Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Maybe that's where the strippers are supposed to meet.




I deliberately turned to capture that image that day. Image DSC06545 is from my Sony Cybershot digital camera. I bought it originally to document the garbage problem seriously plaguing my last apartment back in the Seattle suburbs.

On the day I captured that image I captured that image by manually pressing the shutter button. That Sony Cybershot camera has a continuous-image mode but I don't use it after discovering it did not write the date-stamp on the image. So just about all images I capture with that camera are manual shutter button clicks.

That day I captured an earlier image and then the deliberate thought crossed my mind to turn and point the camera in the direction that was the only possible direction to capture such an improbable shot. I deliberately pressed the button to capture that image and then I looked at it when I got back home having not seen it on the camera display. Well, I saw it but I didn't study it before it disappeared from the display and all I knew was that traffic obscured the image. There is also no other structure around there that could cause such an image. Do you have any possible idea of the tremendous precision required to capture that image?

Somehow there is a reason for this. The magic just works sometimes. I am not here to impress you all. Otherwise I would be living in a mansion right now, driving an expensive car without a care in the world spewing out mile after mile after mile planet-atmosphere-killing-poisons out the tailpipe.

Still something else I can't figure out that bugs me about my so-called time-traveler effect and about how what I write here affects it. Maybe this is just how it feels to win at something I am supposed to be losing at.



































DSC06545.JPG










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie


FERRETTI
You know, I can't believe we're stuck here.

FREEMAN
Don't be such a doomsayer, Ferretti.

REILLY
Yeah, give it a rest.

BROWN
Yes, please. If we're not back soon, they'll just turn on the 'gate from the other side.

FERRETTI
Oh, no. It doesn't work that way. You see, if you don't turn it on from here, we're screwed. So I'm telling you guys, we're not going anywhere!

REILLY
Shut up.





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_The_Movie_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


Stargate: The Movie


REILLY
I don't understand. Why don't we just...turn the 'gate back on ourselves?

PORRO
Yeah, how hard can it be?

FERRETTI
(sarcastically)
That would be great! Yet we could turn the thing in the wrong order and...materialize in the...vacuum of outer space. Do you have any idea how many possible combinations there are on that thing?

FREEMAN
(sarcastically)
No. How many?

FERRETTI
Shut up.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 9:49 AM
How I managed to shoot down those two enemy fighters is beyond me. I imagine or remember that I left a wake on the ocean surface I came so close to it before I recovered control after the initial missile volley they sent at us. They got off another volley but none of those detonated around me.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/17/07 11:02 AM
It must have been something similar to when I saved those people from being run over by that speeding car a few years back. That must have been 2002. I was a volunteer at the Danskin triathlon. I puzzled over that for a long time. I just couldn't put my finger on something about that. My mind had been blank but yet I acted with such split-second decisiveness to keep them from getting splattered by that car.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 March 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099938/quotes

IMDb


Kindergarten Cop (1990)

Quotes


Cullen Crisp: Kimble, you've wasted years chasing after me, and what has it got you? Huh? Nothing! I'll be out of here in a week, and you'll still be eating takeout food in that dump you live in. Yeah! I know all about you, Kimble. Without me, you wouldn't even have a life. My old lady left because of the money. Yours left because she just couldn't stand the sight of you.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078346/quotes

IMDb


Superman (1978)

Quotes


Jonathan Kent: Been showing off a bit, haven't you, son?

Young Clark Kent: [going over to Jonathan] Um... I didn't mean to show off, Pop. It's just that, guys like that Brad, I just want to tear him apart.

Jonathan Kent: Yeah, I know, I know.

Young Clark Kent: And I know I shouldn't...

Jonathan Kent: Yeah, I know, you can do all these amazing things and sometimes you feel like you will just go bust unless you can tell people about them.

Young Clark Kent: Yeah. I mean every time I kick the football I can make a touchdown. Every time! I mean, is it showing off if somebody's doing the things he's capable of doing? Is a bird showing off when it flies?

Jonathan Kent: No, no. Now, you listen to me. When you first came to us, we thought people would come and take you away because, when they found out, you know, the things you could do... and that worried us a lot. But then a man gets older, and he starts thinking differently and things get very clear. And one thing I do know, son, and that is you are here for a *reason*. I don't know whose reason, or whatever the reason is... Maybe it's because... uh... I don't know. But I do know one thing. It's *not* to score touchdowns. Huh?



































121514_a_svwl_wbsny_ (2168).jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:18 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 30 December 2014