Sunday, April 25, 2010

War of the Worlds (2005)




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080684/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


Han Solo: You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart.

Princess Leia: I take it back.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101775/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Drop Dead Fred (1991)


Fred: Well why don't we harpoon Charles straight through the head, drag him back to the apartment, and hit him with a hammer until he agrees to come back?

Elizabeth: Harpoon him through the head. That won't work Fred.

Fred: Why not? How many times have you tried it?










http://www.nytimes.com/1988/04/19/world/us-strikes-2-iranian-oil-rigs-hits-6-warships-battles-over-mining-sea-lanes-gulf.html?pagewanted=all

U.S. STRIKES 2 IRANIAN OIL RIGS AND HITS 6 WARSHIPS IN BATTLES OVER MINING SEA LANES IN GULF

By JOHN H. CUSHMAN Jr., Special to the New York Times

Published: Tuesday, April 19, 1988

In each case, the Navy ships warned Iranian forces on the platforms that an attack was imminent before launching artillery barrages, Adm. William J. Crowe Jr., chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said at a Pentagon news conference early this morning. 'Fired a Few Shots'

The Sassan platform was approached by the destroyers Merrill and McCormick, and the amphibious ship Trenton, he said. The Iranians responded to the warning by shooting with ZSU-23 rapid-fire guns. The American ships ''fired a few shots,'' Admiral Crowe said, and the Iranians ''began to abandon the platform'' by boat.

The American ships resumed fire, and the Iranians again fired back before more of them moved to abandon ship, prompting the Navy to momentarily hold fire. The Navy ships then resumed firing briefly, and later sent Marines to board the platform, attach explosives and blow it up.

At about the same time, the American frigates Simpson and Bagley, and the cruiser Wainwright approached the Sirri platform, issued a warning, and opened fire after most of the Iranian forces abandoned it. There was no return fire. When an Iranian tugboat arriged to pick up survivors, the Navy held fire, Admiral Crowe said. The platform was totally burned up.

Within a few hours of those initial attacks, however, Iran mounted a series of operations in response, according to the Pentagon. Among the Iranian actions were a series of gunboat raids against oil installations in the southern gulf.

In one of those raids, an American-flagged commercial supply ship, the Willi Tide, was attacked. Other attacks were carried out against oil tankers, including the British-flagged tanker York Marine. A helicopter flying from the Simpson, near Sirri, was fired on by three speedboats. Iranians Launch Missiles

The first direct threat by an Iranian Navy vessel against American ships came nearly six hours after the assault on the Sirri oil platform. An Iranian missile patrol boat, approaching the Navy ships involved in that assault, ignored repeated warnings and in time launched one of its missiles at the ships.

Simultaneously, two of the American vessels, the Simpson and the Wainwright, fired a total of four anti-ship missiles at the 147-foot Iranian vessel, sinking it. The the Iranian ship, called the Joshan, was believed to have a crew of 31.

The missile fired at the American ships was diverted by chaff, a form of decoy, the Pentagon said.

During the day, the Wainwright also fired anti-aircraft missiles at the Iranian F-4's as they moved toward the ships from their base at Bandar Abbas.


Warnings to Leave Ignored










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0114852/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Village of the Damned (1995)


Dr. Alan Chaffee: [walks into the barn where the children are] Another man is dead. Why do you hate us so much, Mara?

Mara Chaffee: It isn't a matter of hate. It is a biological obligation.

[short pause]

Mara Chaffee: You are thinking of what happened to the others. Then our actions shouldn't surprise you. We have to survive no matter what the cost; we are the only ones left now.

Dr. Alan Chaffee: I don't see why we can't reach an understanding. Why can't we just live together?

Mara Chaffee: If we coexist, we shall dominate you. That is inevitable. Eventually you will try to eliminate us. We are all creatures of the life force. Now it was set us at one another to see who will survive.

Dr. Alan Chaffee: That's a cruel sport.

Mara Chaffee: Life is cruelty. We all feed on each other, exploit each other in some way to survive.

Dr. Alan Chaffee: [shakes his head] I don't agree with you.

[walks over to where Mara is sitting]

Dr. Alan Chaffee: I think that adaptation is the key to survival. Cooperation and symbiosis...

[kneels by Mara's desk]

Dr. Alan Chaffee: and compassion.

Mara Chaffee: Why do you think your own survival depends upon emotion from us? Shoul we pity you? Empathize with your plight?

Dr. Alan Chaffee: [bangs his fist on Mara's desk]

[shouting]

Dr. Alan Chaffee: You should feel! You should feel something!

[stands up]

Dr. Alan Chaffee: Without feelings, you're nothing. You're just second-rate mimics of a higher organism. That's right, higher organisms. We're your superiors in our capacity to love. Without compassion you're a doomed species.

Mara Chaffee: Emotion is irrelevant. It is not our nature.

Dr. Alan Chaffee: [looks back at David] Well, I'm not so sure you're right about that, Mara.










2007 film "28 Weeks Later" DVD movie:

00:03:55


Alice: Karen...

Karen: He'll be hungry. He - he'll be hungry when he gets back. He'll want something to eat.

Jacob: Here we go again.

Woman: Jacob, no.

Jacob: Let me tell you something, sweetheart. It's been five days since your boyfriend run out on us. If he's still breathing - which I doubt - it won't be the pasta he's interested in.

Woman: Jacob!

Jacob: It'll be your neck!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/24/07 9:16 AM
Great. I just noticed I've got another one of those blood spots in my eye. This time it is the left eye. Must be a burst blood vessel, probably from high blood pressure from having to live in this cage and not getting any exercise. Or I was poisoned again.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

28 Weeks Later (2007)

Country Date

UK 26 April 2007 (London) (premiere)

USA 11 May 2007










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
After my short nap yesterday late evening, when back to sleep after midnight and slept pretty soundly until after 7. Had a dream that seemed to occur just before I woke up. I was inside some kind of missile. Seems like it was an SM2-ER on the Wainwright's launcher and it was going to send me into orbit or outer space maybe. When I woke up, I heard lyrics from that song:

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

I Am Legend (2007)


Neville: Day one thousand and one. We came in close contact with a hive today. Blood tests confirm that I remain immune to both the airborne and contact strains. Canines remain immune to airborne strain only.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/12/08 8:30 AM


I seemed to be at some kind of large shopping mall and I am thinking that mall was in the distance as I was in that median of the highway and I am not certain why the setting seemed to change. At some point though, the setting difintely changed and I seemed to be walking around in the Pentagon. Something was wrong though and the building had no electricity. There was a lot of people around and something seemed familiar about it all as I walked around through various rooms and buildings where other people remained congregated. I guess the reason for all the people as they were in the dream is that the power had just shut off and they were going about their business as best as possible while waiting for it to return. I am left with the vague that the power was not going to return but I am not certain if I knew that during the dream. Then I was walking around again and I can visualize hallways and walls and doors and then something about a water faucet that I left running and that was streaming down the middle of a passageway. At some point, I turned around and walked back to that water faucet to turn it off and I noticed along the way that the water had evaporated for the most part and I was wondering if the stream had changed direction but when I got back to the faucet, I saw that it had been turned off. I pondered in the dream that someone had happened along to see the running faucet and turned it off or that someone that was following me had turned it off. I started walking again and I seemed to be trying to find the stairs because I wanted to go up to the fifth floor and I seemed to be on the lowest level. There was some specific reason I wanted up there and it had something to do with finding an office that had window-walls so I could look outside. I vaguely sense I wanted to watch something but I don't know what it was.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407304/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

War of the Worlds (2005)


[first lines]

Narrator: No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns, *they* observed and studied, the way a man with a microscope might scrutinize the creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.