Thursday, July 18, 2019

"Memory makes reality."



I was moderately disappointed that the Syfy television series "Dark Matter" was cancelled, leaving us hanging with that final episode.

I've never read the book. I've read the first few lines of Wayward Pines and I've watched all the episodes of the television series. I was genuinely entertained by that tv series at one point.

Today's the first time I looked around at the author of those books, and was annoyed at the fluff on his Twitter page. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? Really? How many times does she mention Puerto Rico in her speeches to audiences? Not that I care. I never ventured out for recreation much beyond the United States military presence in Puerto Rico but I enjoyed visiting there several times.

Anyway, that's a lot of fluff for someone who's supposed to have a mind capable of critical thinking, as all mainstream media authors think they are.

On somebody's payroll for making political speech?

I decided to look closer into this because of his new book and how it sounds so relevant to me personally. Not to *you*. Only to *me*. You're a dim-wit dullard incapable of understanding stories and complex - even mildly complicated - concepts.

That's all the so-called "fans" Stargate, etc, are: they're groupies whose lives are so pathetic and pointless and meaningless they *have* to worship celebrities. Their monkeys heads care less about the stories. They are just Little Donkeys of Mediocrity. They are easily impressed by bright, shiny things. They are not Sci-fi fans. They are parasites who *need* to worship a celebrity and then talk about themselves to the other people equally pathetic.

I doubt I'll read his book. There a lot of interesting books I would like to read but probably won't get around to. For one reason, they end being more work for me. Another, I don't need more clutter around here. Kindle is great but also too expensive for me. They have a subscription service but I doubt I would read enough books to make it worth the fee.

But it has still become work for me. And it is of *NO BENEFIT* to me personally.

The Rich Guy get richer.

Donald Trump hasn't caused even the slightest inconvenience to that guy. And yet, as with so many others, they want to just sit around and whine about Donald Trump. All I can guess it's because Donald Trump was on television all those years, I have some sort of immunity to the mass hysteria because I've never watched those Donald Trump tv series.








From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.








http://blakecrouch.com/blake.php

Blake [ Retrieved by Kerry Burgess 07/18/2019 ]

Blake Crouch is a bestselling novelist and screenwriter. He is the author of the novel, Dark Matter, for which he is writing the screenplay for Sony Pictures. His international-bestselling Wayward Pines trilogy was adapted into a television series for FOX, executive produced by M. Night Shyamalan, that was Summer 2015's #1 show. With Chad Hodge, Crouch also created Good Behavior, the TNT television show starring Michelle Dockery based on his Letty Dobesh novellas. He has written more than a dozen novels that have been translated into over thirty languages and his short fiction has appeared in numerous publications including Ellery Queen and Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine. Crouch lives in Colorado.

The best way to stay apprised of new releases is to follow him on Facebook and Twitter.








http://blakecrouch.com/recursion.php

Blake Crouch

Recursion [ Retrieved by Kerry Burgess 07/18/2019 ]

Now Available

Memory makes reality.

That's what NYC cop Barry Sutton is learning, as he investigates the devastating phenomenon the media has dubbed False Memory Syndrome—a mysterious affliction that drives its victims mad with memories of a life they never lived.

That's what neuroscientist Helena Smith believes. It's why she's dedicated her life to creating a technology that will let us preserve our most precious memories. If she succeeds, anyone will be able to re-experience a first kiss, the birth of a child, the final moment with a dying parent.

As Barry searches for the truth, he comes face to face with an opponent more terrifying than any disease—a force that attacks not just our minds, but the very fabric of the past. And as its effects begin to unmake the world as we know it, only he and Helena, working together, will stand a chance at defeating it.

But how can they make a stand when reality itself is shifting and crumbling all around them?

At once a relentless pageturner and an intricate science-fiction puzzlebox about time, identity, and memory, Recursion is a thriller as only Blake Crouch could imagine it—and his most ambitious, mind-boggling, irresistible work to date.








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 09/04/09 12:58 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_misconduct

Scientific misconduct

Scientific misconduct is the violation of the standard codes of scholarly conduct and ethical behavior in professional scientific research. A Lancet review on Handling of Scientific Misconduct in Scandinavian countries provides the following sample definitions:

Danish Definition: "Intention(al) or gross negligence leading to fabrication of the scientific message or a false credit or emphasis given to a scientist"

Swedish Definition: "Intention(al) distortion of the research process by fabrication of data, text, hypothesis, or methods from another researcher's manuscript form or publication; or distortion of the research process in other ways."

The consequences of scientific misconduct can be severe at a personal level for both perpetrators and any individual who exposes it. In addition there are public health implications attached to the promotion of medical or other interventions based on dubious research findings.

Motivation to commit scientific misconduct

According to David Goodstein of Caltech, there are three main motivators for scientists to commit misconduct, which are briefly summarised here.

Career pressure

Science is still a very strongly career-driven discipline. Scientists depend on a good reputation to receive ongoing support and funding; and a good reputation relies largely on the publication of high-profile scientific papers. Hence, there is a strong imperative to "publish or perish". Clearly, this may motivate desperate (or fame-hungry) scientists to fabricate results.

To this category may also be added a paranoia that there are other scientists out there who are close to success in the same experiment, which puts extra pressure on being the first one. It is suggested as a cause of the fraud of Hwang Woo-Suk. A main source of detection comes when other research teams in fact fail or get different results.

Pride

Even on the rare occasions when scientists do falsify data, they almost never do so with the active intent to introduce false information into the body of scientific knowledge. Rather, they intend to introduce a fact that they believe is true, without going to the trouble and difficulty of actually performing the experiments required.

The ability to get away with it

In many scientific fields, results are often difficult to reproduce accurately, being obscured by noise, artifacts and other extraneous data. That means that even if a scientist does falsify data, they can expect to get away with it - or at least claim innocence if their results conflict with others in the same field. There is no "scientific police" which is trained to fight scientific crimes, all investigations are made by experts in science but amateurs in dealing with criminals. It is relatively easy to cheat.

Money

There is the additional incentive of money. If one has a promising proposal in area where federal or other grant money or funding is available especially in new technologies where there is no existing standard against which to compare, the submission of preliminary data cannot be confirmed until further research is done.

Ideology

While perhaps the least common incentive, it is still there. The classic example would be anti-abortionists claiming sonograms show the silent scream of an aborted fetus demonstrates the fetus is alive with feeling, while pro-abortionists would submit demographic studies showing that woman who considered abortion but later decided against it are doomed to life of dependency on welfare, lower socio-economic status, relationship abuse, child abuse, drug abuse, etc.

Forms of scientific misconduct

Forms of scientific misconduct include:

fabrication – the publication of deliberately false or misleading research, often subdivided into:

Obfuscation - The Omission of critical data or results. Example: Only reporting positive outcomes and not adverse outcomes.

Fabrication – the actual making up of research data and (the intent of) publishing them, sometimes referred to as "drylabbing".

Falsification – manipulation of research data and processes in order to reflect or prevent a certain result.

bare assertions - making entirely unsubstantiated claims

Another form of fabrication is where references are included to give arguments the appearance of widespread acceptance, but are actually fake, and/or do not support the argument.

plagiarism – the act of taking credit (or attempting to take credit) for the work of another. A subset is citation plagiarism – willful or negligent failure to appropriately credit other or prior discoverers, so as to give an improper impression of priority. This is also known as, "citation amnesia", the "disregard syndrome" and "bibliographic negligence". Arguably, this is the most common type of scientific misconduct. Sometimes it is difficult to guess whether authors intentionally ignored a highly relevant cite or lacked knowledge of the prior work. Discovery credit can also be inadvertently reassigned from the original discoverer to a better-known researcher.

[ excerpt ends Kerry Burgess: 09/04/09 12:58 PM ]








From 6/20/1902 ( the Spokane Clocktower begins operation ) To 9/4/2009 ( referenced in text above here ) is 39158 days

39158 = 19579 + 19579

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/11/2019 ( ) is 19579 days



From 8/7/2013 ( referenced below here in text ) To 6/11/2019 is 2134 days

2134 = 1067 + 1067

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/4/1968 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Paradise Syndrome" ) is 1067 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) To 6/11/2019 is 10314 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Body Snatchers" ) is 10314 days



From 9/28/1951 ( premiere US film "Leave It to the Marines" ) To 5/6/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess I was released from the mental health unit of St. Francis hospital in the Seattle suburb Federal Way beginning 05/04/2005 ) is 19579 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/11/2019 is 19579 days



From 9/28/1951 ( premiere US film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" ) To 5/6/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess I was released from the mental health unit of St. Francis hospital in the Seattle suburb Federal Way beginning 05/04/2005 ) is 19579 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/11/2019 is 19579 days



From 1/10/1969 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" ) To 6/11/2019 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 9207 days



From 3/7/1961 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp"::"Apache Gold" ) To 6/11/2019 is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/20/1994 ( in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 6/11/2019 is 8939 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/24/1990 ( the United States space shuttle Discovery orbiter vehicle mission STS-31 deploys the United States Hubble Space Telescope to planet Earth orbit ) is 8939 days



From 2/21/1997 ( the landing of the US space shuttle Discovery orbiter vehicle mission STS-82 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut and my 4th official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 6/11/2019 is 8145 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/20/1988 ( premiere US TV movie "Baja Oklahoma" ) is 8145 days



From 5/21/2006 ( referenced in text above here: Kerry Burgess - Re: Journal May 21, 2006 ) To 6/11/2019 is 4769 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/23/1978 ( premiere US TV movie "The Thief of Baghdad" ) is 4769 days


https://twitter.com/blakecrouch1/status/1138465637381001216

Twitter

Blake Crouch

Verified account

@blakecrouch1

8:18 AM - 11 Jun 2019

What a journey to reach today! Recursion is out now, wherever books are sold!








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/05/they-know-future.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 4:26 AM

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

They know the future.

They know the future.

They are creating variables.

Defining variables.

The variables are the short-form description for a notion I have described before as 'time-traveler effect variables.'

3 + a = 7

The variable 'a' would equal 4.

Or it could be that a = 1 + 3.

a = b + c

Those are variables.

So I am sitting here thinking again about it all and I started thinking that I should be able to predict the future based on the certainty of observations I have been making.

I mean, obviously *somebody* is working with me out there and that notion is what got me to believe in the first place about my so-called time-traveler effect.

I didn't start beginning to believe in my so-called time-traveler effect until I began to believe that I am destined to become a time-traveler.

So after I began to believe I am destined to become a time-traveler did I start to perceive the world around me as being shaped by my effect as a time-traveler.

I began to believe there are people out there right now who have absolute proof that I am a time-traveler and they are communicating with me. They communicate to me in the form of my so-called time-traveler effect variables.

See, they know the full picture. If they are playing by the rules then they know why the rules exist at all.

So they have reasons.

Now I am sitting here and I am thinking about how a few months ago, after I seemed to have been poisoned by the kill teams that inhabit fast food restaraunts in King County Washington State, that I have already proved that I can predict the future based on my observations about those variables.

And yet it proves nothing at this point. All I proved is that I documented something in my private journal. That private journal is part of the information I intend to transfer to the past when I become a time-traveler.

So my observations that seem to be time-traveler effect variables do not necessarily prove the future. They prove only that I am thinking about something.

Did I write here about how primitive people back in the 18th century were probably dazzled by manufactured mirrors? I think I wrote about here. I haven't gone back to check. I am feeling again this all is a similar exercise. I see my effect reflecting back at me and so what does that do for me?

I am thinking again about it because I am trying to think of a way to predict something that will happen tomorrow. Anything. I can't think of anything to try to predict though.

I think of stuff I want to do and I think again, almost counter-balanced to that, of my "Abandon All Hope" statement about reality artificial.

And I am so damned tired of being here.

I am really stuck. I mean, I am really at a dead-end. There is no place to go from here.

I started this blog in a drug-induced haze from those hospital drugs they tricked me into taking and now I am still here. I have made no progress. I have literally just made my future worse, despite how incredibly relevant are the reports I have generated. I have no future if I remain on this course.

And they didn't just trick me into a simple mistake at that hospital. They didn't just trick me into taking brain medication when I thought I was taking aspirin. I mean, the notion of medication was farthest from my mind. They secretly drugged the food they gave me. I had agreed to stay there a few days in the hospital so I knew I was going to eat there. I had no idea they were going to drug me.

And drug me they did. You just wouldn't believe how doped up I was by that hospital. The doctors kept talking to me and I kept telling them the same thing: people are following me. My apartment is bugged. People on the television know what I am saying.

After three days they let me out and I was just thinking a few days ago about how bad that was.

I knew the city I was in but that was it.

They discharged me and directed me to another building next to the hospital and they told me to go there to get refills of the prescription drugs they had me doped out on and I did go over and I can still remember sitting there waiting for the pharmacist to fill the order and I remember thinking that the guy behind the counter looked suspicious.

[ excerpt end Posted by Kerry Burgess at 4:26 AM Wednesday, May 15, 2013 ]








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/05/they-know-future.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 4:26 AM

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Then I was walking around outside and I had no idea where I was. They had taken me there in the back of an ambulance three days earlier when I was still lucid.

Now I am doped out of my mind after three days inside that first hospital and I just start walking. I have no idea where I am. I am walking along a sideroad and I just keep walking.

I looked it up on a map the other day. I still remember the route I took.

I am actually kind of amazed at how efficient was the route I took off on.

I could have wandered around those backroads for days and days and walked around in there and had no idea where in the hell I was or where I was going.

Instead I followed a very efficient walking route after about two or more turns, first right and then left, until I was walking and I was about two miles north of the hospital and I recognized a hamburger place I had eaten at one time before in the near past. Sometime in recent weeks or months I had gone to that hamburger place to eat and that was the only time I had been there before or since.

I recognized Monster Burgers, as I just looked it up on Google Streetview, and I remembered that I had been there before.

I don't know what's so amazing about that, thinking about it again now, because I still had no real idea where I was. My Jeep was still parked at the Kent police department, as far as I knew, and I had no idea how to get there.

What I did see though was a metro bus stop and so the first metro bus that came along I got on and I remember the bus driver was wearing a Korea war veteran hat and he didn't make me pay the full fare because I only had dollar bills and the fare back then was, I think, $1.25.

I just rode that bus until I recognized something again and then I got off the bus and I looked that up recently too on the map again and I walked for over three miles back to the Kent police department and I found my Jeep was parked there.

Things only got worse for me after that.

Any person who was looking directly at me would not have know it but I was in real trouble then because of what they did to me at that hospital and I almost didn’t make it back. You would not have even noticed it just by looking at me. I wasn’t talking to anyone. I wasn’t acting strange. If you followed me around for a few hours though and then watched me for a couple more days then you might have guessed that I was in trouble. And in my mind I knew I was in trouble. After fighting back that effect the doctor’s drugs had on my mind I staggered to the police station in another town where I had been living and they took me to the hospital and I was in the military veterans hospital where they drugged me again for several months inpatient and outpatient.

So that was a bad thing.

[ excerpt end Posted by Kerry Burgess at 4:26 AM Wednesday, May 15, 2013 ]










the-day-the-earth-stood-still_00h22m43s.jpg



the-day-the-earth-stood-still_00h22m44s.jpg



the-day-the-earth-stood-still_00h22m48s.jpg



the-day-the-earth-stood-still_00h23m10s.jpg








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Release Info

USA 18 September 1951 (New York City, New York) (premiere)
USA 28 September 1951 (Los Angeles, California)

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Full Cast & Crew

Michael Rennie ... Klaatu








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/1/2006 3:14 PM

May 4, 2005, was the day I went to the Kent Police department for help. I named George W. Bush specifically as one of the people harassing me. The policeman didn’t ask me any questions. He dumped me off at the St. Francis hospital in Federal Way where the first thing they did was secretly drug my food. I found it very hard to restrain the urge to laugh shortly after I had eaten. I wanted to leave the hospital and go back to my apartment the next day, the 5th, but they talked me out of it and I stayed there until the next day, the 6th. I didn’t know which bus would take me back to the Kent Police Department and I ended up having to walk a long ways. With a single red folder in hand, I walked all the way from the intersection of I-5 and Kent-Des Moines Road, taking a left on West Meeker Street, to the Kent Police Department where my Jeep was parked.








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/08/ncis-tuesday-16-november-2010.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 6:01 PM

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

"NCIS" Tuesday 16 November 2010

I am pretty sure I didn't watch the episode of "NCIS" that I reference here but actor Mark Harmon and his lame episodes are largely forgettable anyway.

I only have to read the list of quotes for that episode to believe that was created because of my so-called time-traveler effect variables and because of what I posted in my blog immediately before this note.

If I documented that observation and then time-traveled it to the past and gave it to the recipient then certain details would not be variables and instead would be some kind of time-traveler effect constant that I alone have created.

Somehow this all leads up to me figuring out how to time-travel.

The depressing notion has occurred to me again several time that I am just one cog in some kind of machinery that I have no control over.

I didn't invent time-travel. Time-travel invented me.

I do not figure out how to invent time-travel.

When the universe wants me to time-travel then and only then will I time-travel, not one minute before or after.

[ excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 6:01 PM August 07, 2013 ]









DSC01741.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSC01743.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSC01745.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSC01763.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSC01837.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSC01838.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSC01887.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane









star-trek-tos_season3-ep3_00h00m34s.jpg



star-trek-tos_season3-ep3_00h04m12s.jpg



star-trek-tos_season3-ep3_00h04m59s.jpg



star-trek-tos_season3-ep3_00h05m04s.jpg



star-trek-tos_season3-ep3_00h09m14s.jpg



star-trek-tos_season3-ep3_00h09m19s.jpg









10800_DSC01170 body snatchers .jpg



10800_DSC01169 body snatchers .jpg



10800_DSC01168 body snatchers .jpg



10800_DSC01165 body snatchers .jpg






10800_DSC01157 body snatchers .jpg





http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek/let-that-be-your-last-battlefield-24953/

tv.com

Star Trek Season 3 Episode 15

Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

AIRED: 1/10/69








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106452/releaseinfo

IMDb

Body Snatchers (1993)

Release Info

USA 28 January 1994








from my online journal as Kerry Burgess, Sat Dec 22 17:34:36 2018

What is so insidious about those years such as 2007 is I was convinced I was only getting better, that my mental health was quickly improving. And now I'm not sure if my memories of those years are even accurate, that everything is just one Big Lie. My journals are lying to me.





from my online journal as Kerry Burgess, Mon May 20 18:05:28 2019

Initially, all those years ago, I was writing that I was having my memory restored. Now years later I'm thinking that was all backwards. All that thinking was ACTUALLY locking-down those memories that I need today to prove my allegations.





from my online journal as Kerry Burgess, Mon May 20 18:05:29 2019

The insidious 2nd step was that all that thinking all those years after the VA hospital is what caused me to lose conscious awareness of the critical details. And I don't think that I will ever get it back. And I think that was The Plan.





from my online journal as Kerry Burgess, Mon May 20 18:05:29 2019

And after spinning around in circles all these years I don't know what else to do.





from my online journal as Kerry Burgess, Mon May 20 18:12:34 2019

What gets me lately is an entry in my journal back in May 2006. That entry coincides with the VA hospital drugs they had me on, seeming to almost constantly wanting to stick me with needles. Everything for me was NORMAL before then.





from my online journal as Kerry Burgess, Mon May 20 18:05:28 2019

The insidious part is what I am guess lately was a two-part process. The first part did some sort of reset damage to my physical brain. Eventually that would wear off, as I theorize today is the reason I'm having this line of thought, so the 2nd step handles that





from my online journal as Kerry Burgess, Tue May 21 10:50:11 2019

I don't give a damn about celebrities. In fact, I despise the sort of people who worship celebrities just for being celebrities. So why is I have such vivid sleeping dreams as a few hours ago that poignantly feature Julia Roberts? I have no conscious memory to explain that



- posted by Kerry Burgess 10:01 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 18 July 2019