Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Weeping Woman



Ringworld

Larry Niven

Chapter 22

"He's old, Louis. He got a massive dose of something like boosterspice, long ago. He says he took it from an evil magician. He's so old that his grandparents remembered the Fall of the Cities.

"Do you know what he's doing?"

Her smile became impish. "He's on a kind of quest. Long ago he took an oath that he would walk to the base of the Arch. He's doing that. He's been doing it for hundreds of years."

"The base of the Arch?"








Kerry Burgess, Wed Apr 24 02:01:06 2019

Stupid Desk.








Teela nodded. She was smiling very prettily, and she obviously appreciated the joke, but in her eyes there was something more.

Louis had seen love in Teela's eyes, but never tenderness.

"You're proud of him for it! You little idiot, don't you know there isn't any Arch?"

"I know that, Louis."

"Then why don't you tell him?"





(Teela) "If you tell him, I'll hate you. Hes spent too much of his life doing this. And he does good. He knows a few simple skills, and he carries them around the Ringworld as he travels to spinward."

"How much information can he carry? He can't be too intelligent."








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 04/27/07 4:23 PM
Hell, I could be secretly married right now to Phoebe Cates for all I know.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 April 2007 excerpt ends]








(Teela) "No, he's not." From the way she said it, it didn't matter. "But if I travel with him I can teach a great many people a great deal."

"I knew that was coming," said Louis. But it still hurt.








From 11/18/1976 ( Larry Niven "Ringworld" ) To 5/13/2018 is 15151 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/27/2007 ( ) is 15151 days



From 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 5/13/2018 is 18447 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/5/2016 ( ) is 18447 days



From 7/27/1997 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate SG-1"::series premiere episode "Children of the Gods" ) To 5/13/2018 is 7595 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/19/1986 ( Picasso's The Weeping Woman was recovered after earlier being stolen from museum ) is 7595 days



From 5/14/1990 ( departing as United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer Kerry Wayne Burgess my honorable discharge from United States Navy active service for commissioning as chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps and continuing to Kerry Burgess the United States Marine Corps general ) To 5/13/2018 is 10226 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/1/1993 ( the landing of the US space shuttle Columbia orbiter vehicle mission STS-58 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-58 pilot astronaut and my 2nd official United States National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 10226 days


http://www.tv.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/laura-3509143/

tv.com

Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 5

Laura

Aired Sunday May 13, 2018 on AMC

Episode Summary

The arrival of a wounded visitor in John Dorie's life forces him to change his ways.

AIRED: 5/13/18









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weeping_Woman



http://www.theage.com.au/national/picking-up-paintings-for-a-steal-20100507-ujtg.html

theage.com.au

THE AGE

Picking up paintings for a steal

Gabriella Coslovich

May 8, 2010

- In August 1986, a group calling itself the Australian Cultural Terrorists stole Picasso's Weeping Woman from the National Gallery of Victoria. It was the NGV's most expensive work, then valued at $2 million. On August 19, 1986, after a tip-off to The Age, the painting was found in locker 227 at Spencer Street Station, undamaged and wrapped in brown paper.








Other posts by me include: https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/07/norma-rae.html


http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/children-of-the-gods-1-7319/

tv.com

Stargate SG-1 Season 1 Episode 1

Children of the Gods (1)

AIRED: 7/27/97








Fear The Walking Dead (2015) s04e05 Episode Script

Laura

(from internet subtitle transcript of incomplete dialog)

John Dorie: You should wear these boots. They'll be big on ya, but anything's better than those. There's snakes out here.

Naomi / "Laura": No, I want to be able to run if I need to.

John Dorie: You can run in those. They won't hold you back.

Naomi / "Laura": No, thanks.

John Dorie: Suit yourself.

Naomi / "Laura": You been out here long?

John Dorie: A good while, I suppose.









DSC01506.jpg Kerry Burgess 2018




DSC01513.jpg Kerry Burgess 2018



DSC01516.jpg Kerry Burgess 2018



DSC01517.jpg Kerry Burgess 2018



DSC01521.jpg Kerry Burgess 2018



DSC01522.jpg Kerry Burgess 2018



DSC01523.jpg Kerry Burgess 2018








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/05/battlestar-galactica.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 10:42 PM

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Battlestar Galactica

Makes sense that I was personally calling the shots on those productions back then. After all these years I have struggled to understand why there is so much similarity. Only in recent weeks has a sensible explanation become obvious to my conscious awareness. I've have had it backwards all these years.

And I can sense the future. There is a quietness in my mind that tells me the future. I just have figure out how to concentrate harder to hear that information. Usually I am consciously rejecting it, just as I am rejecting in my mind now the advice that I am still going to still be here in the future and I really really really hate being here.

And I must be doing that again. I talk here about trying to concentrate on figuring out how to predict the future - BECAUSE I WANT TO USE THAT TO MY ADVANTAGE! - but in fact I am non-consciously restricting my power. Unconsciously I do not want to use my power for personal gain. And I really really really hate being here.

[ excert ends Posted by Kerry Burgess at 10:42 PM Thursday, May 05, 2016 ]



- posted by Kerry Burgess 9:29 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 24 July 2019