Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Wallflowers




This has a certain meaning in the context of what I used to write about as my "artificial and symbolic memory".

I guess that term is still accurate in the context of my original meaning. I must have used it hundreds, maybe thousands of times in my journals.

As for this particular reference, I don't find anything in my notes specifically about that group. I also do not find the specific memory I still have from the early 1990s that makes me wonder about it again.

I know I've heard them on the radio many times before, back before several years ago when I stopped listening to live radio broadcasts. They make me so damn angry.

Anyway, just makes me wonder. I still can visualize myself sitting in the ATM room of a First Federal bank branch in Greenville South Carolina and I remember specific dialog from me.










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wallflowers


The Wallflowers

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Wallflowers is an American rock band formed in Los Angeles


1991–1994: Debut album

The Apples changed their name to the Wallflowers and began playing clubs around Los Angeles while sending their demo tape to record companies and figures within the music industry. One of those tapes caught the attention of Andrew Slater, who would eventually become the Wallflowers' manager. Slater brought the Wallflowers to Virgin Records, who signed the band to a record contract. The Wallflowers then set out to make their first album. However, finding a producer who was willing to work with them proved to be difficult.










http://www.azlyrics.com/w/wallflowers.html

AZ

THE WALLFLOWERS

album: "The Wallflowers" (1992)


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/wallflowers/shyofthemoon.html

AZ

THE WALLFLOWERS

"Shy Of The Moon"

Pretty little girl on the side of the road
Yellow hair in a yellow bow
Little thumb sticking in the exit lane
Two packs of smokes and a candy cane
With women hips and baby lips
A Hallelujah book in the back of a pillow-slip.
If she gets out of here too soon
She'll run fast by the shy of the moon.

If she's been havin' the same old dreams,
Of lullabies and pale blue skies
Fallen asleep beneath the stars,
Orion aims and shoots his arrows oh so far
Aims 'em hard,
He shoots the moon and takes her as his own reward.
If she's gonna see those stars too soon
She'll run fast by the shy of the moon.

If she found out so long ago
That she wants more than all she knows
The river ends right as she goes,
Water breaks and she's gone down in the undertow,
She's below,
But I'll stand tall and hold up high my mistletoe.
She's gonna shine just like brand new,
She'll take my hand and we'll run by the shy of the moon.










http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/CABF12.txt

New Kids on the Blecch [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate on FOX: 25-Feb-2001


% One of Smash's superior officers jolts him back to reality.

Admiral: Lieutenant! Lt. Smash!

Smash: Oh, Admiral.

Admiral: That hippie fantasy again?

Smash: They're getting less frequent, sir.

Admiral: Excellent.










http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP022504080006&s=201601122200&sid=65626&sn=SYFYHDP&st=201601122200&cn=676

excite tv


The Expanse (New)

676 SYFYHDP: Tuesday, January 12 10:00 PM [ 10:00 PM Tuesday 12 January 2016 Pacific Time USA ]

Drama, Science fiction, Fantasy, Adventure

Rock Bottom

Miller finds revealing information on a hidden data cube; Holden and crew are surprised by their hosts' hidden agenda.

Cast: Thomas Jane, Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham, Florence Faivre Executive Producer(s): Andrew A. Kosove, Broderick Johnson, Hawk Ostby, Jason Brown, Sean Daniel, Sharon Hall

Original Air Date: Jan 12, 2016



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:10 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 12 January 2016