Friday, November 22, 2019

The Torment of Tantalus



Pilot Movie 1: The Six Million Dollar Man - DVD video

07 March 1973

00:51:18

Steve Austin: Look, I will not work for the OSO, period!

Oliver Spencer: Why? Why? Because you had an experience this afternoon that made you feel a little like, oh, some kind of a Frankenstein monster, eh? And now you hold the OSO responsible for those feelings simply because we gave you those two legs and that arm and that eye to see out of? That what you're talking about, eh? That's what you're feeling? Well, let's cut through this nonsense. We're pressed for time. If the OSO were an artillery outfit we would very simply pick up the telephone and call a foundry and have a cannon designed and built for us. We are not, however, an artillery outfit.









twitter_carlie-jo_11-22-2019_1.jpg

https://twitter.com/cupofcarliejo









the-man-in-the-gray-flannel-suit_00h00m28s.jpg



the-man-in-the-gray-flannel-suit_00h03m06s.jpg



the-man-in-the-gray-flannel-suit_00h15m22s.jpg



the-man-in-the-gray-flannel-suit_00h15m24s.jpg



the-man-in-the-gray-flannel-suit_00h15m26s.jpg



the-man-in-the-gray-flannel-suit_00h15m35s.jpg








Other posts by me, Kerry Burgess, on this topic

Stargate Atlantis - Outcast - television series Season 4 Episode 15 - Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 01, 2008 on Syfy

http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/outcast-1128814/

Episode Summary

After the death of his father, Sheppard returns to Earth where he learns that scientists have created a human-form Replicator that is now on the loose.

(from internet subtitle transcript of incomplete dialog)

ATLANTIS (City of The Ancients - Spaceship city). John Sheppard and Ronon Dex are walking along a corridor.

DEX: I watched it last night. There was hardly any fighting.

SHEPPARD: That's 'cause it's not about fighting.

DEX: Then why's it called "Blades of Glory"?





SHEPPARD: 'Cause it's about ... skate blades.

DEX: And this is a real sport? Men and women dancing around on ice?

SHEPPARD: Unfortunately.

DEX: Your planet's weird.

SHEPPARD: Mmm, you can say that again.








From 7/22/1992 ( George Bush - Executive Order 12812—Declassification and Release of Materials Pertaining to Prisoners of War and Missing in Action ) To 3/30/2007 ( ) is 5364 days

5364 = 2682 + 2682

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/7/1973 ( premiere US TV series pilot "The Six Million Dollar Man"::"The Moon and the Desert" ) is 2682 days



From 7/22/1992 ( George Bush - Nomination of Genta Hawkins Holmes To Be Director General of the Foreign Service ) To 3/30/2007 ( ) is 5364 days

5364 = 2682 + 2682

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/7/1973 ( premiere US TV series pilot "The Six Million Dollar Man"::"The Moon and the Desert" ) is 2682 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) To 3/30/2007 is 5916 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/13/1982 ( the rescue by US Park Police of survivors of Air Florida Flight 90 on the Potomac River in Washington DC ) is 5916 days



From 12/15/1954 ( premiere US TV series episode "Disneyland"::"Davy Crockett: Indian Fighter" ) To 3/30/2007 ( ) is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/25/1991 ( in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



From 5/8/1956 ( premiere US film "The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit" ) To 10/3/1997 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate SG-1":"The Torment of Tantalus" ) is 15123 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/30/2007 ( ) is 15123 days



From 2/22/1948 ( premiere US film "Oklahoma Badlands" ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and the end of Kerry Burgess the natural human being cloned from another human being ) is 15123 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/30/2007 ( ) is 15123 days



From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 3/30/2007 ( ) is 4292 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/3/1977 ( premiere US film "The Spy Who Loved Me" ) is 4292 days



From 1/20/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Don't Open Till Doomsday" ) To 6/16/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official records United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital includes: Date of Admission, psychiatric unit ) is 15123 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/30/2007 ( ) is 15123 days



Kerry Burgess, excerpt from my private journal: 03/30/07 11:41 AM
How the goddamned hell am I supposed to get anything done!!! Why the HELL CAN'T I GO HOME!!!!!!

03/30/07 11:44 AM
WHY THE FUCK AM I STILL HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03/30/07 11:54 AM
This has been one incredibly successful operation though, that is for certain.

March 31, 2007








Stargate Atlantis - Outcast - television series Season 4 Episode 15 - Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 01, 2008 on Syfy

(from internet subtitle transcript of incomplete dialog)

GATEROOM. John stands in front of the Stargate holding his bag as the Gate begins to dial out. He stands there alone for several seconds as the Gate continues to dial, then Ronon walks over and stands beside him holding a bag. John looks at him.

SHEPPARD: Where are you goin'?

DEX (without looking at him): With you.

(The Gate kawhooshes and Ronon heads towards it. John frowns, then follows him.)

WORMHOLE TRAVEL.

EARTH. Cars pull up the drive to a large house. Many people, all wearing black, are milling around outside the house. John – wearing a black suit and dark tie with a muted pattern on it – and Ronon – wearing black slacks and a dark jacket – get out of a car and walk towards the house.

DEX: Lot of people.

SHEPPARD: Yeah. The old man was pretty well connected.

(A man standing on the steps of the house is talking to some of the visitors but now walks towards John.)

DAVE (John Sheppard's brother): John.

SHEPPARD: Dave.

DAVE: I wasn't sure you were gonna make it.

(They shake hands.)

DAVE: It's good to see you. I contacted your unit commander at Peterson but sometimes those messages don't seem to reach you.








http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445934/releaseinfo

IMDb

Blades of Glory (2007)

Release Info

USA 30 March 2007








Pilot Movie 1: The Six Million Dollar Man - DVD video

07 March 1973

00:51:18

Steve Austin: Look, I will not work for the OSO, period!

Oliver Spencer: Why? Why? Because you had an experience this afternoon that made you feel a little like, oh, some kind of a Frankenstein monster, eh? And now you hold the OSO responsible for those feelings simply because we gave you those two legs and that arm and that eye to see out of? That what you're talking about, eh? That's what you're feeling? Well, let's cut through this nonsense. We're pressed for time. If the OSO were an artillery outfit we would very simply pick up the telephone and call a foundry and have a cannon designed and built for us. We are not, however, an artillery outfit. We do need a different kind of weapon. A weapon that is potentially far more destructive than a cannon. It must be mobile and self-propelled in the field, under any circumstances over any terrain. It must be able to reprogram itself in the field on the basis of new information and altered circumstances. It must have superior strength, stability, and utter dependability. Now those were our specifications.

Steve Austin: And I'm the result.

Oliver Spencer: You are the result.

Steve Austin: One robot.

Oliver Spencer: No, actually, we would've preferred a robot. A robot doesn't have emotional needs and responses. You do. We have you because you are the optimum compromise in the present state of technology, Mr. Austin. A cybernetic organism. Part machine, part human being. The cyborg. Yes, we've had to settle for that.

Steve Austin: [ with his natural left-hand violently back-hand slaps the crap out of Oliver Spencer ]

Oliver Spencer: Mr. Austin. We didn't order you into the lifting body you were testing. We didn't order it crashed. We merely picked up the pieces and unlike Humpty Dumpty put you back together again. In some ways I think even better than before.

Steve Austin: If only these feelings of mine wouldn't keep getting in the way, right?

Oliver Spencer: Yeah, something like that.

Steve Austin: You know, you're more of a robot than I am.








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 03/30/07 3:08 AM
A very detailed dream about being on a Luge course at an Olympic competition. I can remember that I made two timed runs through the course. I can remember very clearly the first part of the course going down a large hill and going very fast. But the weird part is that I was going backwards and that I had to make a 90-degree turn about half-way through the course, which was very tricky. There was a wall there at the turn that I would have hit if I hadn't got it right. I can remember making course adjustment to my sled as I was traveling backwards and approaching the turn that would be to my left as my back was to it and it was a turn that I couldn't even actually see. I can remember that my time was in the range of 13-something, which I guess means the course took me over 13 minutes. I had no idea if that was good enough time to earn a gold medal. Then I was back at the course start I guess to make a third run. But I didn't see any point to it so I went into some kind of nearby building to return my sled. But at that point, my sled was some kind of copper-colored rocket. There were three people in the room and one was Thedia. Another was a woman I remember as Donna, who was friend of Thedia's when we lived in that rented house on Dequincy in De Queen. I don't know who was the 3rd person as he was talking to Donna and had his back to me. I went back outside to make my third and final run and I remember that Donna was announcing my name over the PA but she kept getting my middle name wrong. First she called me Kerry Abner Burgess and then she called me Kerry Charlie Burgess, and she was saying something else but I think at the end, she just like the mike open and wasn't saying anything. I was at the start of the Luge course while she was talking and I was configuring my sled but now it included a chair from a kitchen table. It seemed that the chair would drag behind me on ropes. Instead of having the chair with its back flat to the ice while the legs were horizontal to the ice, the back of the chair was vertical to the ice while the legs were horizontal to the ice. Throughtout the dream, I have the indescribable sense of the blue sky, which I can almost visualize and which I could seen parts of the horizon of the sky and their is some indescribable notion connected to that visualization about jet aircraft.








Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 7:40 PM Saturday, May 28, 2011

Vantage

In the recent hour I started to wonder about the interstate highway number for the town of George in Washington State. Although I have driven an automobile through that area several times in interstate highway I-90 I had no idea what was even the range of numbers for that interstate exit. I started to wonder if the interstate exit number was "13-something."

I looked it up on the map and it is not "13-something" and is instead exit 149. So I started to wonder if there was anything at the "13-something" mileposts and there it was. The interstate highway I-90 exit 136 is for Vantage Washington. This is the point where the Vantage Bridge crosses off the Columbia River. And then when you are driving on the interstate towards the town of George which isn't very far away, you cross the river and then you make an almost ninety turn to the north.








Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 7:55 PM Saturday, May 28, 2011

CH-47 Chinook

Well, that would make sense. The Grumman C-2 Greyhound is designed to land on the short deck of an aircraft carrier and my time travel leap arrives at the past date 3 March 2003 on a table mesa near Ancient Lake. As best I can tell, that table mesa is about a quarter-mile long.

I might have dreamed those details because of how the C-2 Greyhound transports passengers and cargo to the aircraft carrier deck and, although I did not travel away from that table mesa on a C-2, the CH-47 Chinook helicopter is a tandem rotor configuration and it does have that rear tailgate similar to the C-2 Greyhound. That CH-47 Chinook is what flew in and landed on the table mesa and then a passenger came out to meet me in her bugsuit and shook my hand and then we flew off into the proverbial sunset where I then lived - will live - for 67 days in Bellevue Washington State.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 May 2011 excerpt ends]








http://www.time.com/time/pacific/magazine/20010416/starship.html

TIME

TIME PACIFIC

April 16, 2001 NO. 15

Starship

A floating fortress of warplanes and warriors, America's flagship is a mighty example of big-stick diplomacy

By STEVE WATERSON U.S.S. Constellation, Tasman Sea

A few kilometers out from the carrier, the twin-turboprop grumman c-2a Greyhound banks and dips as it lines up its approach. Two hundred and forty km east of Sydney, a month into its journey from San Diego to the Arabian Gulf, the 17-story-high U.S.S. Constellation is a reassuring sight, a dark mass against the gray expanse of the Tasman Sea. At least that's how it must appear to the pilots. To the cargo plane's rear-facing passengers, lacking windows to orient themselves, the maneuvers are detected by a nervous gyroscope in their stomachs as G-forces, like giant hands, first compress then lift them in their harnesses. The crewmen grin at their civilian visitors' discomfort. "You'll feel a bump as the tailhook catches," shouts Petty Officer Brian Anderson, "and as the aircraft stops you'll sink back into your seats." Rather mild words to describe the impact as the plane decelerates from more than 200km/h to rest in less than two seconds.

To the untutored eye, as the Greyhound's ramp is lowered, the 329-m flight deck of the Constellation ("Connie" to her crew) is a manic ballet of men and aircraft, danced to the scream copter rotors and spinning propellers. The smell of aviation fuel is carried on burning blasts of exhaust; specks of tire rubber sting exposed flesh as incoming fighters are snapped to a standstill by one of the four arrestor cables stretched across the deck.

Nine flights of ladders above, the choreographer of this apparent chaos stands alert but relaxed beside his swivel chair to the port side of the bridge, overlooking the bow catapult launcher, a broad circular wing mirror showing the planes landing behind him. He answers telephones, issues orders and corrections to his officers, all the while sustaining an enthusiastic running commentary for his guests.








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/26/07 6:40 AM
Why is this familiar? Today isn't the first time I have thought of that event and I don't understand that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21905008/displaymode/1168/rstry/21902983/rpage/1/

A U.S. Park Police helicopter pulls two people from the wreckage of the remains of the Air Florida jetliner after it fell into the Potomac River when it hit a bridge while taking-off from National Airport in Washington, Wednesday, Jan. 13, 1982. (AP Photo/Charles Pereira, Pool)

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 November 2007 excerpt ends]








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/26/07 7:16 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Florida_Flight_90

At approximately 4:20 p.m. EST, Eagle 1, a United States Park Police Bell 206L-1 Long Ranger helicopter, N2PP, based at the "Eagles Nest" at Anacostia Park in Washington, D.C. and manned by pilot Donald W. Usher and paramedic Melvin E. (Gene) Windsor arrived and began attempting to assist the survivors to shore. At great risk to themselves, the crew worked close to the river surface, at one time coming so close to the ice-clogged river that the helicopter's skids went beneath the surface of the water.

The helicopter crew lowered a line to survivors to tow them to shore. First to receive the line, Bert Hamilton, who was treading water about ten feet from the floating tail, took the single lifeline dangling beneath the chopper and passed it under his arms. The others watched while the helicopter carried him a hundred yards to the Virginia shore and returned. The helicopter pilot had to gently move the survivor across the ice, while avoiding the sides of the bridge and keeping an eye on the crowd.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 November 2007 excerpt ends]








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 01/21/08 12:18 AM
That scene of the Potomac, regarding the 1/13/1982 crash of the Air Florida flight that I am watching now on The Weather Channel, makes me think of a "Simpsons" episode, I think the one about "Marge's" fear of flying. That makes me wonder again whether I had something to do with the rescue of those survivors that day, as I was pondering a while back.

01/21/08 12:25 AM
That video showing a few of the survivors in the water and clinging to the wreckage reminds me the scene towards the end of the "Star Trek IV" movie where they are escaping from the "Klingon" ship that they crashed into the San Francisco bay.

01/21/08 12:27 AM
I feel bad for my wife Phoebe if she misses me half as much as I miss her.

01/21/08 12:36 AM
I sometimes wonder if I know, because I have known her for most of our lives, just how badly she misses me.

01/21/08 12:39 AM
I just cannot understand why I have to stay out here for so long. It just makes no goddamned sense.

01/21/08 12:47 AM
I do not want to lose her.








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 06/21/08 11:54 AM
In the hour or so after waking up, I was thinking again about possible conversations and events related to this experience or that occurred around the same time. I find myself thinking again that I was enjoying very much my day off at home with my wife Phoebe but I was called to rush to meet the helicopter as described in the text below so I could fly it to the river to rescue the survivors, although I did not explain to her why I had to leave. After I got back home to my wife Phoebe, I explained that President Reagan had personally invited us to spend the next weekend at Camp David with Nancy and him because he had called me in at such short notice. We got there the following weekend and we were talking with Ronald and Nancy and Ronald was explaining to Phoebe that he knows life in the military is difficult on marriages, especially new ones, and so he wanted to talk to us personally and thank us for giving up our day off together. He then explained that he had called me in to fly the helo that rescued the survivors. Phoebe had watched some of it on local news but did not think too much about whether that was me flying the helicopter. President Reagan went on to inform her that he had called me in because I was a military pilot for Special Operations, among my other activities which he did not elaborate on, such as U.S. Navy SEAL, and that it was good that she did not think too much about where I was at when something spectacular was on the news at the same time I was gone. He said something else about how he wanted me to fly that helicopter because I was the best helicopter pilot he knew of in the U.S. military but also because of the failed rescue attempt less than 2 years earlier in Iran. I then explained to my wife Phoebe that I had been one of the pilots on that operation and so she then understood why I was gone during that time. In the back of my mind, I knew that processes were in motion to bring her into the world of the CIA and these were the first steps. One of the important reasons at the beginning, before she established a career on her own merits, was so she would learn how to not give away and details about my activities that I did not want the enemy to know. My involvement in Operation Eagle Claw and that rescue flight on 1/13/1982 was the only activities I told her about. She might have learned of my other activities over time but I expected that could occur regardless of how much I tried to keep her from knowing.








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 06/21/08 11:54 AM

From 2/6/1911 ( Ronald Wilson Reagan ) to 4/1/1984 ( premiere TV movie "Flight 90: Disaster on the Potomac" ) is: 26718 days

26718 = 13359 + 13359

'1-33-59' ( my birth date US )


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087272/

Flight 90: Disaster on the Potomac (1984) (TV)

Release Date: 1 April 1984 (USA)

Plot Summary: Flight 90: Disaster on the Potomac is a true story based on the crash of Air Florida flight 90 on January 13, 1982 in Washington D.C.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 June 2008 excerpt ends]








from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 06/21/08 12:09 PM
"Go back to Iraq, dumbass." Is that what someone yelled from outside my window a few minutes ago?









google-maps_vantage-wa_i-90_exit-136_1.jpg









DSC00209.jpg, Kerry Burgess 09/26/2013.jpg








BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

4X01 - HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME

ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 04-APR-2008

(from internet transcript)

Starbuck: We're going the wrong way.








http://www.time.com/time/pacific/magazine/20010416/starship.html

TIME

TIME PACIFIC

April 16, 2001 NO. 15

Starship

A floating fortress of warplanes and warriors, America's flagship is a mighty example of big-stick diplomacy

a broad circular wing mirror showing the planes landing behind him. He answers telephones, issues orders and corrections to his officers, all the while sustaining an enthusiastic running commentary for his guests.








http://www.tv.com/shows/the-outer-limits-1963/dont-open-till-doomsday-21547/trivia/

tv.com

The Outer Limits - Original Season 1 Episode 17

Don't Open Till Doomsday

Aired Jan 20, 1964 on ABC

Quotes

Control Voice: (opening narration) The greatness of evil lies in its awful accuracy. Without that deadly talent for being in the right place at the right time evil must suffer defeat. For unlike its opposite good, evil is allowed no human failings, no miscalculations. Evil must be perfect or depend upon the imperfections of others.








http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/1.11_%22The_Torment_Of_Tantalus%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI

Stargate SG-1 - The Torment Of Tantalus - season 1 episode 11 - Friday 03 October 1997

Doctor Daniel Jackson
Yes, we're taking you home.

ERNEST
So much time. Did no one try again?

DANIEL
That's a long story. Are there other people here? No one else lives here? How 'bout nearby?

[Ernest looks at him forlornly and hands Daniel a piece of food.]

DANIEL
Are you saying you've been completely alone here for fifty years?

[Ernest nods 'yes'.]



- posted by Kerry Burgess 4:54 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 11/22/2019