Saturday, July 13, 2019

"Ah, thought I, thou mourn'st in vain!"



Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 11:15 PM Sunday, May 08, 2011

I have thought several times about a dream I had before waking up earlier today in the morning. I think about it again now, especially considering how my dreams are relevant to observations I made later in the day after having the dream, after watching on television the scene I reference now. The scene only lasted for probably a second or two of dreaming but I have thought of it several times today because of the good feeling I had during the dream. I cannot recall how it started out but the part I remember is that I seemed to be entering an office building and I got a pass to clip to my uniform shirt and I had full access to the building. What I did though is sit in a chair in the lobby, which I can only partially visualize and I could have gone on in but I was just sitting there watching people enter and leave and I think that is what I wanted to do. I looked at my watch. I cannot recall the precise time I saw in the dream but my watch might have read 12:38 PM. I sat there for a while and if I would have wrote about this dream back in early 2006 I would have wrote about how the narrator was talking to me in the dream but in the dream, no one spoke to me during that series of scenes. There almost seemed to be comments about why I was sitting there when I could go in to the office area and I had full access to that building. I was wearing a United States military uniform in the dream and after waking up I decided I was wearing a dress white United States Marine Corps officers uniform that is no longer in service. The uniform was very similar to the United States Navy officers ceremonial dress uniform but what I read earlier today is that uniform was phased in 1998, or maybe 2000. So anyway I was clearly wearing a United States military uniform and I got up from the chair in the lobby and I started walking through the office section and I was very glad to be there. I have been left with the sense all day about how I was back home. I have also been thinking that was some kind of office that I worked out of and that is here in the United States and I had been gone for a while and I was glad to be back and I was walking around and no one had realized yet that I was back. That was how the dream ended. I was walking around through the office and I noted that someone I knew didn't work in the same place. I was going somewhere specific but that was where the dream ended and I woke up and I think that was when I got up out of bed.

But anyway, as I read back through the scene I remember that before that scene was something about me being trapped in someplace that seemed to be a deep well. I was aware that I was perched on a surface and there was very dark water just below me in reach and I was worried about what was under that surface. But I was definitely trapped in a well, a long vertical cylinder of a wall made of stones and there seemed to be just enough lighting to see my surroundings. At one point I caught a frog. I was keeping it because I might have had to use it for food. But I didn't have to because I was only trapped down there for eight days without food and water and I didn't want to eat the frog, which was the only source of possible food that presented itself to me during that time I was trapped in the well. So then the part in the office building seemed to happen.








Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 7:50 PM Monday, May 09, 2011

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0706368/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Space: Above and Beyond"

Pilot (1995)

Sergeant Major Frank Bougus: In space, no one can hear you scream unless it is the war cry of a U.S. Marine!

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 May 2011 excerpt ends]








From 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) is 8068 days

8068 = 4034 + 4034

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/18/1976 ( Larry Niven "Ringworld" ) is 4034 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" & the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 11/27/1963 ( Lyndon Johnson - Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress ) is 1197 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/11/1969 is 1197 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000098/bio

IMDb

Jennifer Aniston

Biography

Date of Birth 11 February 1969, Sherman Oaks, California, USA

Birth Name Jennifer Joanna Aniston








https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/address-before-joint-session-the-congress-0

The American Presidency Project

LYNDON B. JOHNSON

36th President of the United States: 1963 ‐ 1969

Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress

November 27, 1963

Mr. Speaker, Mr. President, Members of the House, Members of the Senate, my fellow Americans:

All I have I would have given gladly not to be standing here today.









the-time-machine-2002_00h28m47s.jpg



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268695/quotes

IMDb

The Time Machine (2002)

Jogger: Hey.

Alexander Hartdegen: Hello.

Jogger: Nice suit. Very retro.

Alexander Hartdegen: Thank you.

Jogger: Bet that makes a hell of a cappuccino.








http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-where-monica-gets-a-roommate-a-k-a-pilot-345/trivia/

tv.com

Friends Season 1 Episode 1

The One Where Monica Gets a Roommate (a.k.a. Pilot)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 22, 1994 on NBC

Quotes

Rachel: Want a wedding dress? Hardly used.










ringworld_pg-0_intro.jpg


https://www.amazon.com/Ringworld-Larry-Niven-ebook/dp/B01513ZIL6

amazon

You purchased this item on July 12, 2019.

Ringworld

by Larry Niven (Author)

Kindle Edition








From 6/16/1917 ( Katharine Graham ) To 12/25/1991 ( in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 27220 days

27220 = 13610 + 13610

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/6/2003 is 13610 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 2/6/2003 is 3023 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/11/1974 ( premiere US film "The Last Detail" ) is 3023 days



From 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) To 2/6/2003 is 11366 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/15/1996 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Simpsons"::"Lisa's Date with Density" ) is 11366 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108778/episodes

IMDb

Episode list for

"Friends" (1994)

Season 9, Episode 14: The One with the Blind Dates

Original Air Date—6 February 2003

As they think Ross and Rachel should get back together with Emma, Joey and Phoebe, when asked to fix them up with blind dates, plan to make those so horrible they'll run back. Phoebe does a great job: Steve is so unattractive he even makes himself cry








Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 5:45 AM Tuesday, May 31, 2011

She made a VERY big deal about how she liked what I wore to work that one day








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 9/27/2006 12:13 PM

I am pretty sure that on 12/25/91, though, I was over at Tracie’s house to meet her parents.








Dagger Of The Mind [ Star Trek television series episode ]

Original Airdate: Nov 3, 1966

(from internet transcript)

Captain KIRK: Remarkably effective for a device that Doctor Adams was going to abandon.

NOEL: I think we should try this again.

KIRK: Yes. Pick something unusual, an unusual suggestion, something we can both be sure of.

NOEL: (light turns) At the Christmas party, we met, we danced, you talked about the stars. I suggest now that it happened in a different way. You swept me off my feet and carried me to your cabin.

[Kirk's quarters]

KIRK: Merry Christmas.

NOEL: Captain, if your crew saw you carry me here.

KIRK: My crew is sworn to secrecy.








From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:12 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Journal May 25, 2006

Tracie and I first went out on a December 7th. I think it was 1991. I think it was a Christmas party at the bank we worked at. Her job was to stock cash in the ATMs for the western part of the region I covered. When there was a problem with the machines, she called me out to make repairs.








Dagger Of The Mind [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 2715.1

Original Airdate: Nov 3, 1966

(from internet transcript)

KIRK: You know, when we finally get through this I'd like to locate and raid a kitchen somewhere.








Space: Above and Beyond

Choice or Chance - Part 2

Sunday 26 November 1995

Episode 9 Season 1 DVD video:

00:43:32

US Marine Corps first lieutenant Stroud: Welcome home. I said this was yours when you got back. You're a hero. Paul. Paul.









DSC01941 saab.jpg



DSC01962 saab.jpg



DSC01945 saab.jpg



DSC01949 saab.jpg



DSC01951 saab.jpg








From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Every one that flatters thee

Kerry Burgess wrote:
http://www.online-literature.com/short.php/333

As it fell upon a day
In the merry month of May,
Sitting in a pleasant shade
Which a grove of myrtles made,
Beasts did leap, and birds did sing,
Trees did grow, and plants did spring;
Every thing did banish moan,
Save the nightingale alone:
She, poor bird, as all forlorn,
Lean'd her breast up-till a thorn
And there sung the dolefull'st ditty,
That to hear it was great pity:
'Fie, fie, fie,' now would she cry;
'Tereu, tereu!' by and by;
That to hear her so complain,
Scarce I could from tears refrain;
For her griefs, so lively shown,
Made me think upon mine own.
Ah, thought I, thou mourn'st in vain!
None takes pity on thy pain:
Senseless trees they cannot hear thee;
Ruthless beasts they will not cheer thee:
King Pandion he is dead;
All thy friends are lapp'd in lead;
All thy fellow birds do sing,
Careless of thy sorrowing.
Even so, poor bird, like thee,
None alive will pity me.
Whilst as fickle Fortune smiled,
Thou and I were both beguiled.
Every one that flatters thee
Is no friend in misery.
Words are easy, like the wind;
Faithful friends are hard to find:
Every man will be thy friend
Whilst thou hast wherewith to spend;
But if store of crowns be scant,
No man will supply thy want.
If that one be prodigal,
Bountiful they will him call,
And with such-like flattering,
'Pity but he were a king;'
If he be addict to vice,
Quickly him they will entice;
If to women he be bent,
They have at commandement:
But if Fortune once do frown,
Then farewell his great renown
They that fawn'd on him before
Use his company no more.
He that is thy friend indeed,
He will help thee in thy need:
If thou sorrow, he will weep;
If thou wake, he cannot sleep;
Thus of every grief in heart
He with thee doth bear a part.
These are certain signs to know
Faithful friend from flattering foe.



From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:33 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Every one that flatters thee

I don't remember when I first read this. But it sure resonates with me. It is even ironic the part about May. If I'm not mistaken, it was May 31 when I gave up my apartment. I want to sit down and try to write out as much of a timeline after that as possible, but I can't remember a lot of the details, although I knew all along that my tormentors knew exactly what I was doing and where I was located every minute of every one of those days. And so in this message below, he is talking basically about how people can talk about being your friend, but it is when the world throws you down into some really dark place, it is your friends that are going to be there with you.








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 03/28/07 5:50 AM

That's what the POW guards always say: Today, Ray. You're going home today, Ray. You'll be eating dinner with your family tonight, Ray.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 March 2007 excerpt ends]



- posted by Kerry Burgess 05:46 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 13 July 2019