Sunday, September 27, 2015

Lords of Kobol




http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=battlestar-galactica&episode=s04e20

Springfield! Springfield!


Battlestar Galatica

Daybreak (2) (131 min)


What, so it's, um, Kara Thrace, the fearless warrior, right? Dum dum dum dah! No, I-I know- I know fear.



































10800_DSC00862.JPG



































10800_DSC00864.JPG



































10800_DSC00865.JPG



































10800_DSC00866.JPG



































10800_DSC00867.JPG



































10800_DSC00868.JPG










http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2008/dec/10/winter-storm-warning-issued/

The Spokesman-Review


December 10, 2008 in News

Winter storm warning issued

Mike Prager The Spokesman-Review

A winter storm watch was issued today by the National Weather Service for snow, wind and arctic cold coming to the Inland Northwest over a three-day period starting on Friday. As the storm subsides and arctic cold takes over, low temperatures could plunge to minus-17 degrees by dawn on Wednesday in Spokane and elsewhere in the region. Wintry conditions are expected to pesist through Dec. 20.

“Wind, snow, cold are coming,” John Livingston, meteorologist in charge of the Spokane bureau of the Weather Service.

The seasonal weather that is expected on Thursday and Friday morning won’t last long. A developing low off the coast of Alaska was already starting its predicted migration southward on Wednesday, and was expected to continue pushing southward while intensifying on Thursday.

The storm could start as rain in the Spokane and Coeur d’Alene regions during the day Friday and then turn to snow after nightfall.

Snow will begin developing Friday morning along the Canadian border and move its way southward with heavy snow possible late Friday and into Saturday, the weather service said.

Forecasters said 8 inches is likely in Spokane. Up to foot of snow is expected in Coeur d’Alene, Colville and Pullman. Wallace could see 19 inches; the Columbia Basin lower amounts. But mountain areas might get even more. Wind gusts of 30 to 40 mph may accompany the precipitation.

A second snowy low on Sunday will be accompaned by a blast of arctic air that was moving southward from Alaska on Wednesday. It could bring the lowest temperatures the Inland Northwest has had in nearly four years.

“We could see teens to 20 below in some outlying areas,” said forecaster Jon Fox.

Forecasters are unsure where the majority of snow will hit, but predictions are up to 30 inches in the nearby mountain areas and possibly 12 inches in lower elevations of the Inland Northwest.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/09/08 10:09 PM
That's what it was. I was a helicopter pilot and an E-2C Hawkeye pilot and co-pilot before I became qualified on 5/1/1967 to fly jet aircraft.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 December 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/10/08 7:40 AM
Minerva.
Minerva.
Minerva.
Minerva.
Minerva.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 December 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/11/08 3:11 AM
Just before I awoke, I was dreaming of standing on the bridge of a U.S. Navy Los Angeles-class attack submarine. I cannot remember any details that identified which one. I guess it could have been the lead boat itself and that is why I remember the detail about Los Angeles. So I was on the bridge of the submarine, which was not entirely realistic now that I think about it although I could have been somewhere in the top of the sail structure but even that does not seem correct. So anyway, the boat was adrift for some reason and I was the only standing there in the bridge or control room or where ever it was I found myself after I seemed to walk into that area for some reason that I do not remember from the dream. I called for the commanding officer to return to that control room and I think he did but those details are too vague now to remember. At some point, I left that submarine and I crossed over to what seemed to be ballistic missile submarine and I was trying to find my way to the brow so I could return to the pier but I was having trouble finding my way around because sailors were painting the decks in the area where I jumped onto the ballistic missile submarine and it seems from the dream that I simply jumped over on the deck as the other submarine passed by. I was wearing the khaki working uniform of a U.S. Navy officer and I remember during the dream that I saw my reflection in a mirror on a bulkhead. As I was walking around that ballistic missile submarine I finally found an area that was being prepped for painting but did not have any wet paint on it so I made my way through there and that seemed to be the point where I was going to find my way to the brow and then to the pier but I don't remember that part from the dream. The last part of the dream was something about one of the sailors that was painting the deck was complaining about me walking across the deck and I am left with some uncertainty about whether I reprimanded that sailor for talking that way to an officer or whether I walked on and let it slide. I think I did, or was intending to, reprimanding him verbally for his comments to an officer.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 December 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/80121/Hemingway_-_A_Farewell_to_Arms.html

Book: A Farewell to Arms

Ernest Hemingway


4

The battery in the next garden woke me in the morning and I saw the sun coming through the window and got out of the bed. I went to the window and looked out. The gravel paths were moist and the grass was wet with dew. The battery fired twice and the air came each time like a blow and shook the window and made the front of my pajamas flap. I could not see the guns but they were evidently firing directly over us. It was a nuisance to have them there but it was a comfort that they were no bigger. As I looked out at the garden I heard a motor truck starting on the road. I dressed, went downstairs, had some coffee in the kitchen and went out to the garage.

Ten cars were lined up side by side under the long shed. They were top-heavy, blunt-nosed ambulances, painted gray and built like moving-vans. The mechanics were working on one out in the yard. Three others were up in the mountains at dressing stations.

“Do they ever shell that battery?” Tasked one of the mechanics.

“No, Signor Tenente. It is protected by the little hill.”

“How’s everything?”

“Not so bad. This machine is no good but the others march.” He stopped working and smiled. “Were you on permission?”

“Yes.”

He wiped his hands on his jumper and grinned. “You have a good time?” The others all grinned too.

“Fine,” I said. “What’s the matter with this machine?”

“It’s no good. One thing after another.”

“What’s the matter now?”

“New rings.”

I left them working, the car looking disgraced and empty with the engine open and parts spread on the work bench, and went in under the shed and looked at each of the cars. They were moderately clean, a few freshly washed, the others dusty. I looked at the tires carefully, looking for cuts or stone bruises. Everything seemed in good condition. It evidently made no difference whether I was there to look after things or not. I had imagined that the condition of the cars, whether or not things were obtainable, the smooth functioning of the business of removing wounded and sick from the dressing stations, hauling them back from the mountains to the clearing station and then distributing them to the hospitals named on their papers, depended to a considerable extent on myself. Evidently it did not matter whether I was there or not.

“Has there been any trouble getting parts?” I asked the sergeant mechanic.

“No, Signor Tenente.”

“Where is the gasoline park now?”

“At the same place.”

“Good,” I said and went back to the house and drank another bowl of coffee at the mess table. The coffee was a pale gray and sweet with condensed milk. Outside the window it was a lovely spring morning. There was that beginning of a feeling of dryness in the nose that meant the day would be hot later on. That day I visited the posts in the mountains and was back in town late in the afternoon.

The whole thing seemed to run better while I was away. The offensive was going to start again I heard. The division for which we worked were to attack at a place up the river and the major told me that I would see about the posts for during the attack. The attack would cross the river up above the narrow gorge and spread up the hillside. The posts for the cars would have to be as near the river as they could get and keep covered. They would, of course, be selected by the infantry but we were supposed to work it out. It was one of those things that gave you a false feeling of soldiering.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:18 AM Thursday, September 29, 2011 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2011/09/star-constellations.html


After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving in a long procession of army-type vehicles. They all seemed to be from World War 2. I noted the color pattern of one of the vehicles but I cannot think of any comment to make about it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 September 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=battlestar-galactica&episode=s04e20

Springfield! Springfield!


Battlestar Galatica

Daybreak (2) (131 min)


Family angst syndrome, I love it.
Come on, boys.
Let's open up some old wounds.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:48 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 27 September 2015