A national banking association may retain and operate such branch or branches as it may have had in lawful operation on February 25, 1927, and any national banking association which continuously maintained and operated not more than one branch for a period of more than twenty-five years immediately preceding February 25, 1927, may continue to maintain and operate such branch.

(b) Converted State banks

(1) A national bank resulting from the conversion of a State bank may retain and operate as a branch any office which was a branch of the State bank immediately prior to conversion if such office—

(A) might be established under subsection (c) of this section as a new branch of the resulting national bank, and is approved by the Comptroller of the Currency for continued operation as a branch of the resulting national bank;

(B) was a branch of any bank on February 25, 1927


Amendments


1927—Act Feb. 25, 1927



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Thomas_McFadden


Louis Thomas McFadden

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Louis Thomas McFadden (July 25, 1876 – October 1, 1936) was a Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania, serving from 1923-1935. A banker by trade, he was an opponent of the Federal Reserve system, and was the chief sponsor of the McFadden Act of 1927 which limited federal branch banks to the city in which the main branch operates. He believed that Jewish bankers were plotting with others against the United States. He attempted to impeach President Herbert Hoover in a move that was overwhelmingly rejected.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/6.htm

The Man Trap

Stardate: 1513.1

Original Airdate: Sep 8, 1966


CRATER: The heroic Captain and the intrepid doctor cross interstellar space to preserve our health. Your sense of duty is overwhelming. Now will you please go back where you came from and tell whoever issues your orders to leave me and my wife alone. We need salt against the heat. Aside from that, we're doing very well, thank you.

MCCOY: I'm pleased you're doing well but I'm required to confirm that fact.

CRATER: Doubtless the good surgeon will enjoy prodding and poking us with his arcane machinery. Go away, we don't want you.

MCCOY: What you want is unimportant right now. What you will get is required by the book.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/6.htm

The Man Trap

Stardate: 1513.1

Original Airdate: Sep 8, 1966


KIRK: Your wife, Professor. Where is she? Your wife, Professor. Where is she?

CRATER: She was the last of her kind.

KIRK: The last of her kind?

CRATER: The last of its kind. Earth history, remember? Like the passenger pigeon or buffalo. Ooh! I feel strange.

KIRK: Just stunned. You'll be able to think in a minute.

SPOCK: The Earth buffalo. What about it?

CRATER: Once there were millions of them prairies black with them. One herd covered three whole states, and when they moved they were like thunder.

SPOCK: And now they're gone. Is that what you mean?

CRATER: Like the creatures here. Once there were millions of them. Now there's one left. Nancy understood.

SPOCK: Always in the past tense.

KIRK: Where's your wife? Where is she now?

CRATER: Dead. Buried up on the hill. It killed her.

KIRK: When?

CRATER: Oh, a year, or was it two?

KIRK: Kirk to Enterprise.

SULU [OC]: Bridge to Captain. Sulu here.

KIRK: It's definite, Mister Sulu. The intruder can assume any shape. Crewmen, you, myself, anyone. Do you understand?

SULU [OC]: Affirmative, Captain.

KIRK: Go to GQ four.

SULU [OC]: General quarters four, Captain.

CRATER: The creature was trying to survive. It has that right, doesn't it?

KIRK: Kirk to transporter room. Three to beam up.

CRATER: They needed salt to stay alive. There was no more salt. It's the last one. The buffalo. There is no difference.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/6.htm

The Man Trap

Stardate: 1513.1

Original Airdate: Sep 8, 1966


Captain's log, continuing. The Enterprise has been invaded by a creature capable of assuming any form, and with the capacity to paralyse and draw the life from any one of us.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1631867/releaseinfo

IMDb


Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Release Info

USA 6 June 2014





http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/edge-of-tomorrow-quotes.html

MovieQuotesandMore.com


Edge of Tomorrow


Cage: What are you expecting from me?

Dr. Carter: Have you seen anything strange?

[looking at Rita]

Cage: Is he shitting me?

Rita: Visions.

Dr. Carter: Visions! Have you seen any visions like that?

[pointing to the 3D image of the Omega]

Dr. Carter: The Omega centers when it's losing control of its power, even now its mentally searching to find you.

Rita: When its close to finding you, you will start having visions. You'll start to see that.

[points to the 3D image of the Omega]

Dr. Carter: You'll even see where it is.

Cage: And you had these visions?

Rita: Yes.

Cage: But eventually you saw it, I mean, you actually saw it. Right?

[Rita hesitates a moment before replying]

Rita: Never in the flesh

Cage: So this is all just some...theory? You don't know if this thing even exists.

Rita: The visions showed me it was at Verdun, I could see it! I...I just lost the power before I could get to it.

Dr. Carter: And by the time we took Verdun, the Omega was gone.

Cage: Okay, so all I have to do is wait to have these visions, and then tell you where this Omega thing is?










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


COCHRANE: I didn't build this ship to usher in a new era for humanity. You think I wanna go to the stars? I don't even like to fly. I take trains. I built this ship so that I could retire










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


MCCOY: Nancy.

NANCY: Hello.

MCCOY: It's good to see you.

NANCY: Let me look at you.

MCCOY: You haven't aged a day. Oh, this is Captain Jim Kirk of the Enterprise.

KIRK: (seeing an older woman than McCoy does) Mrs. Crater. I've heard a great deal about you.

NANCY: All good, I hope.

MCCOY: And Crewman Darnell.

DARNELL: (seeing a young blonde) How do you do, ma'am?

KIRK: Something wrong, Darnell?

DARNELL: Excuse me sir but, ma'am, if I didn't know better I would swear you were someone I left behind on Wrigley's Pleasure Planet. It's funny, you're exactly like a girl that










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


[Cochrane's home]

KIRK: All the comforts of home indeed, Mister Cochrane. Where'd you get the antiques?

COCHRANE: You mean my instruments? I imagine things have changed a lot since I crashed.

KIRK: Not that much.

(Hands a piece over to Spock to examine.)










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


COCHRANE: I told you, I don't know what it is. It exists, it lives, and I can communicate with it.

MCCOY: That's a pretty far out story.

KIRK: Mister Cochrane, do you have a first name?

COCHRANE: Zefram.

KIRK: Zefram Cochrane of Alpha Centuri, the discoverer of the space warp?

COCHRANE: That's right, Captain.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


MCCOY: But that's impossible. Zefram Cochrane died a hundred and fifty years ago.

SPOCK: The name of Zefram Cochrane is revered throughout the known galaxy. Planets were named after him. Great universities, cities.

KIRK: Isn't your story a little improbable, Mister Cochrane?

COCHRANE: No, it's true. I was eighty seven years old when I came here.

KIRK: You say this Companion found you and rejuvenated you? What were you doing in space at the age of eighty seven?

COCHRANE: I was tired, Captain. I was going to die, and I wanted to die in space. That's all.

SPOCK: True, his body was never found.

COCHRANE: You're looking at it, Mister Spock.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


COCHRANE: No, it's true. I was eighty seven years old when I came here.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:56 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 18 July 2014 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/07/now-just-imagine-they-tried-doing-none.html


From 4/9/1986 ( --- ) To 6/5/1987 is 422 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/29/1966 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Shore Leave" ) is 422 days



From 9/19/1963 ( premiere US film "She Should Have Stayed in Bed" ) To 6/5/1987 is 8660 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) is 8660 days


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 July 2014 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


SPOCK: If so, you wear your age very well.

MCCOY: How do you feel?

NANCY: Terrible. How should I feel?

MCCOY: You're running a little temperature. Perhaps you should lie down.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


SPOCK: Captain. These instruments, they date from the time indicated. From your ship, Mister Cochrane?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, May 25, 2006 10:01:46 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 25, 2006, Supplemental


And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand?


Kerry Burgess wrote:


My step-brother, Micheal, died the night of November 25, 1986. He had just dropped me off at our parents house and was driving back to his place. A few miles away, his ran off the road and his truck spun around so violently, it threw him across the cab and he hit his head on the passenger door. I blamed myself about that for a long time. That was right before I went to Dam Neck and it was a very gloomy time for me. I remember thinking that if I had been in the truck at the time, his head wouldn't have hit the door because he would have been thrown into me.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 May 2006 excerpt ends]






























http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:USS_Constellation_(CVA-64)_fires_Terrier_missile_1963.jpg

WIKIMEDIA COMMONS


File:USS Constellation (CVA-64) fires Terrier missile 1963.jpg

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository

Description

The U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Constellation (CVA-64) fires a RIM-2 Terrier missile during exercises off Okinawa, Japan, in 1963.

Date 13 July 1963










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(CVN-65)


USS Enterprise (CVN-65)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Commissioned: 25 November 1961


USS Enterprise (CVN-65), formerly CVA(N)-65, is a retired United States Navy aircraft carrier. She was the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier


Design

Enterprise was meant to be the first of a class of six, but construction costs ballooned and the remaining vessels were never laid down. Because of the huge cost of her construction, Enterprise was launched and commissioned without the planned RIM-2 Terrier missile launchers.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


CRUSHER (OC): Then the missile complex must be the one where Zefram Cochrane is building his warp ship.

PICARD: That's what they came here to do. Stop First Contact.

RIKER: How much damage, Lieutenant?

HAWK: I can't tell. Long-range sensors are still off-line.

PICARD: We'll have to go down there. Find out what happened. Data, Beverly, you're with me. Have a security team meet us in transporter room three. Computer. Mid-twenty-first century civilian clothing.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


(Spock is demonstrating the device he has put on the table.)

SPOCK: Put this in the proximity of the Companion, throw this switch, and it will scramble every electrical impulse the creature can produce. It cannot fail.

KIRK: It troubles you, Cochrane?

COCHRANE: The Companion saved my life. It's taken care of me all these years. We've been very close in a way that's hard to explain. I suppose I even have an affection for it.

KIRK: It's also keeping you prisoner.

COCHRANE: I don't want it killed.

SPOCK: We may simply render it powerless.

COCHRANE: But you don't know. You could kill it. I won't stand for that.

KIRK: We're getting out of here, Cochrane. Face up to it. I'll do anything I have to to save all of our lives.

COCHRANE: I suppose from your point of view, you're right.

MCCOY: We understand how you feel, Mister Cochrane, but it has to be done.

COCHRANE: All right. You want me to contact it?

KIRK: Please. Outside.

COCHRANE: What was it they used to call it? The Judas goat?










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=revolution&episode=s02e21

Springfield! Springfield!


Revolution

Memorial Day


The floor is moving.
No, we have a rat room.
When I started with the rats, it was the same thing, lots of trial and error, lots of mistakes.
But now look at them, a system in agreement with itself.
They are content.
I did the same with the fireflies.
I want to do the same with you.
That is insane.
I'm sorry, but it's your species that's insane.





http://www.tv.com/shows/revolution-2012/memorial-day-3027783/

tv.com


Revolution Season 2 Episode 21

Memorial Day

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 14, 2014 on NBC

AIRED: 5/14/14





http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=revolution&episode=s02e21

Springfield! Springfield!


Revolution

Memorial Day


[Eerie music] Now I'm really angry.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/31.htm

Metamorphosis

Stardate: Unknown

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967


KIRK: You'll find I have a very low tolerance level where the safety of my people are concerned. We find you out here, where no human has any business being. We were virtually hijacked in space and brought here. Now I'm not just requesting an explanation, Mister. I'm demanding one.

COCHRANE: All right. It was the Companion.

KIRK: The what?

COCHRANE: That's what I call it. As a matter of fact, Captain, I didn't crash here. I was brought here in my disabled ship. I was almost dead. The Companion saved my life.

SPOCK: You were injured?

COCHRANE: I was dying, Mister Spock.

KIRK: You seem perfectly all right now. What was the matter?

COCHRANE: I was an old man.

KIRK: You were what?

COCHRANE: Well, I don't know how it did it, but the Companion rejuvenated me, made me young again










http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek/the-man-trap-24886/

tv.com


Star Trek Season 1 Episode 1


AIRED: 9/8/66










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact


RIKER: Doctor, tomorrow morning when they detect the warp signature from your ship and realise that humans have discovered how to travel faster than light, they decide to alter their course and make first contact with Earth, right here.

COCHRANE: Here?

LAFORGE: Sir, it's actually over there.

RIKER: It is one of the pivotal moments in human history, Doctor. You get to make first contact with an alien race, and after you do, everything begins to change.

LAFORGE: Your theories on warp drive allow fleets of starships to be built and mankind to start exploring the Galaxy.

TROI: It unites humanity in a way no one ever thought possible when they realise they're not alone in the universe. Poverty, disease, war. They'll all be gone within the next fifty years.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:07 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 26 December 2014