Sunday, July 14, 2019

July 4, 2033



http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/deep-space-homer-1381/trivia/

tv.com

The Simpsons Season 5 Episode 15

Deep Space Homer

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 24, 1994 on FOX

Quotes

Buzz Aldrin: So Barney, we hear you're kickin' ass.

Homer: I, uh, don't think this contest is over yet Buzz. If that is your real name. I believe there is still a little something called the swimsuit competition.

[ NASA Scientist: ] There's no swimsuit competition, Homer.








https://www.amazon.com/Ringworld-Larry-Niven-ebook/dp/B01513ZIL6

amazon

You purchased this item on July 12, 2019.

Ringworld

by Larry Niven (Author)

Kindle Edition



ringworld_pg-0_intro.jpg








http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/8.02_%22New_Order_Part_2%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI

Stargate SG-1

8.02 "New Order Part 2" (07/09/2004)

O'NEILL
You…going somewhere?

WEIR
As a matter of fact, the President has asked me to supervise the research of the Ancient Outpost. It's going to be a bit of a delicate situation, given all the various international claims already being made on the site.

O'NEILL
Sounds right up your alley.

WEIR
Yeah, well, much more so than this job.

O'NEILL
Does that mean Hammond will be coming back?

WEIR
No, General Hammond is being promoted. He'll be overseeing all things relating to Earth's defence on behalf of the Pentagon and Washington—the SGC, the 303 program, the Antartic site. Unofficially, it's being called, 'Homeworld Security'.

O'NEILL
Any idea who we're going to be stuck with?

WEIR
The Pentagon has convinced the President that there is one man who could run the SGC and make it politically viable, from an international perspective, despite the fact that he is part of the American military establishment.

O'NEILL
Do we know this…shrub?

WEIR
Well you know him rather well. Brigadier General Jack O'Neill.

O'NEILL
Me?

WEIR
Yeah, you.

O'NEILL
Brigadier. It's on my list.

WEIR
Congratulations.

O'NEILL
I should be clear.

[O'Neill stands.]

O'NEILL
I like the promotion, the paycheck and the parking spot. But I don't really wanna be in charge of anything. No.

WEIR
Well, sadly, all those things kind of go together. So I guess you have some thinking to do.

O'NEILL
I hate that.








https://hvom.blogspot.com/2019/06/youll-never-find-me-dullards.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess at 7:48 AM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

Thursday, June 27, 2019

You'll never find me, dullards!

I'm invisible to you now today.

[ excerpt ends Posted by Kerry Burgess June 27, 2019 ]








http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie7.html

Star Trek Generations (1994)

(from internet transcript)

[Enterprise Stellar Cartography]

DATA: According to our information, the ribbon is a conflux of temporal energy which travels through this galaxy every thirty-nine point one years. It will pass through this sector in approximately forty-two hours.








From 3/9/2009 ( premiere US film "Knowing" ) To 7/4/2033 ( --- ) is 8883 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/27/1990 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Navy documents includes: "TRAN 90FEB27" - while inport at anchor Monaco my permanent transfer from US Navy warship USS Wainwright CG 28 to Naval Station Charleston South Carolina for active duty separation processing and Honorable Discharge from active duty United States Navy ) is 8883 days



From 11/18/1976 ( Larry Niven "Ringworld" ) To 7/4/2033 ( --- ) is 20682 days

20682 = 10341 + 10341

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/24/1994 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Simpsons"::"Deep Space Homer" ) is 10341 days



From 2/21/1997 ( the landing of the US space shuttle Discovery orbiter vehicle mission STS-82 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut and my 4th official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 7/4/2033 ( --- ) is 13282 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/15/2002 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"48 Hours" ) is 13282 days



From 5/21/1948 ( Harry Truman - Statement by the President Upon Signing Bill Providing Funds for Military Aircraft ) To 1/21/2016 ( premiere US TV miniseries episode "Heroes Reborn"::series finale episode "Project Reborn" ) is 24716 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/4/2033 ( --- ) is 24716 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 7/4/2033 ( --- ) is 14129 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/9/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"New Order" ) is 14129 days



From 10/10/1982 ( premiere US TV series "Nature" ) To 7/4/2033 ( --- ) is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate ) is 9265 days



From 11/17/1994 ( premiere US film "Star Trek Generations" ) To 7/4/2033 ( --- ) is 14109 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/19/2004 ( NASA reports the discovery of asteroid Apophis ) is 14109 days








Ringworld

Larry Niven

Chapter 1 - Louis Wu

"This ship, then, is your ... fee, salary, what have you. You may observe its flight characteristics when we join the puppeteer migration. There you will learn what it is that we propose to explore."

Join the puppeteer migration ... "Count me in," said Louis Wu. The chance to see an entire sentient species on the move! Huge ships carrying thousands or millions of puppeteers each, whole working ecologies ...

"Good." The puppeteer stood up. "Our crew will number four.








Ringworld

Larry Niven

Chapter 2

(Puppeteer:) Our crew is not yet complete. My colleagues will call me when they have located a qualified fourth crewman.








Ringworld

Larry Niven

Chapter 2

"You are Teela Jandrova Brown, ident number IKLUGGTYN?"

The girl was startled, but not frightened. "That's my name. I don't remember my ident number. What's the problem?"

"We have been combing Earth for you for nearly a week. Now I find you at a gathering I reached only by chance! I will have harsh words for my agents."





"Oh no," Louis said softly.

Teela stood up somewhat awkwardly. "I haven't been hiding, not from you and not from any other -- extraterrestrial. Now, what's the problem?"

"Hold it!" Louis stepped between Nessus and the girl. "Nessus, Teela Brown obviously isn't an explorer. Pick someone else."

"But, Louis --"

"Just a moment." The kzin was sitting up. "Louis, let the herbivore choose his own team members."

"But look at her!"

"Look at yourself, Louis. Barely two meters long, slender even for a human. Are you an explorer? Is Nessus?"

"Just what the tanj is going on?" Teela demanded.

Urgently, Nessus said, "Louis, let us retire to your office. Teela Brown, we must make a proposal to you. You are under no obligation to accept, nor even to listen, but you may find our proposal interesting."

***

The argument continued in Louis's office. "She fits my qualifications," Nessus insisted. "We must consider her."

"She can't be the only one on Earth!"

"No, Louis. Not at all. But we have been unable to contact any of the others."

"Just what am I being considered for?"

The puppeteer started to tell her. It developed that Teela Brown had no interest in space, had never even been as far as the Moon, and had no intention of going beyond the borders of known space. The second quantum hyperdrive did not arouse her cupidity. When she started to look harassed and confused, Louis broke in again.

"Nessus, just what are the qualifications Teela fits so well?"

"My agents have been seeking the descendants of winners of the Birthright Lotteries."

"I quit. You're genuinely insane."

"No, Louis. My orders come from the Hindmost himself, from the one who leads us all. His sanity is not in question.









https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5700881/



https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5700881/



https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5700881/








album: "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" (2002)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/flaminglips/yoshimibattlesthepinkrobotspt1.html

AZ

The Flaming Lips

"Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. 1"

Her name is Yoshimi
She's a black belt in karate
Working for the city
She has to discipline her body

'Cause she knows that it's demanding
To defeat those evil machines
I know she can beat them
Oh Yoshimi they don't believe me
But you won't let those robots defeat me
Yoshimi they don't believe me
But you won't let those robots defeat me

Those evil-natured robots
They're programmed to destroy us
She's gotta be strong to fight them
So she's taking lots of vitamins
'Cause she knows that it'd be tragic
If those evil robots win
I know she can beat them

Oh Yoshimi they don't believe me
But you won't let those robots defeat me
Yoshimi they don't believe me
But you won't let those robots eat me
Yoshimi

'Cause she knows that it'd be tragic
If those evil robots win
I know she can beat them

Oh Yoshimi they don't believe me
But you won't let those robots defeat me
Yoshimi they don't believe me
But you won't let those robots defeat me
Yoshimi they don't believe me
But you won't let those robots eat me
Yoshimi they don't believe me
But you won't let those robots eat me
Yoshimi








Knowing (2009) Movie Script

(from internet transcript)

Professor John Koestler: We're going to pose a topic to get you thinking along the right lines for your term paper. It's the subject of randomness versus determinism in the universe. Who's jumping in? Jessica?

Jessica: Determinism says that occurrences in nature are causally decided by preceding events or natural laws, that everything leading up to this point has happened for a reason.

Professor John Koestler: That's right. That's what determinism says. Spencer? Tell me something about the sun.

Spencer: It's hot.

Professor John Koestler: Elaborate.

Spencer: Temperature's about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit on the surface, 27 million degrees at the core.

Professor John Koestler: Good. Stacey? A word or two about the composition.

Stacey: Mostly hydrogen. Also helium with some carbon and nitrogen thrown in there.

Professor John Koestler: Excellent. Now, I want you to think about the perfect set of circumstances that put this celestial ball of fire at just the correct distance from our little blue planet for life to evolve, making it possible for you to be sitting here in this riveting lecture. But that's a nice thought, right? Everything has a purpose, an order to it, is determined. But then there's the other side of the argument, the theory of randomness, which says it's all simply coincidence. The very fact we exist is nothing but the result of a complex yet inevitable string of chemical accidents and biological mutations. There is no grand meaning. There's no purpose.

Stacey: What about you, Professor Koestler?

Professor John Koestler: What?

Stacey: Well, what do you believe?

Professor John Koestler: I think shit just happens. But that's me. Class dismissed.








http://www.tv.com/shows/nature/the-flight-of-the-condor-1-1121517/

tv.com

Nature Season 1 Episode 1

AIRED: 10/10/82








Knowing (2009)

Quotes

Phil Bergman: We have to let everyone know. We have to call the NOAA.

Professor John Koestler: They already know. The announcement will come anytime now.









knowing_01h42m33s.jpg








http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/5.14_%2248_Hours%22_Transcript

Stargate WIKI

Stargate SG-1

"48 Hours" television series Season 5 episode 14 (03/15/2002)

OPENING CREDITS

INT—CONTROL ROOM

[Hammond climbs the stairs to the control room followed by O'Neill, Carter and Daniel. O'Neill is holding a pad to his right temple.]

HAMMOND
Colonel, are you okay?

O'NEILL
We've gotta go back, sir.

[Hammond stands behind Davis, who is manning the computer.]

HAMMOND
What was your situation?

CARTER
We were being pursued by gliders and an Alkesh.

O'NEILL
Teal'c was right with me.








Ringworld

Larry Niven

Chapter 3

"In twenty thousand years we'll have to evacuate every world you ever heard of, and probably a lot more."

"That's a long time. If we started now, we could do it with the ships we've got. Easily."

"You're not thinking. At three days to the light year, it would take one of our ships about six hundred years to reach the Clouds of Magellan."

"They could stop off to get more food and air ... every year or so."

Louis laughed. "Try talking anyone into that. You know what I think? When the light of the Core explosion starts shining through the dust clouds between here and the galactic axis, that's when everyone in human space is suddenly going to get terrified.








Ringworld

Larry Niven

Chapter 3

"Altruism is great, but you couldn't possibly be worried about something that's supposed to happen in twenty thousand years. Try again."

"Dammit, if you can be a hero, so can I! And you're wrong about Nessus. He'd back out of a suicide mission. And -- and why would the puppeteers want to know anything about us, or the kzinti either? What would they test us for? They're leaving the galaxy. They'll never have anything to do with us again."

No, Teela wasn't stupid. But -- "You're wrong. The puppeteers have excellent reasons for wanting to know all about us."

Teela's look dared him to back it up.

"We don't know much about the puppeteer migration. We do know that every able-bodied, sane-minded puppeteer now alive is on the move. And we know that they're moving at just below lightspeed. The puppeteers are afraid of hyperspace.

"Now. Traveling at just below lightspeed, the puppeteer fleet should reach the Lesser Cloud of Magellan in about eighty-five thousand years. And what do they expect to find when they get there?"

He grinned at her and gave her the punch line. "Us, of course. Humans and kzinti, at least. Kdatlyno and pierin and dolphins, probably. They know we'll wait until the last minute and then run for it, and they know we'll use faster-then-light drives.








Deep Space Homer [ The Simpsons ]

Original airdate in N.A.: 24-Feb-94

Homer is despondent that night at dinner.

Homer: Stupid carbon rod. It's all just a popularity contest!

Bart: Wow! Did you actually get to _see_ the rod?

Marge: Oh, I'm sorry, Homey.

Homer: [mournful] Nobody respects me at work.

Marge: Well _we_ respect you! [Bart writes "Insert Brain Here" on the back of Homer's head] [Lisa and Bart laugh] Bart, I told you, don't draw on your father's skull.

[Marge reads it and begins to chuckle]

Since everyone's laughing, Homer asks, "What does it say? I want to see!" He tries spinning around to see it, but only ends up falling on the ground and gasping as he continues to run in circles. The family's laughter tapers off slowly. Soon, they all groan.

Homer: Ah, TV respects me. It laughs _with_ me, not at me!

[Turns it on; a man points at him]

Man: You stupid -- [laughs uncontrollably]








album: "Sparkle & Fade" (1995)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/everclear/santamonica.html

AZ

Everclear

"Santa Monica"

I am still livin' with your ghost
Lonely and dreamin' of the west coast
I don't wanna be your downtime
I don't wanna be your stupid game

With my big black boots and an old suitcase
I do believe I'll find myself a new place

I don't wanna be the bad guy
I don't wanna do your sleepwalk dance anymore
I just wanna see some palm trees
I will try and shake away this disease

We can live beside the ocean
Leave the fire behind
Swim out past the breakers
Watch the world die

We can live beside the ocean
Leave the fire behind
Swim out past the breakers
Watch the world die

I am still dreamin' of your face
Hungry and hollow for all the things you took away
I don't wanna be your good time
I don't wanna be your fallback crutch anymore

Walk right out into a brand new day
Insane and risin' in my own weird way

I don't wanna be the bad guy
I don't wanna do your sleepwalk dance anymore
I just wanna feel some sunshine
I just wanna find some place to be alone

We can live beside the ocean
Leave the fire behind
Swim out past the breakers
Watch the world die

We can live beside the ocean
Leave the fire behind
Swim out past the breakers
Watch the world die

We can live beside the ocean
Leave the fire behind
Swim out past the breakers
Watch the world die

We can live beside the ocean
Leave the fire behind
Swim out past the breakers
Watch the world die

Yeah watch the world die
Yeah watch the world die
Yeah watch the world die
Yeah watch the world die



- posted by Kerry Burgess 1:38 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 14 July 2019