Tuesday, January 26, 2016

That was the point.




The point from De Queen to the other lake in when what seemed to be endless hours during summer of travel in Thedia's car.

I can still visualize the photographs of me from then that Thedia must have stored away somewhere.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 6, 2006


I was reading parts of the wiki article about the "Dallas" tv series and I remembered this series. I remember liking watching it but I don't remember any of the episodes, except one that I think was the first episode where the woman was floating him in the water to try to get his gills to work or something as he was unconscious. The "Aqua Man" character was a favorite of mine especially when mom took us swimming in the summers to Lake Greeson and Dierks Lake. I guess these memories represent something else, some kind of training for becoming a SEAL perhaps.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 August 2006 excerpt ends]













https://www.google.com/maps/@34.2365369,-93.7567838,3a,75y,140.61h,80.46t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sSHjZFtGmaIEzuif1Oa4upQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DSHjZFtGmaIEzuif1Oa4upQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D10.926987%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


US-70

Kirby, Arkansas










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/27/06 11:26 AM
That checkerboard pattern reminds me of a toy miniature airplane I had as a kid. I was swimming in Lake Greeson one day and playing with it but lost it somewhere in the water. I looked all over for it but could never find it and was really disappointed to lose it. I have also wondered many times, even as recently as yesterday, about Lake Greeson. There must be something there but I can't figure out what it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Greeson

Lake Greeson Is a lake 6 miles out of Murfreesboro, Arkansas formed from the Little Missouri River that is famous for its scenery and recreation, in fact it has 15 parks which you can go camping, fishing, boating, biking, and swimming.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 December 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 2006


I guess it's very possible I was piloting one of the transports or the helos into Iran in 1980. If I flew an F-16 all the way to Baghdad carrying a couple -84s at 100 feet off the ground, then dodged anti-aircraft, I assume very heavy fire judging from my memory from the Wainwright, and then hitting the target, I must have been a pretty good pilot. And I was remembering something Randy Romine said about 100 feet. We were going to go scuba diving in De Queen lake and I asked him how deep we were going. And I remember thinking about, this seems weird, that the lake was deeper than that. What was the point, was something I remember thinking. These questions represent something much different, but I can't figure out what it is.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:43 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 26 January 2016