Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Exposition



When I first moved to Spokane a few years ago and began watching regularly the local television news broadcasts I wasn't familiar enough with the terrain to comprehend the direction the camera was pointing in the scenes they project of downtown Spokane.

The most confounding example was that Performing Arts center. As a guide to help my mind coordinate itself, all this before my numerous excursions to downtown a few years later, I told myself that the "ramp" points west.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/quotes

IMDb

Soylent Green (1973)

Quotes

Sol: There was a world, once, you punk.

Det. Thorn: Yes, so you keep telling me.

Sol: I was there. I can prove it.

Det. Thorn: I know, I know. When you were young, people were better.

Sol: Aw, nuts. People were always rotten. But the world 'was' beautiful.









DSC02007.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane








The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

H.P. Lovecraft

[ first lines ]

Three times Randolph Carter dreamed of the marvelous city, and three times was he snatched away while still he paused on the high terrace above it. All golden and lovely it blazed in the sunset, with walls, temples, colonnades and arched bridges of veined marble, silver-basined fountains of prismatic spray in broad squares and perfumed gardens, and wide streets marching between delicate trees and blossom-laden urns and ivory statues in gleaming rows; while on steep northward slopes climbed tiers of red roofs and old peaked gables harbouring little lanes of grassy cobbles. It was a fever of the gods, a fanfare of supernal trumpets and a clash of immortal cymbals. Mystery hung about it as clouds about a fabulous unvisited mountain; and as Carter stood breathless and expectant on that balustraded parapet there swept up to him the poignancy and suspense of almost-vanished memory, the pain of lost things and the maddening need to place again what once had been an awesome and momentous place.

He knew that for him its meaning must once have been supreme; though in what cycle or incarnation he had known it, or whether in dream or in waking, he could not tell. Vaguely it called up glimpses of a far forgotten first youth, when wonder and pleasure lay in all the mystery of days, and dawn and dusk alike strode forth prophetic to the eager sound of lutes and song, unclosing fiery gates toward further and surprising marvels. But each night as he stood on that high marble terrace with the curious urns and carven rail and looked off over that hushed sunset city of beauty and unearthly immanence he felt the bondage of dream's tyrannous gods; for in no wise could he leave that lofty spot, or descend the wide marmoreal fights flung endlessly down to where those streets of elder witchery lay outspread and beckoning.

When for the third time he awakened with those flights still undescended and those hushed sunset streets still untraversed, he prayed long and earnestly to the hidden gods of dream that brood capricious above the clouds on unknown Kadath, in the cold waste where no man treads. But the gods made no answer and shewed no relenting, nor did they give any favouring sign when he prayed to them in dream, and invoked them sacrificially through the bearded priests of Nasht and Kaman-Thah, whose cavern-temple with its pillar of flame lies not far from the gates of the waking world. It seemed, however, that his prayers must have been adversely heard, for after even the first of them he ceased wholly to behold the marvellous city; as if his three glimpses from afar had been mere accidents or oversights, and against some hidden plan or wish of the gods.









google-maps_spokane_070819_1.jpg

https://goo.gl/maps/o7tLvJqaHE2bhteX9









twitter_jane-mccarthy_07-09-2019_1.jpg









krem-news_07-09-2019_6.jpg


https://www.krem.com/article/features/im-the-clock-winder-how-one-man-keeps-spokanes-clocktower-on-time/293-b2de4e89-b272-47db-8bd0-208a9bc250be

KREM Channel 2 CBS New Spokane

Author: Jane McCarthy, July 9, 2019










soylent-green_00h00m00s.jpg



soylent-green_00h00m15s.jpg



soylent-green_00h00m51s.jpg



soylent-green_00h01m22s.jpg









krem-news_07-09-2019_1.jpg



krem-news_07-09-2019_2.jpg



krem-news_07-09-2019_3.jpg



krem-news_07-09-2019_4.jpg



krem-news_07-09-2019_5.jpg








From 6/20/1902 ( the Spokane Clocktower begins operation ) To 10/30/2009 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate: Universe"::"Water" ) is 39214 days

39214 = 19607 + 19607

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/9/2019 is 19607 days



From 11/26/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in solar system deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day makes his first landing the Jupiter moon Callisto ) To 7/9/2019 is 15565 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/14/2008 ( referenced in text below here ) is 15565 days



From 5/21/1997 ( premiere US TV series episode "Wings"::series finale episode "Final Approach" ) To 7/9/2019 is 8084 days

8084 = 4042 + 4042

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/26/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in solar system deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day makes his first landing the Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 4042 days



From 3/21/1953 ( premiere US TV series "Johnny Jupiter" ) To 11/25/2006 ( referenced in text below here ) is 19607 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/9/2019 is 19607 days



From 11/25/2006 ( referenced in text below here ) To 7/9/2019 is 4609 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/16/1978 ( premiere US film "Jaws 2" ) is 4609 days



From 4/19/1973 ( premiere US film "Soylent Green" & premiere US film "High Plains Drifter" ) To 7/9/2019 is 16882 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/22/2012 ( premiere US film "Safety Not Guaranteed" ) is 16882 days



From 7/16/2004 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate: Atlantis" ) To 7/9/2019 is 5471 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/25/1980 ( premiere US TV series episode "In Search of..."::"Moon Madness" ) is 5471 days



From 3/24/2013 ( referenced in text below here ) To 7/9/2019 is 2298 days

2298 = 1149 + 1149

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/25/1968 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy Commander circa 1968 was United States Apollo 8 spacecraft United States Navy astronaut in orbit of the planet Earth's moon ) is 1149 days



From 6/7/1979 ( Anne McClain ) To 7/9/2019 is 14642 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/4/2005 ( premiere US TV series "Sleeper Cell" ) is 14642 days


https://www.krem.com/article/features/im-the-clock-winder-how-one-man-keeps-spokanes-clocktower-on-time/293-b2de4e89-b272-47db-8bd0-208a9bc250be

KRREM Channel 2 CBS News Spokane

'I'm the clock winder': How one man keeps Spokane's clocktower on time

People have guessed the clock is powered by everything from turbine power to really big batteries. The truth is, it’s a man named Mike Parks.

Author: Jane McCarthy

Published: 3:04 PM PDT July 9, 2019

Updated: 6:54 PM PDT July 9, 2019

SPOKANE, Wash. — The historic clocktower in Riverfront Park stretches 155 feet into the Spokane Skyline, coolly keeping time as the city wakes and sleeps.

It was the centerpiece of the Great Northern Railroad Depot, completed in 1902.The train station was eventually torn down to make way for Riverfront Park and Expo '74, but the elegant clock tower endures.

But have you ever thought about what keeps the clock ticking every minute of every day?

People have guessed everything from turbine power to really big batteries. The truth is, it’s a man with the Spokane Parks Department named Mike Parks.

"I'm the clock winder, as they say," said Parks.

Every week he gets geared up to go up and wind the clock.

"It's a seven-day clock. I wind it every Wednesday," he said.

KREM 2 went along to get a rare look at how Parks keeps the clock ticking and it turns out it's the kind of tour that requires a workout.

The fall restraint system is necessary because climbing to the clock mechanism is more straight up than stairs.

About halfway up the tower is what Parks calls “the oxygen floor.”

"This is the oxygen floor because by the time you get up here with the ladder climb and the two flights, this is where you rest," he said.

After more really steep stairs is the floor showcasing the four iconic clock faces. Each measures nine feet across.

"The first thing I do when I get up here, I adjust the time. I lose about a minute and-a-half a week," said Parks. “And the trick is when you're looking at it it goes backwards when you're adjusting the time."

Just behind the clock faces is the heart of the colossal clock. The mechanism is surprisingly simple and it ticks away in a tone more hushed that you might imagine.

The eight-foot pendulum and the rest of the mechanism weighs a hefty 500 pounds. It’s wound by a substantial hand crank more than two feet across.

"It's 98 turns on the handle and that gets me seven days’ time," said Parks.

And when it comes to Daylight Saving Time, it takes even more muscle to change the clock.

"It's a 15 or 20 minute adjustment to just move it an hour forward or back.”

And if he doesn’t climb up promptly after a time change?

“I have lots of people watching my setting. So if it's off I hear about it," he said.

So if you notice the clock is off by 90 seconds, it’s time for Parks to scramble back to the top of the clocktower to help keep Spokane on time.








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 06/14/08 12:19 PM
Paycheck (2003)

20 TNTP: Saturday, June 14 12:00 PM

2003, PG-13, **, 01:59, Color, English, United States,

After learning his memory has been erased, a technical wizard (Ben Affleck) goes on the run to piece together clues from his past.










2016October31_Chloe55_DSC00884 timex .jpg, Kerry Burgess



2016October31_Chloe55_DSC00885.jpg, Kerry Burgess



2016October31_Chloe55_DSC00887.jpg, Kerry Burgess



2016October31_Chloe55_DSC00890.jpg, Kerry Burgess



2016October31_Chloe55_DSC00891.jpg, Kerry Burgess



2016October31_Chloe55_DSC00892.jpg, Kerry Burgess



2016October31_Chloe55_DSC00894.jpg, Kerry Burgess



2016October31_Chloe55_DSC00896.jpg, Kerry Burgess








http://www.tv.com/shows/johnny-jupiter/episode-1-651713/

tv.com

Johnny Jupiter Season 1 Episode 1

Episode 1

Aired Mar 21, 1953 on Dumont

Episode Summary

Earnest Duckweather, a janitor of a TV studio, happens to make contact with people from Jupiter and finds himself friends with the Jupiterian Johnny Jupiter and his Robot B-12.

AIRED: 3/21/53








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/25/06 6:27 AM
As soon as I read this part, I remembered that time I was talking with Lynn about a clock tower we had ridden past on our bicycles. I may have sent her in email a link to overhead images of that clock tower.








http://www.tv.com/shows/sleeper-cell/al-faitha-522062/

tv.com

Sleeper Cell Season 1 Episode 1

AIRED: 12/4/05








posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:56 PM Pacific Time near Seattle Washington State USA Sunday 11 August 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/08/you-really-think-abe-lincoln-is-going.html

http://reviews.cnet.com/radios/timex-t307s-clock-radio/4505-7875_7-32343506.html

cnet

Timex T307S (clock radio)

Quick Specifications

Device type Clock radio

Tuner bands AM/FM

Audio system built-in display LCD

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 August 2013 excerpt ends]








posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 08:25 [ AM ] Pacific Time near Seattle Washington State USA Sunday 11 August 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/08/t-1000.html

T-1000

I saw the strangest pattern yet this morning.

I was asleep in bed and I awoke again one of many times in another miserable night of sleep and I looked over at the clock and I couldn't read the numbers because I was seeing some kind of complex pattern.

That's not the first time that's happened before but I had largely forgotten about it and besides that pattern was nothing I recall ever seeing before.

I blinked my eyes and I could then read the clock numbers. Then that complex pattern returned to my vision and I could not read the numbers. I thought about how my vision could be simply blurry but that pattern was unmistakable.

My guess is my superpowers are fully active again and have always been active. I simply choose to ignore those powers because that is the promise I made.

I had a lot of sleeping dreams last night but the only ones I can recall are on my mind a lot this morning.

And I thought just now to mention that the topic for my next report, some time later today, is a new detail I discovered only this morning.

So anyway I am dreaming while asleep and I have just finished my work shift somewhere, after walking out of what seemed to an elevator and what seemed to be The Dark Man had been poking his finger into my shoulder in my back and I walked away thinking I should have beaten him for that, and I am walking towards the parking lot and I am happy for a moment because I am heading out to finally do something I want to do for fun but the feeling quickly dawns on me in the dream that I am not going to get to do what I want to do. Then I can see the forward section of my red 1990 Mazda RX-7 and then I see what seems to be a security guard with a flashlight as he intersects perpendicularly to my path and I think now there is some other stuff I have forgotten. I don't feel like writing here about it all in detail but the point I recall next is that I am literally flying through the air under my own power. My RX-7 has become a red toy model I am holding. I am becoming annoyed because I am slowly losing the power of levitation flight and then I am on the ground again and walking along the sidewalk of some place I don't recognize now as I visualize the scene in my waking mind with its structures and traffic lights and there were a lot of variously colored lights and bright lights. At the end I was trying to pull myself up on some kind of structure on the sidewalk, as though there was a steep ramp that was normally a feature of the sidewalk and I had pulled myself up far enough to place that toy car, which almost seemed to be a fairly large USN F-14 at that point, on the top but I saw myself through my eyes and I was seriously struggling just to hold my position and not slip back down that ramp or whatever it was and I think that was the point where I woke up and got out of bed to sit at my desk and I recall from that point in the dream there were other people I was blocking because I couldn't pull myself up. In the distance ahead was a building housing the Variable Coffee company and in front of me as I struggled to pull myself up was a hardware device that was a node on their wireless network.

Oh yeah, and something else I recall is that I saw again that house I used to own and always when I dream about the plot is always different. Tracie was living in that house and for the first time I can recall I dreamed an accurate depiction of our sham marriage. I have forgotten many other details and I recall that I was selling the house but I think also Tracie was living there but I don't remember much else except something about feeling glad she could live there.

That might have been followed by me in the scene with the elevator and the parking lot.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 August 2013 excerpt ends]








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/04/safety-not-guaranteed-2012.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 10:16 PM

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1862079/releaseinfo

IMDb

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Release Info

USA 22 January 2012 (Sundance Film Festival)
USA 10 March 2012 (South by Southwest Film Festival)
USA 23 May 2012 (Seattle International Film Festival)
USA 8 June 2012 (limited)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1862079/plotsummary

IMDb

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Plot Summary

In Seattle, the editor of a magazine, Bridget, assigns the cynical reporter Jeff and the interns Darius and Arnau to find and interview the author of an advertisement inviting a companion for a time travel. They travel to a coastal town in Washington and Jeff leaves Darius and Arnau watching the PO Box. Darius finds that the man is Kenneth Calloway, who works in a supermarket. Meanwhile Jeff's only interest is to find his former sweetheart that lives in town and Arnau wants to have sexual experience. Now Darius has to find whether Kenneth is a lunatic or has really invented a time machine.

[ excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess April 04, 2015 ]








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1862079/taglines

IMDb

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Taglines

WANTED Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. You'll get paid when we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.








Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

(from internet transcript)

Tomorrow morning first thing,
we hit the post office.
Let's hope our boy checks
his P.O. Box every day.
There she is.
What?
"Wanted, someone to travel
back in time with me,
"this is not a joke.
"P.O. Box 91 Ocean View, Washington.
"You'll get paid after we get back.
Must bring your own weapons.
"Safety not guaranteed."
Hey, here we go.
No way. He's too old to be time traveling.
Come on. That's the time traveling demo.
White beards, spectacles, pipes.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/releaseinfo

IMDb

Soylent Green (1973)

Release Info

USA 18 April 1973 (Los Angeles, California)
USA 19 April 1973 (New York City, New York)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/fullcredits

IMDb

Soylent Green (1973)

Full Cast & Crew

Charlton Heston ... Detective Thorn








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/quotes

IMDb

Memorable quotes for

Soylent Green (1973)

Det. Thorn: He'll like you. You're a helluva piece of furniture.










DSCN7378.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSCN7380.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSCN7383.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane



DSCN7385.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2019 Spokane










DSCN7187.jpg Kerry Burgess



DSC01515.jpg Kerry Burgess



DSC01481.jpg Kerry Burgess








http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/03/cletus-whats-that-tree-say.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 8:34 PM

Sunday, March 24, 2013

"Cletus, what's that tree say?"

That's not even a new episode. It's a rebroadcast. First time I have watched it though. I've never watched it until just now a few minutes ago on Seattle air broadcast television.

Sure is a Freaked-Out Simpsons Sunday.

It's a lamp pointed at a tree.

The magic is really powerful today, without a doubt.


http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930549&sid=10387&sn=KCPQ&st=201303242000&cn=13

excite tv

The Simpsons (Repeat)

13 KCPQ: Sunday, March 24 8:00 PM

Sitcom, Animated

A Tree Grows in Springfield

To cheer Homer up, Lisa tries to win a MyPad for him; Ned finds a tree in the Simpsons' backyard with the word ``hope'' spelled out in the bark.

Original Air Date: Nov 25, 2012


http://heroes-transcripts.blogspot.com/search/label/101

Heroes Transcripts

101: Genesis

LEGEND: TOKYO, JAPAN

TICK – TICK – TICK -

(The circular wall clock on the desk reads 1:48. The numbers on the clock are in Japanese.)

TICK – TICK – TICK -

(Hiro Nakamura sits at his desk. He looks positively bored. He takes a deep breath and blinks as he stares at the clock. In the background, a phone rings.)

TICK – TICK – TICK -

(Hiro settles down and concentrates on the wall clock on his desk. The second hand moves.)

TICK – TICK – TICK –

(Whatever he’s doing, it’s not working. Hiro takes a deep breath and tries again.)

TICK – TICK – TICK –

(He closes his eyes. In the background, a phone rings.)

TICK – TICK – TICK –

(He tries again. He concentrates hard, focusing all his energy on the wall clock on his desk.)

TICK – TICK – TICK –

(He grimaces and shakes from exertion.)

(echo-y) TICK – TICK – TICK –

(Camera focuses in on the second hand.)

(echo-y) TICK – TICK – TICK –

(Hiro concentrates –

(echo-y) TICK – TICK – TICK –

-- hard.)

TICK –

(then nothing)

TICK –

(The second hand goes backward.)

(Then nothing.)

(He did it! Hiro stands up. He throws his arms up in the air.)

HIRO NAKAMURA: YATTA! [Subtitled: I did it!]

(He runs out of his cubicle and down the aisle.)

HIRO NAKAMURA: (shouting) [Subtitled: I did it! I did it!]

- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:34 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Sunday 24 March 2013

[ excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess March 24, 2013 ]








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257066/releaseinfo

IMDb

Preying Mantis (2000)

Release Info

USA 15 August 2000 (limited)








From 9/30/1953 ( Lewis Fry Richardson dead ) To 9/21/1982 ( in Spokane the dedication of the Centennial Sculpture ) is 10583 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/1994 is 10583 days



From 6/28/1873 ( Alexis Carrel ) To 6/20/1902 ( the Spokane Clocktower begins operation ) is 10583 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/1994 is 10583 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) to 1/3/1993 ( premiere US TV series "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"::series premiere episode "Emissary" ) is 659 days

From 1/3/1993 ( premiere US TV series "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"::series premiere episode "Emissary" ) to 10/24/1994 is 659 days



From 8/7/1931 ( Herbert Hoover - Statement on the Organization for Unemployment Relief ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash and the end of Kerry Burgess the natural human being cloned from another human being ) is 21166 days

21166 = 10583 + 10583

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/1994 is 10583 days



From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) to 1/12/1978 ( premiere US TV series episode "In Search of..."::"Astrology" ) is 4454 days

From 1/12/1978 ( premiere US TV series episode "In Search of..."::"Astrology" ) to 3/24/1990 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Navy documents includes: "I hereby request to be granted 51.0 days separation leave" for Honorable Discharge and to begin civilian employment with Ketterman's in Greenville, South Carolina ) is 4454 days



From 4/27/1965 ( Edward R. Murrow dead ) To 10/24/1994 is 10772 days

10772 = 5386 + 5386

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) is 5386 days



Many other posts by me on this topic, future updates possible


http://articles.latimes.com/1994-10-27/news/ls-55212_1_james-spader-and-jaye-davidson

Los Angeles Times

Tut Would Have Felt at Home

October 27, 1994 BILL HIGGINS SPECIAL TO THE TIMES

The Scene: Monday's premiere of MGM's "Stargate" at Mann's Chinese

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/gail-ogrady-during-premiere-of-stargate-october-24-1994-at-news-photo/105534043

gettyimages

Premiere of Stargate - October 24, 1994

Premiere of Stargate - October 24, 1994 at Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, California, United States.








https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047948/releaseinfo

IMDb

Marriage a la Mode (1955)

Release Info

USA 25 July 1957 (U.S. theatrical premiere)

Also Known As (AKA)

(original title) The Constant Husband










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-107









battlestar-galactica-2003_01h37m10s.jpg



battlestar-galactica-2003_01h37m48s.jpg



battlestar-galactica-2003_01h37m52s.jpg



battlestar-galactica-2003_01h37m59s.jpg








http://www.tv.com/shows/happy-days/hollywood-3-20566/

tv.com

Happy Days Season 5 Episode 3

Hollywood (3)

AIRED: 9/20/77










Fonzie_ .jpg








From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) To 2/1/2003 is 4340 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/20/1977 ( premiere US TV series episode "Happy Days"::"Hollywood - Part 3" ) is 4340 days



From 8/15/2000 ( premiere US film "Preying Mantis" ) To 2/1/2003 is 900 days

900 = 450 + 450

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 1/26/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Tomorrow Is Yesterday" ) is 450 days



From 4/18/1988 ( as Kerry Burgess with my personal commended participation aboard the USS Wainwright CG-28 the United States Navy Operation Praying Mantis ) To 2/1/2003 is 5402 days

5402 = 2701 + 2701

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 3/26/1973 ( premiere US TV series "The Young and the Restless" ) is 2701 days



From 4/18/1988 ( as Kerry Burgess with my personal commended participation aboard the USS Wainwright CG-28 the United States Navy Operation Praying Mantis ) To 2/1/2003 is 5402 days

5402 = 2701 + 2701

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 3/26/1973 ( premiere US TV series "The $10,000 Pyramid" ) is 2701 days



From 7/25/1957 ( premiere US film "The Constant Husband" ) To 10/24/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 13605 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 2/1/2003 is 13605 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 2/1/2003 is 2266 days

2266 = 1133 + 1133

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 12/9/1968 ( premiere US TV series episode "I Dream of Jeannie"::"How to Marry an Astronaut" ) is 1133 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 2/1/2003 is 2266 days

2266 = 1133 + 1133

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 12/9/1968 ( Lyndon Johnson - The President's Toast and Responses at a Dinner Honoring Members of the Space Program ) is 1133 days



From 10/18/1993 ( the launch of the US space shuttle Columbia orbiter vehicle mission STS-58 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-58 pilot astronaut and my 2nd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 2/1/2003 is 3393 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 2/16/1975 ( the United Kingdom Royal Navy warship HMS Sheffield D80 enters active service United Kingdom Royal Navy ) is 3393 days



From 3/15/1972 ( premiere US film "Slaughterhouse-Five" ) To 2/1/2003 is 11280 days

11280 = 5640 + 5640

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 4/12/1981 ( my biological brother United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan was the commander aboard the United States STS-1 Columbia spacecraft ) is 5640 days


http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/article/New-report-Doomed-astronauts-fought-to-save-1781475.php

Chron

New report: Doomed astronauts fought to save Columbia

Fliers' final moments on Columbia

Report details astronauts' efforts to save doomed shuttle and offers ways to avoid future losses of life

MARK CARREAU, Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle December 30, 2008

They were doomed already and did not know it.

Against all odds, the astronauts aboard the space shuttle Columbia tried to gain control of their shattered and tumbling ship in the seconds before they lost consciousness and died.

A pilot punched buttons on a control panel and tried to restart systems as the vessel — its heat shield shattered — violently spun, pitched and rolled some 200,000 feet above Texas, a little north of the Dallas area.

The crew performed courageously, trying to problem-solve their way to safety. But the Feb. 1, 2003, accident was not survivable, NASA said Tuesday in a new report that reconstructed the crash second by second and suggested changes to protect future crews. Within moments the crew was unconscious.

The detailed analysis of the craft's breakup and free fall by NASA's Spacecraft Crew Survival Investigative Team offered a sobering reminder of the hazards of human spaceflight.

Rick Husband, William McCool, Mike Anderson, Kalpana Chawla, David Brown, Laurel Clark and Israeli astronaut Ilan Ramon succumbed to violent trauma as the crew compartment snapped away from the shuttle's body, and the life-sustaining oxygen inside rushed out through small but growing breaches in the walls above and below them.










DSC05537.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2018 Spokane



DSC05536.jpg, Kerry Burgess 2018 Spokane








http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/21.htm

Tomorrow is Yesterday [ Star Trek television series episode ]

Original Airdate: 26 Jan, 1967

FLIGHT: Bluejay 4, you are ordered to close on the UFO. and attempt to force him to land. We want it brought down or at least disabled until the other planes arrive.

CHRISTOPHER: Acknowledged. Closing on target.

SPOCK: Positive identification, Captain. Aircraft is an interceptor, equipped with missiles, possibly armed with nuclear warheads. If he hits us with one, he might damage us severely, perhaps beyond our capacity to repair under current circumstances.

KIRK: Scotty, activate tractor beam. Lock onto that aircraft and hold it out there.

SPOCK: Captain, this type of aircraft might be too fragile to take our tractor beam.

SCOTT: Tractor beam on, sir. We have the target.

(The bright light of the tractor beam forces Captain Christopher to lower his visor)

SPOCK: Aircraft is breaking up, Captain.

KIRK; Transporter room. Can you lock onto the cockpit of that aircraft?

KYLE: Scanning area, sir.

KIRK: Try and beam that pilot aboard. Take over, Mister Spock.

[Transporter room]

(From his seated position strapped into his fighter, Captain Christopher is beamed aboard standing up.)

KIRK: Welcome aboard the Enterprise.

CHRISTOPHER: You speak English.

KIRK: That's right. You can step off the transporter

CHRISTOPHER: Captain John Christopher, United States Air Force. Serial number 4857932.

KIRK: Relax, Captain, you're among friends. I'm Captain James T. Kirk.

CHRISTOPHER: What's going on here? Where am I? What happened? You people, who are you?

KIRK: All in good time, Captain. Meanwhile, let me apologise for bringing you aboard the ship so abruptly, but it couldn't be helped. I didn't know that your craft couldn't stand up to our tractor beam.

CHRISTOPHER: Don't give me any double-talk. Just tell me who you are.

KIRK: We'll tell you what we decide to tell you in a few moments. In the meantime, relax. You're our guest. I have a feeling you'll find it interesting.

SPOCK: Bridge to Captain Kirk.

KIRK: Kirk here. What is it, Mister Spock?

SPOCK: The aircraft has completely broken up, Captain. Shall we turn off the tractor beam?



- posted by Kerry Burgess 03:10 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 10 July 2019