I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.
If this is the first blog-post by me you're reading then you are galactically uninformed.
This Is What I Think.
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Today is 08/18/2026
by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/18/2026 1:42 PM
Is there not a point where it become so profoundly obvious to me a simple truth?
The simple truth: what a profound waste of time this is
Sure. Oh, sure, it is something I have said for over 22 years now: what a profound waste of time this is.
As I compose this note in my mind today: what a profound waste of time this is.
Maybe this time.
This note began with a single point: that new Samsung phone.
I am not a phone user.
When this all started for me, this blog, this profound waste of time, Facebook was barely even known.
For me, this period of profound isolation began on February 7, 2004.
Instagram didn't come along until year 2010.
I was an early adopter of the underlying technology back in the 1990s. A computer networking specialist, I was showing it to customers because I was looking at Windows CE for me to use for the custom solutions I develop. There was no wireless connectivity and the physical Ethernet connection was a thick, credit-card size card that slid into the chassis and connected with a RJ45.
Today, I am looking at that phone on Amazon and I just cannot believe anyone would actually spend $2300 for a phone.
Sure, it looks cool as freaking hell, being a foldable screen.
But what can you do with a $2300 phone?
Android sucks. You can't play any client-side GPU-intensive games on it I know of. If you're a Facebook- or Twitter-zombie, then sure, knock yourself out. The camera is rated at 200 MP but I am wondering how that stacks up in terms of quality with a Sony Alpha.
You gullible rubes are being set-up by that lameoid Sam Altman to become dim-wit nodes because you imbecile swallowed their bait that your computer can actually think for itself. FACT: it cannot.
So now I am looking closer at that Samsung phone. I look for its release date and I see I made other observations about that same day.
What do you actually learn from the time you spend reading for free this note from me? Well, I don't know.
Some of these details I don't post here again the full explanation and others I don't explain at all.
That's why those scumbags are stealing my privacy. They're crooks but they're not dumb-crooks like those Flock camera scumbags. They don't have to stop because they can.
2026-08-07_3-1
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
SPOCK: Captain, the intruder has been attempting to communicate. ...Frequency more than one million megahertz, and at such high rate of speed their entire message lasts only a millisecond.
SPOCK: I am now programming our computer to transmit linguacode at their frequency and rate of speed. ...Commander
KIRK: Spock!
SULU: Here it comes!
KIRK: Engineering, ...what's happening to our forcefields?
[Enterprise engineering]
SCOTT: Our shields cannot handle another attack!
[Enterprise bridge]
KIRK: Mister Spock? ...Spock!
ILIA: Fifteen seconds,...
KIRK: Spock! Transmit now!
ILIA: ...ten seconds.
DECKER: Transmitting.
KIRK: It would seem that our friendship messages have been received and understood, Mister Spock.
SPOCK: I would say that was a logical assumption, Captain
ILIA: One minute, thirty seconds to Cloud boundary.
SPOCK: Captain, we are obviously confronted by a highly advanced mentality, ...yet they cannot understand who we are, or what we want.
KIRK: And yet it would seem that they understand our messages. They broke off the attack.
DECKER: They may have attacked only as a warning to us, Captain, to keep away.
SPOCK: That would presuppose a feeling, Commander, ...compassion. I sensed no emotion, only ...pure logic.
From 4/21/2025 ( ) To 8/7/2026 ( ) is 473 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/18/1967 ( biographical - Julius Robert Oppenheimer dead ) is 473 days
by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/07/2026 12:53 PM
Today is the very first time I thought to check for Plur1bus on Instagram. Turns out they made a new post there today about 4 hours ago.
He speaks of the influence on him from tv-series The Twilight Zone so you know what that means I must do.
2026-08-07_2-1
From 10/2/1959 ( premiere USA TV series "The Twilight Zone"::series premiere "Where Is Everybody?" ) To 7/6/2020 ( ) is 22193 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/7/2026 ( ) is 22193 days
the-twilight-zone_season1-ep1_00h06m36s
the-twilight-zone_season1-ep1_00h07m46s
the-twilight-zone_season1-ep1_00h08m28s
2020-07-06_0-e
twitter_morgan-trau-krem_07-06-2020_1
Me at the zoo
From Wikipedia
"Me at the zoo" is the first video that was uploaded to YouTube, on April 23 2005, 8:31:52 p.m. PDT, which is April 24, 2005 at 3:31:52 a.m. UTC.
pluribus_s1e1-2025_00h-47m-37s
IMDb
Scanners (1981)
Quotes
Cameron Vale: You called me a scanner. What is that?
Paul Ruth: Freak of nature
- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 2:12 PM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 08/18/2026




