Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Revelation




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930438&sid=82571&sn=FXXPHD&st=201412302130&cn=618

excite tv


The Simpsons (Repeat)

618 FXXPHD: Tuesday, December 30 9:30 PM [ Tuesday 9:30 PM 30 December 2014 Pacific Time USA ]

Sitcom, Animated

That '90s Show

When Bart and Lisa unearth Marge's diploma from Springfield University, Marge reminisces about her college days, when she dated a pretentious professor and Homer became a grunge music star.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean

Original Air Date: Jan 27, 2008










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s19e11

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

That '90s Show


There is a part of our past that we haven't told you kids about.
A turbulent part.
Come on.
More turbulent than now ? We're in every kind of therapy.
Things happened between your mother and me that we're not proud of.
It was the middle of a wild decade known as the 1990s.
The '90s ? Never heard of it.
Oh, it was a wonderful time.
The Iraq war was over once and for all










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s19e11

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

That '90s Show


But Marge's education was worth all the pistol-whipping in the world.
This place is just like the brochure: Autumn leaves.
Bull sessions.
And that is why The Lord of the Rings can never be filmed.
Fraternity pledges in their beanies.
I think I'm gonna like it here.
So, have you all bought the required textbooks for this class ? Good.
Now throw them all away ! Everything you think you know about history is a lie.
For example: the Founding Fathers.
What did they have in common ? They defied a king ? They created a system of checks and balances ? Wrong ! They were all white, Protestant, property-owning males.
Evil Are you saying that America was founded on misconceptions ? Who said that ? That is exactly what I'm saying.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/06/08 8:13 PM
I think this is the episode where "Homer" observes that the outcome with "Marge's" professor might have been different if he had been nicer to her on the beach.



The Simpsons (Repeat)

13 KCPQ: Sunday, April 6 8:00 PM
Sitcom, Animated

That '90s Show
When Bart and Lisa unearth Marge's diploma from Springfield University, Marge reminisces about her college days, when she dated a pretentious professor and Homer became a grunge music star.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean

Original Air Date: Jan 27, 2008

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/06/08 8:26 PM
I wonder about the "Professor Moose" character and if that has something to do with me denying tenure to someone.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/06/08 8:30 PM
Some kind of thought flashed into my mind that someone was scoffing at me because I was so young to be a professor and that I went around too often without a shirt on.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/06/08 9:37 PM
Certain details in this episode made me think of Recombinant DNA the first time I saw the episode. It also made me think that I took the biological mother of one of my children for a flight in an F-16 Falcon that I piloted. The "Professor Moose" character makes me think of someone I denyed tenure to and also some details about how some of my colleaques found it difficult to believe that someone as young as I could become a professor at my very young age. There is also the element from later years of how I would go around too much without a shirt on, which did not seem appropriate for a person of my position.



The Simpsons (Repeat)

13 KCPQ: Sunday, April 6 8:00 PM
Sitcom, Animated

That '90s Show
When Bart and Lisa unearth Marge's diploma from Springfield University, Marge reminisces about her college days, when she dated a pretentious professor and Homer became a grunge music star.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean

Original Air Date: Jan 27, 2008

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/06/08 9:46 PM
I look at the career of my wife, actress Phoebe Cates, and think to myself how I directed her career as a study of an audience that has difficulty understanding the difference of fiction and reality. And of course, that is why, according to the movie, the "Linda Barrett" character went to live with her professor of Abnormal Psychology. Takes one to know one, so goes the saying.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 April 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s19e11

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

That '90s Show


I had finally realized every rock star's dream: hating being famous.
Why aren't I happy ? I'm the hottest grunge artist on Mucous Records.
Weird Al is doing a parody of my song.
Raisin bread with applesauce Tony Danza, he's the boss Brain freeze ! Brain freeze ! Brain freeze ! Brain freeze ! He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life.
Look at that lighthouse.
That's the ultimate expression of phallocentric technocracy, violating Mother Sky.
I thought they were just tall so boats could see them.
No, Marge.
Everything penis-shaped is bad.










From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 5/26/2006 is 5550 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/12/1981 ( premiere US TV series "Dynasty"::series premiere episode "Oil" ) is 5550 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) To 5/26/2006 is 5608 days

5608 = 2804 + 2804

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/7/1973 ( Richard Nixon informs Senate Committee that he will not appear to testify nor grant access to Presidential files ) is 2804 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 5/26/2006 is 5608 days

5608 = 2804 + 2804

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/7/1973 ( Richard Nixon informs Senate Committee that he will not appear to testify nor grant access to Presidential files ) is 2804 days



From 4/27/1956 ( premiere US film "Gojira" ) To 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 14815 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/26/2006 is 14815 days



From 1/10/1958 ( premiere US film "Outcasts of the City" ) To 8/3/1998 ( Tom Clancy "Rainbow Six" ) is 14815 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/26/2006 is 14815 days



From 5/29/1954 ( premiere US film "Glass Houses" ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 14815 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/26/2006 is 14815 days



From 11/10/1910 ( the first conviction in the United States based on fingerprint evidence ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 29630 days

29630 = 14815 + 14815

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/26/2006 is 14815 days



From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes my biological brother United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan the spacecraft and mission commander and me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut ) To 5/26/2006 is 3984 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/29/1976 ( premiere US TV movie "Francis Gary Powers: The True Story of the U-2 Spy Incident" ) is 3984 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 2/6/2004 ( my final day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official Chief Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the deputy director of the United States Marshals Service and the active duty United States Marine Corps brigadier general circa 2004 ) is 14815 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/26/2006 is 14815 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/07/extant.html ]


http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20060526&slug=webcia26

The Seattle Times


Friday, May 26, 2006

Senate approves Hayden to be next CIA director

By Katherine Shrader

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON – After hearing assurances he will be independent of the Pentagon, the Senate on today easily confirmed Gen. Michael Hayden, a career Air Force man, to head the CIA.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/that-90s-show-1147244/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 19 Episode 11

That '90s Show

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 27, 2008 on FOX

Quotes


(Marge enters Professor Stephan's library.)

Marge: Have you really read all these books?

Professor Stephan: Morally I couldn't display them on my shelves if I hadn't. But I watch sports as well, just like a regular man.

(Professor Stephan turns out the TV to a football game.)

Professor Stephan: Good goddess! The Patriots are deep in Redskin territory. This isn't entertainment, it's genocide! (Sobs)










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=3893

The American Presidency Project

Richard Nixon

XXXVII President of the United States: 1969 - 1974

197 - Letter Responding to the Senate Select Committee on Presidential Campaign Activities Request for Presidential Testimony and Access to Presidential Papers

July 7, 1973

Dear Mr. Chairman:

I am advised that members of the Senate Select Committee have raised the desirability of my testifying before the Committee. I am further advised that the Committee has requested access to Presidential papers prepared or received by former members of my staff.

In this letter I shall state the reasons why I shall not testify before the Committee or permit access to Presidential papers.

I want to strongly emphasize that my decision, in both cases, is based on my Constitutional obligation to preserve intact the powers and prerogatives of the Presidency and not upon any desire to withhold information relevant to your inquiry.

My staff is under instructions to cooperate fully with yours in furnishing information pertinent to your inquiry. On 22 May 1973, I directed that the right of executive privilege, "as to any testimony concerning possible criminal conduct or discussions of possible criminal conduct, in the matters presently under investigation," no longer be invoked for present or former members of the White House staff. In the case of my former Counsel, I waived in addition the attorney-client privilege.

These acts of cooperation with the Committee have been genuine, extensive and, in the history of such matters, extraordinary.

The pending requests, however, would move us from proper Presidential cooperation with a Senate Committee to jeopardizing the fundamental Constitutional role of the Presidency.

This I must and shall resist.

No President could function if the private papers of his office, prepared by his personal staff, were open to public scrutiny. Formulation of sound public policy requires that the President and his personal staff be able to communicate among themselves in complete candor, and that their tentative judgments, their exploration of alternatives, and their frank comments on issues and personalities at home and abroad remain confidential. I recognize that in your investigation as in others of previous years, arguments can be and have been made for the identification and perusal by the President or his Counsel of selected documents for possible release to the Committees or their staffs. But such a course, I have concluded, would inevitably result in the attrition, and the eventual destruction, of the indispensable principle of confidentiality of Presidential papers.

The question of testimony by members of the White House staff presents a difficult but different problem. While notes and papers often involve a wide-ranging variety and intermingling of confidential matters, testimony can, at least, be limited to matters within the scope of the investigation. For this reason, and because of the special nature of this particular investigation, I have agreed to permit the unrestricted testimony of present and former White House staff members before your Committee.

The question of my own testimony, however, is another matter. I have concluded that if I were to testify before the Committee irreparable damage would be done to the Constitutional principle of separation of powers. My position in this regard is supported by ample precedents with which you are familiar and which need not be recited here. It is appropriate, however, to refer to one particular occasion on which this issue was raised.

In 1953 a Committee of the House of Representatives sought to subpoena former President Truman to inquire about matters of which he had personal knowledge while he had served as President. As you may recall, President Truman declined to comply with the subpoena on the ground that the separation of powers forbade his appearance. This position was not challenged by the Congress.

It is difficult to improve upon President Truman's discussion of this matter. Therefore, I request that his letter, which is enclosed for the Committee's convenience, be made part of the Committee's record.

The Constitutional doctrine of separation of powers is fundamental to our structure of government. In my view, as in the view of previous Presidents, its preservation is vital. In this respect, the duty of every President to protect and defend the Constitutional rights and powers of his Office is an obligation that runs directly to the people of this country.

The White House staff will continue to cooperate fully with the Committee in furnishing information relevant to its investigation except in those instances where I determine that meeting the Committee's demands would violate my Constitutional responsibility to defend the office of the Presidency against encroachment by other Branches.

At an appropriate time during your hearings, I intend to address publicly the subjects you are considering. In the meantime, in the context of Senate Resolution 60, I consider it my Constitutional responsibility to decline to appear personally under any circumstances before your Committee or to grant access to Presidential files.

I respect the responsibilities placed upon you and your colleagues by Senate Resolution 60. I believe you and your Committee colleagues equally respect the responsibility placed upon me to protect the rights and powers of the Presidency under the Constitution.

Sincerely,

RICHARD NIXON










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s19e11

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

That '90s Show


Are you saying that America was founded on misconceptions ? Who said that ? That is exactly what I'm saying.
Fall semester, you just got interesting.
The bridges of Madison county.
This book sucks so much.
Homie, my mind has been opened in so many ways ! Did you know that every US president has been a straight white man ? Even Walt Disney ? And did you also know that history is written by the winners ? Really ? I thought it was written by losers.
If you think that, you should meet my new professor.
Professor August has shown me a side of the world I never knew.
Professor August, eh ? Who is he, somegray-haired old bookworm ? Uh, not exactly.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s19e11

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

That '90s Show


" Anyway, I was growing to admire my professor more and more.
so that's why instead of "X-X", I think of the female genes in a more positive light Plus-Plus.
Professor, do you think white male scientists have marginalized the contributions of the Third World ? Great question.
And the answer is "of course.










http://www.azlyrics.com/k/killers.html

AZ

THE KILLERS

album: "Hot Fuss" (2004)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/killers/allthesethingsthativedone.html


THE KILLERS


"All These Things That I've Done"

When there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
One more son
If you can hold on
If you can hold on, hold on
I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't
I wanna shine on in the hearts of men
I wanna mean it from the back of my broken hand

Another head aches, another heart breaks
I am so much older than I can take
And my affection, well it comes and goes
I need direction to perfection, no no no no

Help me out
Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the back burner
You know you got to help me out

And when there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
These changes ain't changing me
The gold-hearted boy I used to be

Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the back burner
You know you got to help me out
You're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down

[x10]
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the back burner
You know you got to help me out
You're gonna bring yourself down
You're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the back burner
You're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down

Over and in, last call for sin
While everyone's lost, the battle is won
With all these things that I've done
All these things that I've done
If you can hold on
If you can hold on










http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP020382010002&s=201412302300&sid=88545&sn=HSTRYHP&st=201412302100&cn=671

excite tv


Revelation: The End of Days (Repeat)

671 HSTRYHP: Tuesday, December 30 9:00 PM [ Tuesday 11 PM 30 December 2014 Pacific Time USA ]

Drama, Religious

Trumpets Sound

A Pennsylvania cop searches for hundreds of thousands of children that vanish mysteriously in a storm-ravaged America; Two scientists rush to stop a deadly pandemic that threatens to decimate the world.

Director(s): Julian Hobbs

Original Air Date: Dec 29, 2014

Future Airings:


HSTRYHP Tuesday, December 30 11:03 PM Trumpets Sound
HSTRYHP Wednesday, December 31 12:01 AM Trumpets Sound
HSTRYHP Wednesday, December 31 1:01 AM Road to Babylon



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:08 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 30 December 2014