Tuesday, November 23, 2010

as close as I would get to having a child of my own.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sunday, November 14, 2010 Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:25 PM


The advantage of being a cloned human being (is no advantage when you are a cloned human being who was murdered)


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 November 2010 excerpt ends]










1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video:


Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Captain, I'm wondering, do you realize -

Starfleet Captain James T. Kirk: Hold on. Do you smell something burning?










http://www.orbital.com/NewsInfo/ImagesMultimedia/Images/SpaceLaunch/index.shtml

Orbital

Space Launch Vehicles

Pegasus

http://www.orbital.com/images/high/BigL1011ground.jpg

L1011 and Pegasus on runway










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Thursday, September 15, 2005

I had that dream again about the house I bought in South Carolina back in the early '90s. I loved that place, it was quiet and relaxing. That house is always the central element in dreams I have sometime. There are usually variations to the situation, but the house is always there. And there is usually another element to the dream. In the dream, I discover that I still own the house and I can go back there any time I want, even at the very moment I realize it is still there. It is a great feeling to know I can sleep there that very night if I want to.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 September 2005 excerpt ends]










1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video:


Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Captain, I'm wondering, do you realize -

Starfleet Captain James T. Kirk: Hold on. Do you smell something burning? Looks like somebody was trying to cook some eggs. Come on in. It's all right. It's my house. At least it used to be. I sold it years ago.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I'm Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship ...










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 27, 2006


http://www.planet4589.org/space/jsr/back/news.206

In June, the first launch of an advanced Pegasus XL from the L-1011 Stargazer carrier plane ended in failure; the cause has been identified as aerodynamic problems due to faulty hydro simulations (no wind tunnel testing was done).




http://www.satobs.org/seesat/Jun-1996/0230.html

"*Stargazer* is a specially modified Lockheed Martin L-1011 TriStar jumbo jet that's based at Meadows Field in Bakersfield," stated Jim Spellman, executive director for the National Space Society's Western Spaceport Chapter in Kern, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo county.

"It was named by OSC team members in honor of the first 'starship' commanded by fictional character Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the *Star Trek: The Next Generation* television series," Spellman added. The aircraft serves as the "first stage" by carrying the Pegasus XL rocket up to its 40,000 foot release point over the Pacific Ocean near Vandenberg AFB in Santa Barbara county.

"Upon release from *Stargazer* and a five-second freefall, the Pegasus XL's solid propellant rocket ignites


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 July 2006 excerpt ends]