Wednesday, September 16, 2015

#AwwwThat'sSoSweet




The television news tonight showed that Twitter recorded 202 thousand ReTweets of Barack Obama's lameoid Tweet.

202 thousand lame-oid's.

Lame-oid's love lame-oid's.

Reminds me how this country is full of people just looking for an excuse to feel outraged about nothing.

Everybody wants to be a victim.

Stupid Sheep-ican's.

United Sheep of America.










http://apnews.excite.com/article/20150916/us--texas-muslim_student-clock-897b27d016.html

excite tv


Outcry after Muslim teen is detained over homemade clock

Sep 16, 7:57 PM (ET) [ Wednesday 16 September 2015 ]

By DAVID WARREN and JAMIE STENGLE

IRVING, Texas (AP) — A 14-year-old Muslim boy became a sensation on social media Wednesday and got an invitation to the White House after word spread that he had been placed in handcuffs and suspended for coming to class with a homemade clock that school officials thought resembled a bomb.

Police declined to seek any charges against Ahmed Mohamed, but his arrest and suspension ignited a wave of criticism of police and the school and raised suspicions that they had overreacted because of the boy's religion.

"I built the clock to impress my teacher, but when I showed it to her, she thought it was a threat to her. So it was really sad she took the wrong impression of it," Ahmed said at a news conference in front of his family's home.

Ahmed was pulled from class Monday and taken to a detention center after showing the digital clock to teachers at his suburban Dallas high school.

Irving Police Chief Larry Boyd said the clock looked "suspicious in nature," but there was no evidence the boy meant to cause alarm at school. Boyd considers the case closed.

Ahmed said he plans to transfer out of MacArthur High School.

Asked what he would say to other kids who like tinkering, he replied: "Go for it! Don't let people change who you are, even if you get a consequence for it. I suggest you still show it to people, at least show them your talent."

In a matter of hours, the clock made Ahmed a star on social media, with the hashtag #IStandWithAhmed tweeted more than 1 million times by Wednesday evening.

Linda Moreno, an attorney representing Ahmed, said the family is considering taking legal action against police after officers interrogated, handcuffed, searched, booked and fingerprinted the teen. She would not give details on questions he was asked by police.

Groups including the American Civil Liberties Union condemned what they called the school's heavy-handed tactics.

"Instead of encouraging his curiosity, intellect and ability, the Irving (school district) saw fit to throw handcuffs on a frightened 14-year-old Muslim boy wearing a NASA T-shirt and then remove him from school," Terri Burke, executive director of the ACLU in Texas, said in a statement.

Among those messaging their support on social media were President Barack Obama, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.

In a tweet, Obama called Ahmed's clock "cool" and said more kids should be inspired like him to enjoy science, because "it's what makes America great."

Asked if bias was involved, White House press secretary










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: dated 2006


I also wonder who Chad Trammel is supposed to represent. I thought of him again when I was opening to Lethal Weapon 2 and Riggs was jamming down the gas pedal. I did that in Chad's car back in 9th or 10th grade. I had some kind of speaker out the window, I was trying to make some kind of Mr. Microphone sort of device. I remember we recorded it all on tape. Trammel, when I saw him in '94 at our 10 year reunion, was a lawyer in the Air Force. He was telling me something about standing near B-52s at Barkesly I think it was, and the thought comes to mind, although I'm not sure from where, that he was saying something about kicking the tires. Back in '94, when I told him I was repairing ATM machines, he asked me if I ever thought about doing something else, as though he expected me to be doing more.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Chad Trammell

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:37 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: When I drove that slow you know it's hard to steer


And as I recall, it was right before we started 10th grade year.


I remember saying, "No, and if there is, they'll get out of the way."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 October 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie7.html

Star Trek Generations (1994)


DATA: Mister Tricorder! Ha, ha, ha.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


EDITH: Why does Spock call you Captain? Were you in the war together?

KIRK: We served together.

EDITH: And you don't want to talk about it? Why? Did you do something wrong?










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


KIRK: Time we faced the unpleasant facts.

SPOCK: First, I believe we have about a week before McCoy arrives, but we can't be certain.

KIRK: Arrives where? Honolulu, Boise, San Diego? Why not Outer Mongolia, for that matter?

SPOCK: There is a theory. There could be some logic to the belief that time is fluid, like a river, with currents, eddies, backwash.

KIRK: And the same currents that swept McCoy to a certain time and place might sweep us there, too.

SPOCK: Unless that is true, Captain, we have no hope.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


SPOCK: Frustrating. Locked in here is the place and moment of his arrival, even the images of what he did. If only I could tie this tricorder in with the ship's computers for just a few moments.

KIRK: Couldn't you build some form of computer aid here?

SPOCK: In this zinc-plated vacuum-tubed culture?

KIRK: Yes, well, it would pose an extremely complex problem in logic, Mister Spock. Excuse me. I sometimes expect too much of you.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


KIRK: How are the stone knives and bearskins?

SPOCK: I may have found our focal point in time.

KIRK: You may also find you have a connection burning someplace.

SPOCK: Yes. I'm overloading those lines. I believe we'll have our answer on this screen.

KIRK: Good.

SPOCK: And, Captain, you may find this a bit distressing.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


KIRK: The President and Edith Keeler.










From 9/8/1966 ( premiere US TV series "Star Trek" ) To 4/14/2011 ( Lesa Jewell Withem reported deceased ) is 16289 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/8/2010 is 16289 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/04/boston-marathon-microsoft-steve-ballmer.html ]


http://www.nsf.gov/news/newsletter/jul_10/index.jsp


National Science Foundation [ RETRIEVED 04 FEBRUARY 2013 ]


Change of Leadership at NSF


Barack Obama announced his intent to nominate Subra Suresh, dean of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's School of Engineering, as NSF's next director. Suresh's nomination was sent to the Senate on June 8, 2010.










From 4/6/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The City on the Edge of Forever" ) To 4/14/2011 ( Lesa Jewell Withem reported deceased ) is 16079 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official nited States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/10/2009 is 16079 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/07/aegis.html ]


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=86870


Barack Obama


901 - Remarks at a Memorial Service at Fort Hood, Texas

November 10, 2009


To the Fort Hood community; to Admiral Mullen, General Casey, General Cone, Secretary McHugh, Secretary Gates; most importantly, to family, friends, and members of our Armed Forces: We come together filled with sorrow for the 13 Americans that we have lost, with gratitude for the lives that they led, and with a determination to honor them through the work we carry on.

This is a time of war, yet these Americans did not die on a foreign field of battle. They were killed here, on American soil



http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2010243615_apusobamaforthoodshooter.html


The Seattle Times


Originally published Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Obama blames 'twisted logic' for Fort Hood killing


The Associated Press

FORT HOOD, Texas —

President Barack Obama is blaming "twisted logic" for the killing of 13 men and women at Fort Hood, and says there is no faith that justifies acts he describes as "murderous and craven."

Obama spoke Tuesday at a memorial service for the fallen.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:33 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 11 July 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/07/constitution-avenue.html


So I wasn't dating Lesa but I had known her since I moved to Ashdown and we had some classes together and I talked to her often. The way I remember it now we went to the prom together because Tammie Hood asked me who I was going to ask to the prom, her precise words I do not now recall. I am also vague on whether she is the person who I am thinking of because she and I talked probably the most our 11th grade year. I recall she and I had every class together and I thought of her later as somebody the closest to a best friend I had that year.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 July 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


MCCOY: The most common question to ask would be, where am I? I don't think I'll ask it.

EDITH: Why not?

MCCOY: The only possible answer would conclusively prove that I'm either unconscious or demented. This looks like old Earth around 1920 or 25.

EDITH: Would you care to try for 30?

MCCOY: I am unconscious, or demented.

EDITH: I have a friend that talks about Earth the same way that you do. Would you like to meet him?

MCCOY: I'm a surgeon, not a psychiatrist.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:45 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 16 September 2015