This Is What I Think.

Monday, August 03, 2026

Today is 08/03/2026






2025-11-02_3-1



https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/celebrity/articles/jennifer-aniston-shares-adorable-photos-190200134.html

Yahoo! News

Elle

Jennifer Aniston and Jim Curtis Share PDA on Yacht Trip in Spain

Moriel Mizrahi Finder

Sun, August 2, 2026 at 7:53 AM PDT










2012-01-10_1-2
2012-01-10_1-1









From 1/10/2012 ( ) To 11/2/2025 ( ) is 5045 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/26/1979 ( ) is 5045 days









From 12/25/1991 ( an aviator in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 11/2/2025 ( ) is 12366 days

12366 = 6183 + 6183

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/7/1982 ( ) is 6183 days










1982-10-07_1-1

https://papersofprinceton.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19821007-01.1.1&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------









IMDb

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Quotes

[first lines]

Willard (voice-over): Saigon. Shit. I'm only in Saigon. Every time, I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle. When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife until I said yes to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there. When I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now. Waiting for a mission. Getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker. And every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around, the walls moved in a little tighter.









IMDb

Apocalypse Now (1979)

Quotes

Willard (voice-over): Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.









me, kerry burgess ironman coeur dalene idaho 6-27-2004 .jpg - previously referenced

From 9/11/2001 ( ) to 2/6/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my final day as full-time employee of Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) is 878 days









Jacob's Ladder (1990)

Louie: Your problem is you spent six years getting a Ph.D. then went to work for the post office.

Jacob Singer: What can I tell you? After 'Nam I didn't want to think anymore.









https://www.nytimes.com/1979/08/26/archives/sunday-observer-apocalypse-forever.html

The New York Times

Sunday Observer

By Russell Baker

Aug. 26, 1979

It was 1938 when I first heard that Francis Ford Coppola had begun working on “Apocalypse Now.” I was playing pinochle with several other boys on the steps of Lithuanian Hall on West Lombard Street in southwest Baltimore when Milton Sommers came running up with the news.

“Francis Ford Coppola has begun work on ‘Apocalypse Now,’ “ cried Milton. We were all stunned, not only because of the incredible scope of the conception, but also because Francis Ford Coppola hadn't been born yet.

“A film of this grandeur isn't possible in a single lifetime,” Malcolm Holt pointed out. “Coppola's only chance of pulling it off is to get a head start.”

High school came, World War II, college, Harry Truman, the H‐bomb, but “Apocalypse Now” never faded from the forefront of the world's attention. Bill Manchester recalled huddling in South Pacific foxholes as a Marine, while jeering Japanese snipers tried to enrage him into poking his head above ground by crying, “To hell with ‘Apocalypse Now'!”

In his famous farewell address to the nation, President Eisenhower caused international controversy by urging Francis Ford Coppola to sign Clark Gable for the leading role.

Awed but not crushed by the daring of his stupendous concept, Francis Ford Coppola cashed in his life insurance and pawned his watch. On seven separate occasions his life was in ruins. He bought an entire jungle in Indonesia, and when it was uncrated in Hollywood, that, too, was in ruins.

Disaster piled on catastrophe. First, Clark Gable died, then Leslie Howard's airplane was shot down by Nazi fighters, or vice versa. Sound revolutionized the movie industry, so that only Al Jolson could draw at the box office, but Jolson died before Coppola could sign him.

This did not stop Francis Ford Coppola. For the most magnificent cinematic experience ever created, he resolved to cast Marlon Brando, the most magnetic personality that had ever trod the boards, lit up the silver screen or harangued the Motion Picture Academy for its failure to award an Oscar to the American Indian.

Brando was difficult. He insisted on shaving his skull, then he insisted on shaving Coppola's skull. With the budget running hundreds of millions of dollars in the red, Francis Ford Coppola pawned his hair clippings and raised enough money to make a down payment on Thailand, which had the nicest jungle anywhere in the free‐enterprise system.

An authentic jungle was necessary to satisfy Brando's insistence on realism, but catastrophe again! — Thailand refused to sell. The owner objected that movie crews would attract teamsters’ union bagmen, who would run down the neighborhood.

Being a genius, Francis Ford Coppola did not despair. There was more than one way to get a jungle. One night while watching “Mr. Crockett's Victory Garden” on television, his astonishing imagination leapt to the solution. He would grow his own jungle from seed.

This created tensions with Mrs. Coppola, who was extremely good with perennials, shipped from the nursery, but had never had much luck starting plants from seed. Brando was outspoken in his criticisms of Mrs. Coppola's jungle. She resented Brando's saying that her vines weren't fit to swing an ape‐man from one tree to another, and she resented Brando's insistence that she shave her skull.

This simmering dispute, which threatened the creation of the most astonishing cinematic experience conceivable by the mind of man, was ended in the nick of time by a typhoon. Francis Ford Coppola had rented the typhoon in the South China Sea, and it was so angry about having to work on a weekend that it chewed up all of Mrs. Coppola's jungle and spit it into the movie lot door.

For good measure, it also blew all the hair off Mrs. Coppola's head, which even she had to admit was a pretty good joke.

This soothed the brilliant but moody Brando, and Francis Ford Coppola was ready to start once more to fulfill the vision to which his entire existence had been dedicated.

And so, “Apocalypse Now” is finally here. It is incredible. It is breathtaking and awe‐inspiring. Sensitive, moving and inspired, it is beautiful, brilliant, acute, brooding, magnificent, spectacular and stupendous, but also wise, witty, a monument to human dignity, an eternal testament to man's inhumanity to man. I look forward to seeing it someday.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 08:54 AM Pacific-timezone USA Monday 08/03/2026