This Is What I Think.

Monday, August 17, 2026

Today is 08/17/2026





by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/17/2026 12:46 PM

I make this note for only one reason: Why are they doing that?

My suspicion is based on my hypothesis that it is because of my past comments, buried now in the massive content of my blog-posts on my blog

Two details that do not really matter in the larger scheme of things.

Why are they now the focus of so much mainstream-media content?

The deciding factor by making this post by me is the news stories I observed in recent days about attention by a US Navy admiral. The leader of the Department of Navy weighed in on it too.

My only real reason for this note is trying to decide if THEY (lurking in the shadows) are trying to lead me where I want to go. Without this devolving into a so-called echo-chamber. There must be a reason this all started, all those decades ago, right?



Cannot find a reference to a note I may or may not have made about the quality of the water in the drinking-fountain. I had stopped drinking from it back in year 1988 because of the coloring of the water. My guess was that a substance was being added to it to neutralize the water being pumped out of the ocean and that was only a guess. Clean water is not free while at sea. Takes a lot of resources to produce clean water and we were at sea for a very long time without making a port visit to Bahrain, where storage tanks could have been refilled, for however long that would have lasted before being depleted again.



The second detail has been on my mind for a while since it became one of the first mainstream-media news articles during the recent activities of the US Navy

They were complaining about the quality of food and the images made me think of what they call "midrats"

Fairly certain I made comments years ago about being deployed in 1988 and I was working 12-hours shifts in Missile Plot. Because someone probably complained about my snoring, they forced me into that shift instead of a three-shift rotation during Condition 3 steaming. Off-watch, I often slept through meals in my bunk and mostly what I consumed was junk food from the ship's convenience-store and Pepsi from the vending machines. I lost a lot of weight and did not realize it until one of my co-workers mentioned it.









https://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/donald-trump-pete-hegseth-accused-153004929.html

Yahoo! News

RealityTea

Donald Trump & Pete Hegseth Accused of Being ‘Liars’ By Navy Families

Evolve Editors

Mon, August 17, 2026 at 8:30 AM PDT 2 min read

Donald Trump and Pete Hegseth's denial of the Navy personnel's harsh conditions in the Iran war sparked a backlash. Family members of the deployed soldiers have slammed Trump's administration for their insensitive remarks, all the while painting a brutal picture of the adversities faced by those involved in the Middle Eastern campaign.

Navy families are calling out Donald Trump and Pete Hegseth after recent comments

Families of naval officers serving in the Iran war are calling out the US government for its mismanagement. The response comes after both Donald Trump and Pete Hegseth undermined the military's struggles on foreign soil.

A mother of a young soldier serving with the USS Abraham Lincoln told The Guardian, "They are not feeding him or supplying clean water, and living conditions are horrible."

Meanwhile, the sister of a Lincoln crew member revealed that her brother had lost 20lbs since his deployment. "They're making the ultimate sacrifice and protecting their country, and now you have the commander-in-chief and defense secretary dismissing their experiences and calling them liars. I'm really angry. It's a feeling of betrayal. These are frustrating, false, and careless comments," she remarked.

The sister highlighted texts from her brother where he complained of the quality of water on the vessel. In his message, the sailor also spoke of the limited mental health services available to the soldiers. "Our deployment resilience counsellor quit months ago. To see the ONLY PSYCHIATRIST is a five-week wait unless you do like three of our shipmates and jump off the ship or take 27 sleeping pills," he wrote.

Similarly, the mother of a sailor on board the USS Tripoli claimed that her son had lost 30lbs during the mission. "He's emaciated," she said. "This is so insane – he didn't deserve this. When I saw that photo, I was livid. It should not have gotten this far."

She further exclaimed, "You cannot keep extending deployments, grinding down crews, and gaslighting families without destroying trust in the institution and its leaders," adding, "If they're losing weight, that means you're starving them."

Notably, the Lincoln and the Tripoli have been actively deployed at sea for nearly nine and five months, respectively.









by me, Kerry Burgess: 04/16/07 4:08 AM

It was Maria Coleman that told me that time she was worried about me because I had lost a lot of weight.



by me, Kerry Burgess: 01/09/07 1:34 PM

yeah.....and that letter from Maria Coleman that was dated 4/11/91. I wrote a while back about how that date was when the First Gulf War ended. What does that mean? She "learned so much more than I have ever learned before" or something like that. I remember that part from the letter because of a curious grammar structure in that sentence. She was the assistant to the President of First Federal Savings and Loan.

01/09/07 2:10 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_the_Gulf_War

Operation Desert Storm was the US name of the airland conflict from January 17, 1991 through April 11, 1991.



by me, Kerry Burgess: April 16, 2007

Then I “remembered" a woman in my symbolic memories that I worked with at a bank named First Federal. She was the assistant to the president and we were close friends. I have good reason to believe is an element of my undercover identity and her name was Maria Coleman. I “remember” that she was from Puerto Rico originally, which is also a relevant clue to my identity.

I “remember” one time at the bank, I was talking to Maria at her desk and she was worried about me because I had lost a lot of weight.



by me, Kerry Burgess: 01/08/08 4:51 AM

Why did I have that letter from Maria Coleman dated 4/11/1991?



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_the_Gulf_War

Operation Desert Storm was the US name of the airland conflict from January 17, 1991 through April 11, 1991.









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

Baltar: What exactly are you saying?

Six: Humanity's children are returning home. Today. (Outside the window, there's a bright flash of light on the horizon.)

(Galactica. Caption: Galactica Starboard Landing Bay, Decommissioning Ceremony)

Doral: I'd like to thank you all again for being here today, and Elosha, thank you very much for those wonderful words. Next is a ceremonial fly-by by the last Galactica battle squadron led by Captain Lee Adama. (Music play, ships fly over, people applaud.) And now it is my great pleasure to introduce the last commander of the Battlestar Galactica, Commander Adama. (applause)

Adama: Thank you very much. The Cylon War is long over, yet we must not forget the reasons why so many sacrificed so much in the cause of freedom. The cost of wearing the uniform can be high, but... (pauses) Sometimes it's too high. You know, when we fought the Cylons, we did it to save ourselves from extinction. But we never answered the question: why? Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder, because of greed, spite, jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. (we hear the voiceover in Apollo's ship) We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done. Like we did with the Cylons. We decided to play god, create life. (We see Starbuck listening in her cell.) When that life turned against us, we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that it really wasn't our fault, not really. You cannot play god, then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.









by me, Kerry Burgess: 10/02/09 6:16 PM

Didn't I write in the recent weeks about a series of thoughts about a similar ship in space? As soon as that notion entered my mind as I started watching this premiere episode, those vague thoughts have slipped my mind. But I do remember the last series. The series started off with me suddenly finding myself on a ship and I was trying to figure how to create reference points so I would not get lost. There was something about a water fountain and I think I was trying to figure how to not lose track of where it was so that I would not lose a source of water to drink. As it turned out, I was within a few feet of the bridge of the ship and there was a person there but that person was actually a hologram.



http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP011839820001&sid=58623&sn=SYFYHD&st=200910021800&cn=676

Stargate Universe (New)

676 SYFYHD: Friday, October 2 6:00 PM

Science fiction

Air

During an evacuation, a scientist sends escapees into deep space for an experiment.

Original Air Date: Oct 02, 2009

10/02/09 7:12 PM

The early scene of "Dr. Roush" in the viewing room of the ship was very similar to what I last imagined of a similar experience and when I walked into what I noted earlier of the bridge of the ship, I commented to the hologram something about the danger of collision with objects in space but the hologram told me we were not actually traveling in space. I cannot remember if the hologram told me anything specific about the nature of the environment we were traveling in but the dialog by "Roush" about how they were not traveling in "hyperspace" makes me think it was similar to what I imagined.

10/02/09 7:41 PM

The destination of the ship, as the hologram told me, was the planet Earth, although it was not this Earth but a different version of this Earth. I wondered and may have asked the hologram to explain to me why such an elaborate trip was necessary but I don't think that was ever established in that line of thought. I don't think I have thought along that track of thoughts since that last part where I was wondering why such an elaborate trip was necessary.









by me, Kerry Burgess: 03/02/10 1:59 AM

This makes me think of the ending scene of "The Omega Man" where he is in the fountain, where these passages could easily be understood as the basis for that scene. But is there something more complex to it? For example, did I already know that I was going to be tricked into going to the Jupiter moon Callisto where I would give the creatures a free ride back to planet Earth, which is going to kill the human race in a matter of, what?, days, weeks? Hours? Or does it all happen that way because I created it and therefore it became magic and this prophesy. I have been thinking for a while that is part of this scientific evaluation.









The Stand - complete edition, by Stephen King, author

excerpt, Chapter 29

There was a drinking fountain at the T-junction, but the warm, chlorinated taste of the water made his stomach turn. There was no exit to his left; a sign on the tile wall with an orange arrow beneath read LIBRARY WING. The corridor seemed to stretch away for miles that way. Some fifty yards down was the body of a man in a white-suit, like some strange animal cast up on a sterile beach.

His control was getting bad. This place was much, much bigger than he had first assumed. Not that he’d had a right to assume much of anything from what he’d seen when he was admitted—which had been two halls, one elevator, and one room. Now he guessed it to be the size of a largish metropolitan hospital. He could stumble around in here for hours, his footfalls echoing and rebounding, coming across a corpse every now and then. They were strewn about like prizes in some ghastly treasure hunt. He remembered taking Norma, his wife, to a big hospital in Houston when they diagnosed the cancer. Everyplace you went in there they had little maps on the walls with little arrows pointing at a dot. The words written on each arrow said: YOU ARE HERE. They put those up so people wouldn’t get lost. Like he was now. Lost. Oh baby, this was bad. This was so bad.

“Don’t go tharn now, you’re almost home free,” he said, and his words echoed back, flat and strange. He hadn’t meant to speak aloud, and that made it worse.

He turned to the right, setting his back to the library wing, walked past more offices, came to another corridor, and turned down that. He began to look behind himself frequently, assuring himself that no one—Elder, maybe—was following him, but unable to believe it. The hallway ended in a closed door that said RADIOLOGY. A hand-lettered sign hung on the knob: CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE RANDALL.

Stu went back and peered around the corner and back where he had come from. The dead body in the white-suit was tiny with distance now, hardly more than a speck, but seeing it there so changeless and eternal made him want to run away as fast as he could.

He turned right, setting his back to it again. Twenty yards farther up, the corridor branched into another T-junction. Stu turned right and went past more offices. The corridor ended at the microbiology lab. In one of the lab carrels a young man clad in jockey shorts lay sprawled over his desk. He was comatose, bleeding from the nose and mouth. His breath rattled in and out with a sound like October wind in dead cornhusks.

And then Stu did begin to run, turning from one corridor to another, becoming more and more convinced that there was no way out, at least not from this level. The echo of his footfalls chased him, as if either Elder or Vic had lived just long enough to put a squad of ghostly MPs on his trail. Then another fancy crowded that out, one he somehow associated with the queer dreams he had been having the last few nights. The idea grew so strong that he became afraid to turn around, afraid that if he did he would see a white-suited figure striding after him, a white-suited figure with no face but only blackness behind a Plexiglas plate. Some dreadful apparition, a hit-man from beyond sane time and space.

Panting, Stu rounded a corner, sprinted ten feet before he realized the corridor was a dead end, and crashed into a door with a sign over it. The sign read EXIT.

He pushed at the bar, convinced it would not move, but it did, and the door opened easily. He went down four steps to another door. To the left of this landing, more stairs went down into thick darkness. The top half of this second door was clear glass reinforced with crisscrossed safety wire. Beyond it was only the night, the beautiful mellow summer night, and all the freedom a man ever dreamed of.

Stu was still staring out, transfixed, when the hand slipped out of the darkness of the stairwell and grasped his ankle. A gasp tore at Stu’s throat like a thorn. He looked around, his belly a freezing floe of ice, and beheld a bloody, grinning face upturned in the darkness.

“Come down and eat chicken with me, beautiful,” it whispered in a cracked and dying voice. “It’s soooo dark—”

Stu screamed and tried to pull free. The grinning thing from the darkness held on, talking and grinning and chuckling. Blood or bile was trickling from the corners of its mouth. Stu kicked at the hand holding his ankle, then stomped it. The face hanging in the darkness of the stairwell disappeared. There was a series of thudding crashes… and then the screams began. Of pain or of rage, Stu could not tell. He didn’t care. He battered against the outside door with his shoulder. It banged open and he tottered out, whirling his arms to keep his balance. He lost it anyway and fell down on the cement path.

He sat up slowly, almost warily. Behind him, the screams had stopped. A cool evening breeze touched his face, dried the sweat on his brow. He saw with something very like wonder that there was grass, and flowerbeds. Night had never smelled as fragrantly sweet as this. A crescent moon rode the sky. Stu turned his face up to it thankfully, and then walked across the lawn toward the road which led to the town of Stovington below. The grass was dressed with dewfall. He could hear wind whispering in the pines.

“I’m alive,” Stu Redman said to the night. He began to cry. “I’m alive, thank God I’m alive, thank You, God, thank You, God, thank You—”

Tottering a little, he began to walk down the road.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 1:17 PM Pacific-timezone USA Monday 08/17/2026