Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)




http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4195

The American Presidency Project

Richard Nixon

XXXVII President of the United States: 1969 - 1974

128 - Remarks Opening Expo '74, Spokane, Washington.

May 4, 1974


And now in the presence of the representative from the Soviet Union--as he knows, I will soon be having another round of talks with Mr. Brezhnev and his colleagues in Moscow. We will not agree on all things, we will have sharp debates, but let me tell you this: Whether it is with him or whether it is with leaders of other countries they are allied with or neutral countries in the world, there is no disagreement with regard to the need for all nations to cooperate, share their knowledge and their brains in cleaning up the environment of the world. We are not just talking about the environment of Spokane or the State of Washington or of the United States but of this whole globe on which we live. And that is a great enterprise that Expo '74 will be remembered for in the years ahead.

Because, as we look at where the great ideas, the great breakthroughs come which deal with the scourges which have afflicted mankind from the beginning of civilization, we find that no one can predict that it will come from one nation or from one continent or from one race, because that spark of genius might be in the Americas, it might be in Asia, it might be in Latin America, it might be in Africa. What we have to realize is that among the 3 billion people that live on this Earth, there are those men and women who have within themselves that genius that will find new answers that will help us to get the clean air and the clean water and all the other things that we want to have a clean environment.

And going further than that, in that whole world we must recognize that that spark of genius that will find the answer to the diseases that plague mankind, it may not be here in America, it may be in some other country. But the important thing for us to remember in this period when we have ended America's longest war and when we are moving through a generation and longer of peace, let us see that not just America but all nations, whatever their differences in philosophy, work together to clean up the environment, work together in the causes of peace, and in that way, we will make the progress that we want to make by the year 2000 which the whole human race can enjoy.

No national pride should be taken in the fact that one nation or another finds the answer to what may cure cancer in its various aspects, what may deal with some aspects of heart disease and many of the others that afflict mankind.

No one nation can take any jingoistic pride in the fact that one of its scientists or one of its technicians found an answer to the problem of a cleaner environment.

What we must do is to recognize that it is together, working together, thinking together, that we will find answers that we would never find if we were not talking to each other, negotiating with each other. And that is why I say to you, my friends gathered here on this magnificent day in the State of Washington, in the city of Spokane, you are dedicated to a great goal, celebrating a new and fresh environment for tomorrow. What will that tomorrow be, and for all those who are young and who will be here to celebrate that new year 25, 26 years from now?

I will tell you what I think it can be, and this is a beginning: It can be a time when the whole world can look back on progress in conquering the scourges of disease that have afflicted all people wherever they may live. We can look back on a period when the whole world enjoyed the benefits of what our scientists and engineers were able to find out in terms of making our air and our water cleaner and better for everybody.

But most important, let us hope and let us pray on this day that we can look back and say that over that 25 years, the peoples of the world, despite their differences in philosophy, lived together in peace. Let this be a day in which we concentrate, and consecrate as well, not only our efforts in America but also working with peoples in other nations toward the goal of a fresh, new environment in terms of peace for all mankind so that we can enjoy the magnificent environment that you see around us here today.

Thank you.

MARVIN MILLER (master of ceremonies). Ladies and gentlemen, as the fair officially opens, we invite you to celebrate with us "Tomorrow's Fresh, New Environment."

Mr. President, will you say the magic words.

THE PRESIDENT. At I e noon on this day, acting in my capacity as President of the United States, it is my high honor and privilege to declare Expo '74 officially open to all the citizens of the world.

Note: The President spoke at 11:46 a.m. at the Washington State Pavilion.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


Captain's log, April 5th 2063. The voyage of the Phoenix was a success, ...again. The alien ship detected the warp signature and is on its way to rendezvous with history.

[Montana settlement]

(the T'plana-Hath lands and the Vulcans begin to emerge)

COCHRANE: [ My God! ] They're really from another world.

RIKER: And they're going to want to meet the man who flew that warp ship.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2006 12:39 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Masturbation journal 3/1/06

As you unwelcome people know, I have not masturbated today. I saw a couple really attractive women today though that I wish I could see not wearing clothes. I would like to look for images on the internet of similar looking women that aren't wearing clothes, but that expression is denied because I choose to comply with the rules of this establishment, especially since I am dependant on their charity.

On this topic, I was thinking about something I heard on the radio the other night. I caught only an excerpt of a call-in show that mentioned something about masturbation being an expression of aggression, or I guess that is what they were saying, I've never heard of that before. I think, that actually, if women view male masturbation as a form of aggression, I believe that opinion actually reflects a form of female aggression. It reflects some kind of resentment towards men. One point is that it reflects a woman's resentment at not feeling desirable enough, a reflection of rejection. Another point has something to do with resentment about feeling obligated to submit to a man, or something like that.

These are my thoughts and you are not welcome here.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 March 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/quotes

IMDb


Superman Returns (2006)

Quotes


Jimmy Olsen: [leans over an unsuspecting Clark who is holding a family photo of Lois, Jason, and Richard] Ha, yea! He looks just like his mom. Already takes after her too, especially when it comes to getting into trouble.

Clark Kent: [obviously confused] Mother?

Jimmy Olsen: Oh yea, well I guess you've been gone. Fearless reporter Lois Lane is a mommy.

Clark Kent: [cracks the glass and winces] I'm sorry.

Jimmy Olsen: [takes the picture from Clark] It's okay. She's got plenty of them.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=dead-like-me&episode=s02e10

Springfield! Springfield!


Dead Like Me

s02e10


So are you going on your date? Hmm.
Thanks to your father, no.
Why is this guy still coming over? Well, because it's-- it's more polite to say no in person.
- You just want to see him.
- Reggie, I'm being polite.
When was the last time you had a date? You haven't kissed anyone but dad in 20 years? Yeah.
Do you think you forgot how? I really don't think they've changed it all that much.
Hurry, upstairs.
Scoot, scoot.
Maybe you should practice on your arm, like this Upstairs now.










http://www.azlyrics.com/k/knowles.html

AZ

BEYONCE KNOWLES

album: "B'day" (2006)


http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beyonceknowles/resentment.html

AZ

BEYONCE KNOWLES

"Resentment"

I wish I could believe you
Then I'll be alright
But now everything you told me
Really don't apply
To the way I feel inside
Loving you was easy
Once upon a time
But now my suspicions of you
Have multiplied
And it's all because you lied

I only give you a hard time
'Cause I can't go on and pretend like
I haven't tried to forgive this
But I'm much too full of resentment
Just can't seem to get over
The way you hurt me
Don't know how you gave another
Who didn't mean a thing, no
The very thing you gave to me

I thought I could forgive you
And I know you've changed
As much as I wanna trust you
I know it ain't the same
And it's all because you lied

I only give you a hard time
'Cause I can't go on and pretend like
I haven't tried to forgive this
But I'm much too full of resentment

I may never understand why
I'm doing the best that I can
I tried and I tried to forgive this
But I'm much too full of resentment

I always remember feelin'
Like I was no good
Like I couldn't do it for you
Like your mistress could
And it's all because you lied

Loved you more than ever
More than my own life
The best part of me I gave you
It was sacrificed
And it's all because you lied

I only give you a hard time
'Cause I can't go on and pretend like
I tried and I tried to forgive this
But I'm much too damn full of resentment

I know she was attractive
But I was here first
Been riding with you for 6 years
Why did I deserve
To be treated this way by you
I know you're probably thinking
What's up with b
I've been crying for too long
What did you do to me
I used to be so strong
Now you took my soul
I'm crying
Can't stop crying
Can't stop crying
You could've told me
You wasn't happy
I know you didn't want to hurt me
Look at what you've done to me now
I gotta look at her in her eyes
And see she's had half of me
You lied
How could you lie
You lied



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:29 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 12 April 2016