This Is What I Think.

Friday, August 21, 2026

Today is 08/21/2026





Pete Hegseth

From Wikipedia

In September 2025, Hegseth gathered the Department of Defense's senior military leaders to Quantico, Virginia, for an address calling for tighter fitness standards and opposition to "woke garbage"










2025-09-30_1-3









excerpt

https://www.yahoo.com/news/articles/generals-admirals-fly-home-enemies-023715903.html

Yahoo! News

The Bulwark

As Our Generals and Admirals Fly Home, Our Adversaries Watch and Wait

Mark Hertling

Thu, September 25, 2025 at 7:37 PM PDT

WHEN I SAW THE NEWS that Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth had ordered all U.S. military flag officers (generals and admirals) to gather at the Marine base in Quantico, Virginia, next week along with their senior enlisted advisors, my first response was disbelief. Not disbelief that the secretary of defense might want to deliver a strong message to the senior leaders of the force, but disbelief at the method.

In my forty years in uniform, I never saw anything like it. While senior leaders have been recalled to Washington to meet with the secretary of defense during all our wars, never once did a secretary summon all of the hundreds of one- to four-stars from each of the services, plus their top enlisted counterparts, from every corner of the globe to a single auditorium. Not during the Cold War, not during Desert Storm, not during the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not Rumsfeld, not Gates, not Panetta, not Mattis, not Austin.

They likely didn’t do it because it is disruptive. It is expensive. And it is unnecessary.









Google: hegseth "september 30, 2025"

On September 30, 2025, U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth delivered a sweeping, high-profile speech to hundreds of top generals and admirals summoned to Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia.









SAT 10/19/1991

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Gates wins panel's OK handily/CIA nominee still faces bitter debate before full Senate

ANA PUGA, Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau Staff

WASHINGTON -- Robert Gates on Friday easily won the recommendation of the Senate Intelligence Committee to be CIA chief









From 10/15/1999 ( ) To 9/30/2025 ( ) is 9482 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/19/1991 ( ) is 9482 days









Stargate SG-1

"Past and Present"

TV-series season 3 episode 11, 10/15/1999

(from internet transcript)

KE'RA
(to Daniel)
All debts have now been paid.

[She strokes his face.]

DANIEL
I'll come back after I've had the chance to speak with your people.

[He starts to walk away.]

KE'RA
I shall miss you, Daniel.

[He stops, then continues walking.]

[After a moment, he halts and runs back to Ke'ra's room, throwing open the door.]

DANIEL
You've taken the antidote.

KE'RA
Leave Daniel.

[He moves into the room, quietly closing the door behind him. Ke'ra is holding two vials in her hands.]

DANIEL
You said all debts have now been paid. That was the message Linea left behind.

KE'RA
Was it?

DANIEL
(sharply)
Did you take the antidote?

KE'RA
I had to know, Daniel! I didn't believe you!









From 6/12/1946 ( premiere USA film "Somewhere in the Night" ) To 5/10/2006 ( referenced in text here: Kerry Burgess - journal, Wednesday, May 10, 2006 ) is 21882 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/30/2025 ( ) is 21882 days










somewhere-in-the-night_00h06m35s - Somewhere in the Night (1946)
somewhere-in-the-night_00h06m58s - Somewhere in the Night (1946)
somewhere-in-the-night_00h07m06s
somewhere-in-the-night_00h07m12s - Somewhere in the Night (1946)










somewhere-in-the-night_00h06m58s (2) - Somewhere in the Night (1946)
somewhere-in-the-night_00h06m36s - Somewhere in the Night (1946)
somewhere-in-the-night_00h10m42s - Somewhere in the Night (1946)
somewhere-in-the-night_00h12m16s - Somewhere in the Night (1946)
somewhere-in-the-night_00h12m02s - Somewhere in the Night (1946)









by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess: October 18, 2024

The channel 4 KOMO tv news studio is across the street from the Space Needle in downtown Seattle

On May 9, 2006, as I watched the tv from a few miles away, the weather guy gesturing to a video image on the sidewalk below where he was standing and there was a guy standing there on the sidewalk with a canvas on an easel and he seemed to be painting a picture of the Space Needle across the street from him

The next morning, May 10, 2006, I awoke in that grungy homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle and I knew with absolute certainty everything I remember about my past was wrong.

Originally, after that day US Senator Patty Murray had her photo-op at the USA Veterans Affairs hospital in Seattle, where I was being escorted by social-workers hurriedly out a door on a different side of the building, those same gals seemingly distressed by the presence of the senator, they dropped me off a senior-citizens home named Theodora and eventually I was allowed to stay at the Shoreline Homeless Veterans shelter a few miles away. They kicked me out of there to that less-comfortable but clean, old place in downtown Seattle because I did not want to settle in and conform with a plan they knew only to work, mostly unsuccessfully in my view, for those people too weak to be anything other than substance and alcohol abusers. I had a real problem. Other than those losers they worked with, I had a real problem and it was not a problem I created for myself. All I can guess is that my presence gave other people the authority to justifiably assess the operation of that place I was staying. And those people working there didn't like that. It's some sort of complex, multi-faceted operation and it culminates with me - finally - getting to do what I have been selected to do. And prepare to be amazed when that finally happens.

May 10, 2006.

There has not been one single since then I have not sat here at a desk and tried to understand what happened to me.









Star Trek

"A Taste of Armageddon"

Original Airdate: 23 Feb, 1967

(from internet transcript)

ANAN: What do you want, Captain?

Captain KIRK: I want to contact my ship. Where are my communicators?

ANAN: In a safe place.

KIRK: You take a lot of chances, Councilman.

ANAN: You're worried about your ship, Captain. I'm trying to save a world.

KIRK: If I were you, I'd think about saving my life.

ANAN: Won't you have a drink, Captain?

(Kirk pours himself a slug of trova, and as he turns his back, Anan presses concealed buttons.)

ANAN: And then we can discuss our differences.

KIRK: I'm not interested in discussing our differences. You don't seem to realise the risk you're taking. We don't make war with computers and herd the casualties into suicide stations. We make the real thing









From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/23/1967 ( ) is 478 days

956 = 478 + 478

From 2/17/2023 ( ) To 9/30/2025 ( ) is 956 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted on the internet by me: 12:08 PM February 17, 2023

Kerry Wayne Burgess @hvom2022

https://imdb.com/title/tt4520928/

IMDb

12 Monkeys

S2.E1

Year of the Monkey

Episode aired Apr 4, 2016

Watching on Hulu



12 Monkeys (2015) s02e01

"Year of the Monkey"

What happened?

She reconfigured the sequence. She splintered only part of him.

I warned you.

Fix this.

I can't access the terminal. She encrypted it.



12 Monkeys (2015) s02e01

"Year of the Monkey"

Unlock the system.

Did you really think I would just hand over my machine to you? I guess there's a reason you call yourselves monkeys.



12 Monkeys (2015) s02e01

"Year of the Monkey"

Dr. Katarina Jones: [laughing] So who's next?



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 04:33 AM Pacific-timezone USA Friday 08/21/2026