Tuesday, November 26, 2019

No longer No Snovember in Spokane


Difficult to tell if it's snowfall or just very heavy freezing fog.

I suspect the latter.

In Spokane, a November without accumulated snowfall in the historical record is rare but it does happen.

Recent news of the so-called cyclone bombogensis off the coast of Oregon got me thinking again about the big snow-storm of December 2008 around here. That year also featured a mild November and ended up with 97 inches of accumulated snowfall recorded officially.

I didn't live here in Spokane but that was one of those storms that affected Seattle too. I was living downtown at the Vermont. If I recall correctly, that was when I started going up to the roof-deck and sat there, with the Space Needle looming over me, that day watching the snow accumulate on my rain poncho.

That was 11 years ago. Back then my blog here had become so expansive I couldn't even get it to print out with Microsoft Word. Don't know how many pages it is now, got to be over a million pages by now. Impossible for me to comprehend how much a million pages actually is.

Often think to myself how I wish I had developed my amateur hobby with digital photography back then.









srtmc_11-26-2019_1.jpg

http://www.srtmc.org/



srtmc_11-26-2019_2.jpg



- posted by Kerry Burgess 01:02 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 11/26/2019