Monday, April 19, 2010

Vampire




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/14/07 6:20 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Fallin%27

"Free Fallin" is the opening track from Tom Petty's 1989 solo album, Full Moon Fever. The song was written by Petty and his writing partner for the album, Jeff Lynne. The song was released as a single, and was a top 10 U.S. hit in January, 1990. It also topped the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.

Considered to be one of the more introspective songs in Petty's body of work, "Free Fallin'" uses a simple acoustic riff coupled with offbeat lyrics. The song has an easy, mid-tempo acoustic rock structure, and features Petty's signature vocal style.

Lyrics
The lyrics describe a relationship between a "good girl" and a "bad boy." The "good girl" loves Jesus and horses, while the "bad boy" breaks her heart and doesn't even miss her, though some of the later lyrics suggest that he has not gotten over her.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/14/07 6:23 PM
The part about the "Vampires" makes me think about incoming anti-aircraft or anti-ship missiles.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/14/07 6:27 PM
The part about "free-falling" could be about having to eject from that A-6 on 2/14/86 and being missing all that time.










2007 film "28 Weeks Later" DVD movie:

00:03:55


Alice: Karen...

Karen: He'll be hungry. He - he'll be hungry when he gets back. He'll want something to eat.

Jacob: Here we go again.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/13/07 11:55 PM
So I guess I'll either get to home tomorrow, or I'll get bombed. Or both. This is usually one of those times someone starts shooting missiles at me.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/13/07 11:57 PM
Or it will be something new.










http://www.lyricsfreak.com/p/proclaimers/im+gonna+be_10209351.html

Proclaimers

I'm Gonna Be


When i wake up yeah i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you
When i go out yeah i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you

If i get drunk yes i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And if i haver yeah i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you

But i would walk 500 miles
And i would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 5,000 miles
To fall down at your door

When i'm working yes i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
And when the money comes in for the work i'll do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you

When i come home yeah i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you
And if i grow old well i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you

But i would walk 500 miles
And i would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 5,000 miles
To fall down at your door

When i'm lonely well i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man whose lonely without you
When i'm dreaming well i know i'm gonna dream
I'm gonna dream about the time when i'm with you.

When i go out yeah i know i'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you
When i come home yes i know i'm gonna be,
I'm gonna, be the man who comes back home with you
I'm gonna be the man who's coming home with you

But i would walk 500 miles
And i would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 5,000 miles
To fall down at your door

But i would walk 500 miles
And i would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 5,000 miles
To fall down at your door










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Journal June 12, 2006, Supplemental


There must be some reason to these thoughts [ , I think now having just awoken from sleep, ] I was having awhile back


The scene changes to some military office. A company officer, I think that would be considered a Major, wants to see an Admiral. The Major appears to have just come from a battle or something, he has mud on him and his uniform isn't really presentable. He is arriving after enduring 12 hours of being trapped in an overcrowded, dark bunker with a blistering, fierce mortar barrage from the enemy outside trying to break the bunker and then he is on a transport, some kind of windowless conveyance that is also overcrowded and hot and filled with the maddening and endless quietly blaring Muzac while the civilians around him are blathering on with moronic idiotic conversations that he can't help but overhear no matter how much he wants to tune them out and there is a communication panel where he wants to send a message to his family because he can't remember the last time he talked to any of them but some moron is doing something moronic on it.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sun, March 19, 2006 6:07:45 PM

Subject: Another lost minute


Another lost minute, wasted in captivity. The captivity of lost privacy, lost thoughts, imprisoned by people I don't want to know or to know me. Lost thoughts, aggravating strangers taking my thoughts. It never ends, minute after minute, lost in captivity.










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

28 Weeks Later (2007)

Country Date

UK 26 April 2007 (London) (premiere)

USA 11 May 2007










1991 film "Flight of the Intruder" DVD movie:

01:26:47


US Navy Commander Frank "Dooke" Camparelli - USS Independence CV 62 air squadron commander: I want you out of my squadron. You'll be transferred out at my convenience.

US Navy Lieutenant Jake "Cool Hand" Grafton - USS Independence CV 62 US Navy A-6 Intruder pilot: Wait a minute! Good men die, and all we care about is following the rules, huh?

US Navy Commander Frank "Dooke" Camparelli - USS Independence CV 62 air squadron commander: What are you looking for, Grafton? Revenge? Now, this is not the place for it. You're going to shake your fist at God and say, "Give me revenge?" Well, He ain't listening. You know what's going on back home. Bombs, riots, people spitting on soldiers in airports. The whole country is tearing itself apart. Is there anything in this pissant war worth that? Christ, all we really got is each other. I want you to think about that while we're out there this morning, Mr. Grafton.










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Mutiny"

15 October 1995

Episode 4 DVD:

00:39:37


US Marine Corps Lt. Colonel T.C. McQueen: West. Launching the cargo haulers was a great countermeasure. [ gives him back the photo of his girlfriend ] I thought I had to make a point.

US Marine Corps 1LT Nathan West: No. You were right. What I did - going after her - was selfish.










2007 film "28 Weeks Later" DVD movie:

00:03:56


Jacob: There are no survivors. It's just us in here and them out there.