This Is What I Think.

Friday, August 14, 2026

Today is 08/14/2026





by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/14/2026 6:17 PM

The point of this note:

Strikes me that thoughts in my mind caused me to discover this association described in this note

Tangential connections that are not causing each other to happen

First: the thought to examine my original work for the date 08/01/2026 and a new thought in my mind: The Peripheral episode that 08/01/2026 made me start thinking about today. That Peripheral episode being just another random thought today.

That examination resulted in a detail I have reported about before

So it was The Peripheral episode and events from two weeks ago and that I only began to think of minutes earlier from now

That led me back to 2/5/1962. Have not found a complete source of the transcript so referencing the details I referred to earlier on other topics.

That made me think of a plot detail from today's newest episode of "Silo". Hours earlier today, paused it at the hangar scene at 20 minutes into the episode and watching remainder this evening.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 12/27/2022 2:38 AM

What makes this seem compelling to me, a detail I've never seen that device commit before I first observed it on 12/26/2022, compelling because I had only hours earlier that same day, for the first time, read

"one spooky-ass Bible verse" in William Gibson's book, with other compelling observations reported here by me that calendar-day

I would like to think the savage human-race is ready for such intrique but I know you childish, superstitious shaved-ape-monkeys are not ready.



The Peripheral (The Jackpot Trilogy)

Chapter 79. The Jackpot

So now, in her day, he said, they were headed into androgenic, systemic, multiplex, seriously bad shit, like she sort of already knew, figured everybody did,



The Peripheral (The Jackpot Trilogy)

Chapter 79. The Jackpot

except for people who still said it wasn't happening, and those people were mostly expecting the Second Coming anyway.



The Peripheral (The Jackpot Trilogy)

Chapter 79. The Jackpot

So everything, however deeply fucked in general, was lit increasingly by the new, by things that made people blink and sit up, but then the rest of it would just go on, deeper into the ditch.



while Wilf told her it killed 80 percent of every last person alive, over about forty years.










the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-49m-22s
the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-49m-28s
the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-49m-30s
the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-51m-34s
the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-51m-39s
the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-51m-53s
the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-51m-58s
the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-52m-03s
the-peripheral_s1e4-2022_00h-52m-07s









From 2/5/1962 ( ) To 11/4/2022 ( ) is 22187 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/1/2026 ( ) is 22187 days









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15576568/

IMDb

The Peripheral

S1.E4

Jackpot

Episode aired November 4, 2022









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt39182946/

IMDb

Silo

S3.E7

Radio

Episode aired August 14, 2026









https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1987/03/15/reagan-was-forgetting-25-years-ago-as-well/53286eb4-4e8e-4156-9e11-f2495192d5c6/?utm_term=.7865d71347b8

The Washington Post

REAGAN WAS FORGETTING 25 YEARS AGO, AS WELL

By Dan E. Moldea March 15, 1987

WHEN PRESIDENT Reagan says that he has forgotten important details about the Iran-contra affair, there is ample precedent for his inability to recall key events. On Feb. 5, 1962 -- the day before his 51st birthday -- he appeared as a witness before a federal grand jury in Los Angeles.

"I don't want to appear as though I am trying deliberately to be vague," Reagan said, responding to questions about some of the most important events of his term as president of the Screen Actors Guild. "But, as I say, I would like you to realize in my history of holding an office with the guild, my memory is like a kaleidoscope of meetings, that I am sure if I sat down with someone and started in, I could then recall the details . . . ."

The grand jury was investigating possible criminal misconduct as a part of an anti-trust probe and never charged Reagan with any crimes. But the testimony gives a fascinating look at Ronald Reagan under an investigator's sharp questioning.

Reagan had been the president of the guild in 1952, when it was against contractual agreements with the guild for talent agencies to produce television shows. According to guild documents, he supported an exclusive waiver for MCA, the talent agency which represented him. The waiver was granted in 1952 and renewed in 1954.

Guild by-laws prohibited agencies from employing their own clients in such productions. After that restriction was waived by a unanimous vote of the SAG board, Reagan benefited financially and professionally. MCA arranged appearances in Las Vegas and a job as host of "The General Electric Theater," MCA's flagship program. This relationship led to investigation by the FBI and the Justice Department's antitrust division. Reagan's personal agent, who had negotiated a seven-year, million-dollar contract with Warner Brothers for actor Reagan in 1942, was Lew Wasserman, who in 1962 was president of MCA. Today Wasserman is chairman of MCA's board.

Federal antitrust division attorney John Fricano questioned Reagan about the relationship between MCA and the Screen Actors Guild. Indirectly addressing the subject, Fricano asked, "Which company, whether a member of the Alliance (of Television Film Producers) or not, was the first to capitulate with respect to repayment for reruns?"

Reagan replied, "There you have me. I wouldn't know where we cracked that and if you tell me I'll have to take your word for it."

"Well, you were president of Screen Actors Guild in 1952, were you not?"

"Yes."

"This was a very important matter," Fricano continued, "which Screen Actors Guild was taking up and it was the most important point of the guild?"

Fricano unsuccessfully attempted to jog Reagan's memory and then broached the subject of the MCA waiver. Reagan asked when the action was taken. Fricano replied, "July 1952."

Reagan said, "Well, maybe the fact that I married in March of 1952 and went on a honeymoon had something to do with my being a little bit hazy."

"I'm glad you raised that point. If we might digress, who is your wife?"

"Nancy Davis."

"Was she a member of the board of directors of SAG in 1952?"

"Yes."

"Do you recall any other unusual or momentous events in 1952 with respect to SAG's relations with one or more TV film production companies?"

"Well, now what kind of events?"

"In 1952 when you were president of the Screen Actors Guild, did not the Screen Actors Guild grant to MCA what is known in the trade as a blanket or unlimited waiver to produce TV films?"










silo_s3e7-2026_00h-05m-02s
silo_s3e7-2026_00h-05m-05s
silo_s3e7-2026_00h-05m-07s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 6:44 PM Pacific-timezone USA Friday 08/14/2026