I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.
If this is the first blog-post by me you're reading then you are galactically uninformed.
This Is What I Think.
Sunday, August 02, 2026
Today is 08/02/2026
fast-times-at-ridgemont-high_00h52m06s - Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
1983-09-01_1-3
1983-09-01_1-1
1983-09-01_1-2
From 1/4/1948 ( ) To 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) is 6512 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/1/1983 ( ) is 6512 days
posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:59 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 22 February 2013
From 1/4/1948 ( Naomi ) To 11/14/1948 ( Charles the Prince of Wales ) is 315 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/13/1966 ( premiere US TV series "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." ) is 315 days
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=24548191&PIpi=9370394
Find A Grave
J Wayne Burgess
http://image1.findagrave.com/photos/2008/46/24548191_120317602652.jpg
BURGESS
NAOMI A.
JAN. 4, 1948
J. WAYNE
APR. 9, 1946
AUG. 4, 1985
MARRIED NOV. 25, 1980
24548191_120317602652 .jpg, from internet
From 4/21/1926 ( Britain's {1952-2022} Queen Elizabeth II - for me after 05/10/2006: my biological genetic paternal grandmother, along with Prince Philip ) to 1/4/1948 ( ) is 7928 days
7928 = 3964 + 3964
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) to 9/9/1976 ( debut of JVC HR-3300 VIDSTAR - the world's first VHS-based VCR ) is 3964 days
1983-09-01_2-1
https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/statement-the-soviet-attack-korean-civilian-airliner
Top Gun (1986)
US Navy lieutenant junior grade Nick "Goose" Bradshaw - US Navy F-14 Tomcat Radar Intercept Officer: I really enjoyed that, Mav, thanks a lot. Holy shit. Maybe I could learn how to be a truck driver. Mav, you have the number of that truck driving school we saw on TV? Truck Master, I think it is. I might need that.
From 1/4/1948 ( Wayne Burgess's third wife and my step-mother ) To 1/20/1989 ( Ronald Reagan, 40th president of USA federal government 1981-1989: {predictable final day as president of USA federal government} Letter to George Bush ) is 14992 days
14992 = 7496 + 7496
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/12/1986 ( ) is 7496 days
From 1/13/1961 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Back There" ) To 7/23/1981 ( ) is 7496 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/12/1986 ( ) is 7496 days
From 7/20/1955 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Passport to Danger"::"Teheran" ) To 5/12/1986 ( ) is 11254 days
11254 = 5627 + 5627
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/30/1981 ( Ronald Reagan, presently 40th president of USA federal government 1981-1989, seriously wounded by gunfire in a near-fatal assassination attempt ) is 5627 days
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/releaseinfo
IMDb
Top Gun (1986)
Release Info
USA 12 May 1986 (New York City, New York) (premiere)
Full Cast & Crew
Tom Cruise ... Maverick
expanding
From 3/30/1981 ( ) To 10/7/2001 ( the United States invasion of Afghanistan ) is 7496 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/12/1986 ( ) is 7496 days
The Twilight Zone s02e13
"Back There"
(from internet transcript)
Wellington? There's no one here by that name.
Don't tell me there's no one here by that name.
He brought me here.
He lives in this room.
There's no one here by that name.
I tell you, the man who brought me here's na "j.w.b." Of course.
Mr. John wilkes booth, who lives in this room.
And that's who brought you here.
He told me his name was wellington.
And that's why he drugged me.
He gave me wine, and he drugged me.
He didn't want me to stop it.
He's the one who's going to do it.
You've got to get to that theater.
You've got to stop him.
Top Gun (1986)
Quotes
Cosplay Charlie: Excuse me, Lieutenant. Is there something wrong?
Cosplay Maverick: Yes ma'am, the data on the MiG is inaccurate.
Charlie: How's that, Lieutenant?
Maverick: Well, I just happened to see a MiG-28...
Goose: We!
Maverick: ...do a... Sorry, Goose. *We* happened to see a MiG-28 do a 4G negative dive.
Charlie: Where did you see this?
Maverick: Uh, that's classified.
Charlie: It's what?
Maverick: It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Charlie: Lieutenant, I have Top Secret clearance. The Pentagon sees to it that I know more than you.
Maverick: Well, ma'am, it doesn't seem so in this case, now, does it?
by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/07/2024 7:27 PM
There's no way for me to ever find out
I will never know if that calendar-day was 07/23/1981
Camp Couchdale
Summer Camp when I was selected to represent Ashdown, Arkansas, at a camp with students from across the state
One night, that summer of year 1981, the organizers gathered us into a large room for a dance
I will never know the precise calendar-day that happened
IMDb
Superman (1978)
Quotes
Jonathan Kent: Been showing off a bit, haven't you, son?
Young Clark Kent: [going over to Jonathan] Um... I didn't mean to show off, Pop. It's just that, guys like that Brad, I just want to tear him apart.
Jonathan Kent: Yeah, I know, I know.
Young Clark Kent: And I know I shouldn't...
Jonathan Kent: Yeah, I know, you can do all these amazing things and sometimes you feel like you will just go bust unless you can tell people about them.
Young Clark Kent: Yeah. I mean every time I get the football I can make a touchdown. Every time! I mean, is it showing off if somebody's doing the things he's capable of doing? Is a bird showing off when it flies?
Jonathan Kent: No, no. Now, you listen to me. When you first came to us, we thought people would come and take you away because, when they found out, you know, the things you could do... and that worried us a lot. But then a man gets older, and he starts thinking differently and things get very clear. And one thing I do know, son, and that is you are here for a *reason*. I don't know whose reason, or whatever the reason is... Maybe it's because... uh... I don't know. But I do know one thing. It's *not* to score touchdowns. Huh?
[they laugh]
Young Clark Kent: Thanks, Dad.
IMDb
Superman (1978)
Quotes
Jor-El: [at the Fortress of Solitude] So, my son. Speak.
Young Clark Kent: Who am I?
Jor-El: Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human, you are not one of them. You have great powers, only some of which you have as yet discovered.
Encyclopaedia Britannica
Harvey Fletcher
AMERICAN PHYSICIST
Harvey Fletcher, (born Sept. 11, 1884, Provo, Utah, U.S.—died July 23, 1981, Provo), U.S. physicist, a leading authority in the fields of psychoacoustics and acoustical engineering.
Fletcher graduated from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, in 1907 and received a Ph.D. in physics from the University of Chicago in 1911. In 1916 he joined the staff of Bell Telephone Laboratories, where he worked for 33 years, primarily in the fields of speech, music, and hearing. Much of his work on the fundamentals of psychoacoustics is described in his book Speech and Hearing (1922).
Fletcher’s research group developed and demonstrated two separate but related methods for reproducing sound: binaural sound reproduction and stereophonic reproduction. He and his team gave the first public demonstration of stereophonic sound in 1934 in New York City.
Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 5:54 AM Friday, November 30, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereo
Stereophonic sound, commonly called stereo, is the reproduction of sound, using two or more independent audio channels, through a symmetrical configuration of loudspeakers, in such a way as to create a pleasant and natural impression of sound heard from various directions, as in natural hearing. It is often contrasted with monophonic (or "monaural", or just mono) sound, where audio is in the form of one channel, often centered in the sound field (analogous to a visual field).
From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates ) To 7/23/1981 ( ) is 6582 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1983 ( ) is 6582 days
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/8201141/History-of-Windows-a-blast-from-the-past.html
The Telegraph
Windows 1.01 (1985) - History of Windows: a blast from the past
Bill Gates and Paul Allen officially announced their Microsoft Windows graphical user interface on November 10, 1983. The first version was called Windows 1.01 but was almost named Interface Manager until marketing manager Rowland Hanson convinced Bill Gates to change it. Windows 1.01 was released on November 20, 1985.
from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:
by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: From: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:24 PM
To: Kerry Burgess
Subject: Re: Journal May 27, 2006
Went to Camp Couchdale in the summer of '81, after graduating 9th grade.
top-gun-1986_00h-24m-08s - Top Gun (1986)
top-gun-1986_00h-24m-38s - Top Gun (1986)
top-gun-1986_00h-24m-51s - Top Gun (1986)
top-gun-1986_00h-25m-03s - Top Gun (1986)
album: "Eliminator" (1983)
ZZ Top
"Legs"
Girl, you got it right
Ooh
She got legs
She knows how to use them
She never begs
She knows how to choose them
fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982_01h-07m-37s - Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
Top Gun (1986)
(from internet transcript)
Pete Mitchell: I came in here to save you... from making a big mistake with that older guy.
Charlotte Blackwood: Really? So I could make a bigger one with a young guy like yourself?
From 1/11/1959 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Twentieth Century"::"Jet Carrier" ) To 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe Cates are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) is 7496 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/12/1986 ( ) is 7496 days
_DSC00936
Three Days of the Condor (1975)
(from internet transcript)
Why aren't you further along?
With the Company, sir?
You seem perfect for it. Are you perfect for it, Mr. Higgins?
IMDb
Three Days of the Condor (1975)
Quotes
[Wabash talks about his entry into the US intelligence field]
Mr. Wabash: I go even further back than that. Ten years after The Great War, as we used to call it. Before we knew enough to number them.
Higgins: You miss that kind of action, sir?
Mr. Wabash: No, I miss that kind of clarity.
dsc00504_
Red Storm Rising (1986) - by Tom Clancy, author
excerpt, Chapter 13. – The Strangers Arrive and Depart
AACHEN, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY
"Siegfried Baum" awoke six hours later to see three men wearing surgical garb. The effect of the anesthesia still heavy on him, his eyes could not focus properly.
"How are you feeling?" one asked. In Russian.
"What happened to me?" The major answered in Russian.
Ach so. "You were struck by a car and you are now in a military hospital," the man lied. They were still in Aachen, near the German-Belgian frontier.
"What . . . I was just coming out to-" The major's voice was that of a drunken man, but it stopped abruptly. His eyes tried to focus properly.
"It is all finished for you, my friend." Now the speaker switched to German. "We know you are a Soviet officer, and you were found in possession of classified government documents. Tell me, what is your interest in Lammersdorf?"
"I have nothing to say," replied "Baum" in German.
"A little late for that," the interrogator chided, switching back to Russian. "But we'll make it easy for you. The surgeon tells us that it is now safe to try a new, ah, medication for you, and you will tell us everything you know. Be serious. No one can resist this form of questioning. You might also wish to consider your position," the man said more harshly. "You are an officer in the army of a foreign government, here in the Federal Republic illegally, traveling with false papers, and in possession of secret documents. At the least, we can imprison you for life. But, given what your government is doing at the moment, we are not concerned with 'least' measures. If you cooperate you will live, and probably be exchanged back to the Soviet Union at a later date for a German agent. We will even say that we got all our information due to the use of drugs; no harm could possibly come to you from this. If you do not cooperate, you will die of injuries received in a motor accident."
"I have a family," Major Andre Chernyavin said quietly, trying to remember his duty. The combination of fear and drug-induced haze made a hash of his emotions. He couldn't tell there was a vial of sodium pentothol dripping into his IV line, and already impairing his higher brain functions. Soon he would be unable to consider the long-term consequences of his action. Only the here and now would matter.
dsc00506_
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
4X02 - SIX OF ONE
ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 11-APR-2008
(from internet transcript)
Basestar Conference Room
Natalie: We want you to stop lobotomizing the Raiders, Cavil.
Cavil: Raiders with free will? Not going to happen... Do you know what just really rankles my ass? You've been pointing fingers, falsely accusing me of manipulation just short of tyranny, when you're the one that's been leading the charge here.
Natalie, arms crossed: We want you to stop.
Cavil: You're not in charge. We had a vote.
Natalie: For the last time: Will you stop lobotomizing the Raiders?
Cavil, to Simon: It's unbelievable, isn't it? Unbelievable. (To Natalie) For the last time, no.
Natalie: I was afraid you'd say that. Come in.
Cavil, as Centurions enter the room: This is cute. Centurions can't vote, Six.
Natalie: Oh, they're not here to vote, Cavil.
- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 1:53 PM Pacific-timezone USA Sunday 08/02/2026












