Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vanilla Sky (2001)




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/27/07 4:10 AM

What a great dream. Phoebe saw me drive back to where she was waiting for a bus and she didn't just walk up to me; she ran up to me. She didn't want me to give her a ride though to where she was going and she told me something about how this would all be over soon. I was stomping on the brake of my 1967 blue Chevrolet to try to get it to stop, but it would not. I think that was when she actually said it would all stop soon. I explained that I have this happen to me in dreams sometimes, where I can't get my vehicle to stop no matter how hard I stand on the brakes and I think she smiled. Probably because I was describing something that happens to me in dreams while I was dreaming. There is another aspect to this part of our conversation that I can't articulate. And thinking back to that dream just makes me miss her incredibly. The dream was set in the past but how I want to see her in the present.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/V/Vanilla_Sky.html

Vanilla Sky


LE offers you the answer.
Upon resurrection...
you will continue in an ageless state...
preserved but living in the present...
with a future of your choosing.
Your death will be wiped from your memory.
Your life will continue as a realistic work of art...
painted by you, minute to minute...
and you'll live it with thel romantic abandon of a summer day...










http://www.cswap.com/1998/Sphere/cap/en/25fps/a/02_01

Sphere


2:01:34
I'm not following you.

2:01:36
Because we have the power. . .

2:01:39
. . .to forget.

2:01:43
To forget.

2:01:45
You want us to agree to forget?

2:01:47
Wait a minute, are we sure
that we want to do this?

2:01:51
Yes.

2:01:55
This is the greatest discovery
in the history of mankind.

2:01:57
We're just going to white it out
like it's a typing error?

2:02:01
I'm sure.

2:02:05
What about you, Beth?

2:02:07
What's the matter, Norman?

2:02:09
It's a little hard to let go of.

2:02:11
Something that could've been. . .

2:02:14
. . .this gift?

2:02:15
The power to make your dreams
come true.

2:02:18
We're given the greatest gift
in the history of mankind.

2:02:21
We're given this magic ball.

2:02:23
And it says...

2:02:24
"Imagine what you will
and you can have it. "

2:02:30
That's an extraordinary gift










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/13/09 10:14 PM
You see, it is immortality that is boring. It is interesting as a concept because who does not want to live forever and live forever as their younger self. But eventually it would get boring. You have to be prepared mentally for such a life.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/13/09 10:15 PM
Of course, you could spend a hundred years as an immortal in order to mental prepare yourself to live forever. But I think the real understanding of how immortality can be boring is one of those concepts you eventually begin to understand.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 9:54 AM

It just makes no sense to me why we have to spend another lousy minute apart.