Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Earth will stand still.




2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:24:14


Jacob Benson: This is it. This is where we're supposed to meet her. Come on! Hurry up. It's this way. You can do this just like with the Trooper.










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chevron

chevron


a pattern consisting of adjoining vertical rows of slanting lines, any two contiguous lines forming either a V or an inverted V










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)


Klaatu: There are some things I can't do.

Jacob Benson: But you have powers.

Klaatu: I'm sorry.

Jacob Benson: Please. Please!

Klaatu: Jacob, nothing ever truly dies. The universe wastes nothing. Everything is simply, transformed.

Jacob Benson: Just leave me alone.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----
From: Kerry Burgess
To: fbise@leo.gov
Cc: inspector.general@usdoj.gov; hotline@dodig.mil; NAVIGHotlines@navy.mil
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:18:20 AM
Subject: Re: Seattle FBI

So what's next, chump?


Are you going to stand up to a real officer of the United States of America or are you just going to keep tiptoeing around me like the pack of cowardly jackals and hyenas you are?


I have been 100% deployed on this official United States federal assignment for 10 years - that you have seriously interfered with - and you think you can just walk away from your treasonous activities?


You have provided material support to an insurrection against the United States of America and the Bill Gates-sponsored War On Heroism and you think there are not going to be serious repercussions to you?


You should not have made me make you surrender unconditionally.

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117500/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Rock (1996)


[Hummel visits his wife's grave before setting his plan into action]

General Hummel: I miss you so much.

[long pause]

General Hummel: There's something I've gotta do, Barb. Something I couldn't do while you were here. I tried. You know I tried everything, and I still don't have their attention. Let's hope this elevates their thinking. But whatever happens...

[he takes Congressional Medal of Honor out of his pocket]

General Hummel: ...please don't think less of me.










2008 film "The Happening" DVD movie:

00:46:20


Woman in group: Are those people killing themselves?

Mr. Collins - Realtor: You were with the Private. What do we do?

Alma Moore: We need to do something.

Elliot Moore: Just let me think.

Large woman in group: They're dying.

Elliot Moore: I need a second.

Mr. Collins - Realtor: They released it?










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----
From: Kerry Burgess
To: House Speaker
Sent: Tue, October 23, 2007 3:22:34 PM
Subject: Fw: Steve Ballmer look-alike

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Kerry Burgess
To: inspector.general@usdoj.gov; hotline@dodig.mil; NAVIGHotlines@navy.mil
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:09:19 AM
Subject: Steve Ballmer look-alike

To: Office of the Inspector General, Department of Justice

CC: hotline@dodig.mil; NAVIGHotlines@navy.mil; Governor Christine Gregoire

From: Kerry W. Burgess (official United States federal undercover identity, an identity completely compromised by forces hostile to the United States of America)







A Steve Ballmer look-alike in a U.S. Postal Service uniform passed in front of me at 4th and Union this morning as I was outbound.






JOURNAL ARCHIVE:

Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:43:45 -0800 (PST)
From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Issaquah
To: "Kerry Burgess"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001966828_whycostco28.html
Monday, June 28, 2004

the former president arrives here Wednesday [ 6/30/2004 ] to autograph copies of his book, his first scheduled stop will be the discount retail warehouse Costco in Issaquah.

When I just read something Bill Clinton read about not wanting to "pile on" to Cheney's shooting incident, I remembered this. The day I went back to Microsoft to ask for my job back, he was at this Costco, which I could see from the window at my cube. I thought that was quite the coincidence, and I hoped it was a good sign, albeit something extraordinary that defied my logic. I remember now too that it was on the other side of the street from that Costco where I went face first into the concrete after my bike slipped on a slick bridge. I had a black eye for a week. I still remember the date for some reason: Feb 1, 2002. I think I remembered it because I had another accident on Dec. 23, 2001, when I was biking around Lake Washington. At the 30 mile point of that 60 mile trip, I hit a patch of ice and went down hard and fast. One minute I was riding along, the next minute I was looking at my feet as I went sliding across the road. Damn that hurt. I dislocated my shoulder because my elbow hit first or right about the same time as my knee. I could barely raise my arm if at all for weeks after that. It was pretty uncomfortable riding the remaining 30 miles back home. And the whole way there and for a time afterwards, I could almost hear something, it was unusal, the way you can feel like there is something on your tongue as that saying goes, but with this, I could almost hear a "thud" sound for a while after, the sound of me hitting the ground. And something else had happened earlier, but I can't quite remember it. I haven't had any accidents since that face plant into the concrete though.












http://www.news.navy.mil/search/print.asp?story_id=13996&VIRIN=&imagetype=0&page=1

6/30/2004

“I have friends in college who are looking for summer work; I’m on an aircraft carrier," said Midshipman 2nd Class Chris Pogue of Chesapeake, Va. "I spent time with a SEAL [Sea, Air, Land] team last year. Not a lot of people get to do these things. I get to watch F-14s {Tomcats} land right next to me. How amazing is that?”

Aboard Kennedy, the 20-year-old was exposed to navigation, conning, chart work and engineering. His running mate, Air Traffic Controller 1st Class Paul Greenough taught the political science major a great deal about air traffic control at sea.

{{{{{










2008 film "The Happening" DVD movie:

00:46:20


Woman in group: Are those people killing themselves?

Mr. Collins - Realtor: You were with the Private. What do we do?

Alma Moore: We need to do something.

Elliot Moore: Just let me think.

Large woman in group: They're dying.

Elliot Moore: I need a second.

Mr. Collins - Realtor: They released it? We're not near the roads.

Alma Moore: We can't just stand here as uninvolved observers.

Elliot Moore: I need a second, okay? Just give me a second.

Alma Moore: We're not gonna be one of those assholes on the news who watches a crime happen and not do something. We're not assholes.










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tribunal

tribunal

A committee or board appointed to adjudicate in a particular matter.