Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pink Floyd - "Wish You Were Here" (1975)




"Doogie Howser, M.D." - IMDb.com

"Pilot"

19 September 1989

Episode 1:

00:08:02


Dr. David Howser: Happy birthday, son.

Katherine Howser: Happy birthday, Doogie.

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Thanks, guys. Oh, cool. It's exactly what I wanted. I love it.

Katherine Howser: I'll be right back.

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Look, Dad, here - here's the thing. Tomorrow is the big dance at Brentwood and Vinny and I got these dates and all and, um, I was wondering - could I borrow your car tomorrow night?

Dr. David Howser: What's wrong with your mothers car?

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: It's a crummy old station wagon. It's got a lousy radio.

Dr. David Howser: Well, you just got your license. I'd like to see you get some miles under your belt before you start using my car.

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Dad... please.

Dr. David Howser: No, no, I'm afraid not, son.

Katherine Howser, Dr. David Howser: [singing] Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Doogie, happy birthday to you.

Katherine Howser: Make a wish, Doogie.

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: I already did. Dave here said no.

Dr. David Howser: I will not be called Dave.

Katherine Howser: David, he's just kidding.

Dr. David Howser: It's disrespectful.

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: No, disrespectful is trading someone like {indistinquishable} kid just because he happens to be chronologically be 16 years old.

Dr. David Howser: You're not excused from this table, young man. Sit down! Emotional maturity is not a function of genius, my friend, it is a function of experience. And you have amply demonstrated by your behavior here that you are in short supply.

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Dr. David Howser: What?

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Nothing.


00:10:10

William Finklestein: I come in here an emergency expecting a qualified physician and I get a 16 year old kid! That's negligence! Pure and simple!

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: If you could just hold still, Mr. Finklestein.

William Finklestein: You'll be holding still for a big fat lawsuit in a federal court! 16 years old! I'll let it count for infliction of emotional distress!

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Well, I'm sorry you feel this way, sir, but as an attorney you must know there is no duty owed by the hospital with respect to the age of its doctors. Nor is there any proximate cause connecting me to the harm suffered. And even if you could make out a prima facie case of negligence, you don't have diversity jurisdiction to get this into federal court. Besides which, I'm done.

William Finklestein: You're done?

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Yep. Seven stitches nice and neat. There shouldn't be much of a scar.

William Finklestein: Oh. Well, I guess it looks okay. Maybe I won't sue.

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Well, if you change your mind, the statute of limitations for malpractice is three years.

William Finklestein: Oh.

Nurse Curly Spaulding: Are you a lawyer too, Doogie?

Dr. Doogie Howser, M.D.: Nah, I just read all the books.










From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University Medical Doctor degree graduate ) is 10 years 79 days





From 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University Medical Doctor degree graduate ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) is: 3713 days

From 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) to 9/19/1989 ( premiere US TV series "Doogie Howser, M.D." ) is: 3713 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doogie_Howser

Doogie Howser, M.D.

Original run September 19, 1989 – March 24, 1993

Doogie Howser, M.D. is a television comedy-drama starring Neil Patrick Harris as a brilliant doctor who also faces the problems of being a normal teenager.


Possessing a genius intellect and an eidetic memory, Howser got a perfect score on the SAT at the age of six. He completed high school in nine weeks, graduated from Princeton University at age 10, and finished medical school four years later. At age 14, Howser was the youngest licensed doctor in the country.



http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi390004761

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Videos BETA > TV Episodes > Doogie Howser, M.D.

Pilot

Description: Douglas "Doogie" Howser, boy genius, kisses his first girl and loses his first patient, all on the same night

Related Titles: Pilot, Doogie Howser, M.D.



http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0771719

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

"Doogie Howser, M.D."

Pilot (1989)

Original Air Date: 19 September 1989 (Season 1, Episode 1)

Plot: Doogie passes one test to get his driver's license, but he must pass another when he treats a critically ill boy.

Neil Patrick Harris ... Douglas "Doogie" Howser










From 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University Medical Doctor degree graduate ) to 1/21/1976 ( my first landing on planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Mars ) is: 2436 days

2436 = 1218 + 1218

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/15/1966 ( United States Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was United States Gemini 12 spacecraft United States Navy astronaut returning from orbit of planet Earth ) is: 1218 days



From 7/21/1969 ( I was United States Apollo 11 Eagle spacecraft United States Navy astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 1/21/1976 ( my first landing on planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Mars ) is: 2375 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 9/2/1965 ( my first day as university student and graduate student instructor at Princeton University where I earned Medical Doctor degree ) is: 2375 days



http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar

Solar System: Wed 1976 Jan 21

Mars
Distance (AU)
0.743



http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_all.htm

Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

All Length and Distance Conversions

Result:

0.743 astronomical unit = 69 066 026.667 mile [survey, US]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars

Mars

Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun in the Solar System.










From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon as Dr. Thomas Reagan MD ) to 7/19/1985 ( as the first United States military astronaut to enter and leave Earth orbit for deep space as a civilian and in a privately-owned deep space and manned planetary lander spacecraft I selected Christa McAuliffe for United States space shuttle flight STS-51-L ) is: 5032 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 12/11/1972 ( I was United States Apollo 17 Challenger spacecraft United States Navy astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) is: 5032 days


http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1985_23961

HOUSTON CHRONICLE ARCHIVES

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Date: SAT 07/20/1985


Teacher astronaut selected

WASHINGTON - A New Hampshire high school teacher, calling her planned flight aboard a January space shuttle mission "the ultimate field trip," was selected Friday from more than 11,000 applicants to become the first private citizen to travel into space.










From 2/22/1976 ( The Point Of No Return - my Orion space ship and I survived a catastrophic collision with a meteor and I decide to continue my mission as planned to divert Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) to 9/24/1995 ( premiere US TV series "Space: Above and Beyond" ) is: 7154 days

7154 = 3577 + 3577

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford at Lincoln College includes law degree ) is: 3577 days



From 3/13/1978 ( U.S. Department of the Army Order 31-3 General Of The Armies of the United States applies to me personally and professionally as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) to 9/24/1995 ( premiere US TV series "Space: Above and Beyond" ) is: 6404 days

6404 = 3202 + 3202

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 4/21/1972 ( I was Apollo 16 Orion astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 3202 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112173

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

"Space: Above and Beyond" (1995)

TV series 1995-1996

Release Date: 24 September 1995 (USA)

Plot: Earth is embroiled in a desperate war against invaders and this series focuses on one squad of marines involved in it.

James Morrison ... Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius "T.C." McQueen










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112173/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Space: Above and Beyond" (1995)


[first lines]

Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius "TC" McQueen: [narration] We thought we were alone. We believed the universe was ours. Until one night in 2063, on a Earth colony 16 light-years away, they struck. Now we're at war. We fight when called, in space, on land, and at sea. To lose this war means more than defeat; to surrender is to never go home. All of us must rise to the call... above and beyond.










From 7/4/1954 ( World War II-era food rationing ends in Great Britain ) To 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is 3299 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) To 7/27/1972 ( first flight McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle fighter jet and I was primary test pilot for the first flight and for the United States Air Force F-15 Eagle fighter jet test program ) is 3299 days



From 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot and as active duty US Naval Aviator and US Astronaut ) to 7/27/1972 ( first flight McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle fighter jet and I was primary test pilot for the first flight and for the United States Air Force F-15 Eagle fighter jet test program ) is: 1914 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 10/11/1968 ( I was United States Apollo 7 spacecraft United States Navy astronaut entering orbit of planet Earth ) is: 1914 days



From 12/21/1970 ( I was primary US Navy test pilot for the Grumman F-14 Tomcat first flight and for the United States Navy F-14 Tomcat fighter jet program ) To 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon as Dr. Thomas Reagan MD ) is 292 days

From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon as Dr. Thomas Reagan MD ) To 7/27/1972 ( first flight McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle fighter jet and I was primary test pilot for the first flight and for the United States Air Force F-15 Eagle fighter jet test program ) is 292 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-15_Eagle

F-15 Eagle

Role Air superiority fighter

Manufacturer McDonnell Douglas

First flight 27 July 1972

The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle is a twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter designed to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat. It is considered among the most successful modern fighters with over 100 aerial combat victories. Following reviews of proposals, the United States Air Force selected McDonnell Douglas' design in 1967 to meet the service's need for a dedicated air superiority fighter. The Eagle first flew in July 1972, and entered service in 1976.



http://www.boeing.com/history/mdc/eagle.htm

F-15 Eagle Tactical Fighter

First flight: July 27, 1972



http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=397

National Museum of the US Air Force

Home > Fact Sheets > McDonnell Douglas F-15A Eagle

MCDONNELL DOUGLAS F-15A EAGLE

The F-15 is a twin-engine, high-performance, all-weather air superiority fighter. First flown on July 27, 1972, the Eagle began entering the USAF inventory on Nov. 14, 1974.










From 7/16/1970 ( "Enchantment Under The Sea" dance ) To 11/29/1974 ( premiere US TV "The Gathering Storm" ) is 4 years 4 months 13 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is 4 years 4 months 13 days



From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/29/1974 ( premiere US TV movie "The Gathering Storm" ) is: 593 weeks 3 days

'59-33' ( my birth date US )


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071536

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

The Gathering Storm (1974) (TV)

Release Date: 29 November 1974 (USA)

Plot Outline: The story of British prime minister Winston Churchill, focusing on his place in British life just prior to World War II.

Patrick Stewart ... Clement Atlee










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/time.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Time"


Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way, but you're older
And shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desparation is the English way
The time is gone the song is over, thought I'd something more to say

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away, across the field, tolling on the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
And hear the softly spoken magic spell










http://www.cswap.com/1985/Back_to_the_Future/cap/en/4_Parts/a/00_16

Back to the Future


:16:02
Yeah, we know.
You've told us this story a million times.

:16:05
You felt sorry for him.

:16:06
You decided to go with him
to the Fish Under the Sea dance.

:16:09
No. It was
the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

:16:13
Our first date. I'll never forget it.

:16:16
It was the night of that terrible
thunderstorm, remember, George?










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/shineonyoucrazydiamondiv.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond (I-V)"


Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!










http://www.cswap.com/1998/Armageddon/cap/en/25fps/a/00_48

Armageddon


:48:32
- I want my men
to have tomorrow night off.
- What do you mean "off"?

:48:35
I mean, off. Out of here. For at least
ten hours. Then we'll go to Kennedy.

:48:38
Well, there's no possible way
we can do that, Harry.

:48:40
There's a potentially huge
security risk. What if they talk?

:48:43
- What if they get hurt?
- What if they're too burnt out
to do the right thing?

:48:46
What if they get up there, and they
forget what they're fighting for?

:48:48
You see what's goin' on.
These boys are ready to snap.

:48:51
They didn't ask to be here.
They got pulled off the street.

:48:53
For all we know, tomorrow night could be
the last night they ever see Earth.

:48:56
I don't think it's too much to ask
to let 'em spend it with their families.

:48:58
- Listen, there's no possible
way we can do that.
- You got family, Colonel?

:49:00
- Two girls.
- Wouldn't you like to spend
tomorrow with your girls?

:49:05
I'm not askin' ya. I'm tellin' ya.

:49:08
Make this happen.










http://www.cswap.com/1983/Blue_Thunder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_06

Blue Thunder


:07:11
Sir, what was that business
with the watch?

:07:18
Back in the ready room
with the watch?

:07:20
Sort of a test.

:07:23
I read if you think you're going over
the edge, you lose your sense of time.

:07:28
With your eyes shut
you can't tell 25 seconds from five.

:07:32
Oh, yeah, I get it, sir.










http://www.cswap.com/1998/Armageddon/cap/en/25fps/a/00_22

Armageddon


:22:54
[ Dan ] So when the Rogue
comet hit the asteroid belt,
it sent shrapnel right for us.

:22:58
For the next 15 days,
the Earth's in a shooting gallery.

:23:01
Even if the asteroid itself
hits the water, it's still hitting land.

:23:05
It'll flash boil millions
of gallons of seawater and slam
into the ocean bedrock.

:23:10
Now, if it's a Pacific Ocean impact--
which we think it will be--

:23:13
it'll create a tidal wave
three miles high,

:23:16
travelling at 1,000 miles an hour
covering California
and washing up in Denver.

:23:20
Japan's gone.
Australia's wiped out.

:23:24
Half the world's population
will be incinerated by the heat blast.

:23:27
The rest'll freeze to death
from nuclear winter.

:23:29
[ Whispering ]
That's unbelievable.

:23:32
Well, actually,
this is as real as it gets.

:23:38
Well, it's coming right now.

:23:41
Right for us at 22,000 miles an hour.

:23:44
Not a soul on Earth can hide from it.










http://www.cswap.com/1998/Armageddon/cap/en/25fps/a/01_00

Armageddon


1:00:14

- * Leavin' on a jet plane *

1:00:17
- * I don't know
when I'll be back again *
- I'm marrying you.

1:00:19
- Bet your ass you are.










From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) To 12/11/1987 ( premiere US film "Wall Street" ) is 10510 days

10510 = 5255 + 5255

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/23/1973 ( I passed the Multistate Bar Examination ) is: 5255 days



From 7/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) To 12/11/1987 ( premiere US film "Wall Street" ) is 6718 days

6718 = 3359 + 3359

'33-59' ( my birth date US )


http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094291/

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Wall Street (1987)

Release Date: 11 December 1987 (USA)

Plot: A young and impatient stockbroker is willing to do anything to get to the top, including trading on illegal inside information taken through a ruthless and greedy corporate raider whom takes the youth under his wing.

Hal Holbrook ... Lou Mannheim










http://www.cswap.com/1998/Armageddon/cap/en/25fps/a/00_55

Armageddon


:55:46
I tell you, I'd be on that shuttle
with you, Harry, if I could.

:55:52
You don't want to be up in
that shuttle any more than I do.

:55:57
Good luck in Florida tomorrow.










From 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) to 8/9/1996 ( premiere UK film "Independence Day" ) is: 7586 days

7586 = 3793 + 3793

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/21/1969 ( I was United States Apollo 11 Eagle spacecraft United States Navy astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 3793 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Independence Day (1996)

UK 9 August 1996










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/shineonyoucrazydiamondviix.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond (VI-IX)"


Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
sail on the steel breeze.
Come on you boy child, you winner and loser,
come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078346/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Superman (1978)


Lois Lane: What color underwear am I wearing?

Superman: [looking] Hmmm...

Lois Lane: Oh, I'm sorry, I embarrassed you, didn't I?

Superman: Oh, no, no, no, not at all, Miss Lane, it's just that this planter must be made of lead.

Lois Lane: Uh, yes it is. So?

Superman: Well, you see, I, uh, I sort of have a problem seeing through lead.

Lois Lane: Oh, that's interesting.

Lois Lane: [Writing] Problem seeing through lead. Hmmm. Uh, d-do you have a first name?

Superman: What do you mean, like, uh, Ralph or something?

Lois Lane: No, no, I mean like...

[Walks away from the planter]

Superman: Pink.

Lois Lane: Huh?

Superman: Pink.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/wishyouwerehere.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Wish You Were Here"


So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.










From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/4/1992 ( United States Navy aircraft carrier warship USS George Washington CVN 73 commissioned into United States Navy active service and I was the first Commanding Officer of USS George Washington CVN 73 ) is: 12176 days

12176 = 6088 + 6088

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 6088 days



From 6/12/1981 ( United States President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 4848—National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day 1981 ) To 7/4/1992 ( United States Navy aircraft carrier warship USS George Washington CVN 73 commissioned into United States Navy active service and I was the first Commanding Officer of USS George Washington CVN 73 ) is 4040 days

4040 = 2020 + 2020

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) To 9/12/1964 ( I am United States Navy officer ) is 2020 days


http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CVN73.htm

NVR

Naval Vessel Register

USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN 73)
MULTI-PURPOSE AIRCRAFT CARRIER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)
Class: CVN 68
Fleet: Pacific
Force: Battle Force

Award Date: 12/27/1982
Keel Date: 08/25/1986
Launch Date: 07/21/1990
Commission Date: 07/04/1992