Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Night of the Living Dead (1968)




I had no idea how this film ended. I was vaguely familiar with it but watching it now on Comcast On Demand I did not recall a lot of it and I definitely had no idea how it ended. Watching the video of the film makes me think of several things and one is about how Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Burgess was almost killed on 19 January 1993 because he refused to fire blindly at a target that he had not yet identified and that notion is present in the 1998 film "U.S. Marshals" with the fugitive and the baby as well as the Gary Sinise character in the 1998 film "Snake Eyes."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063350

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Release Date: 1 October 1968 (USA)

Plot: A group of people hide from bloodthirsty zombies in a farmhouse.










http://www.timeout.com/film/news/631


GR In the [2004] remake of 'Dawn…' everybody's in Nikes and jeans.

SP Well, they have to be because they've got to keep running. I was going to ask what your thoughts were on the 'Dawn…' remake.

GR It was better than I expected. I thought it was a good action film. The first 15, 20 minutes were terrific, but it sort of lost its reason for being. It was more of a video game. I'm not terrified of things running at me; it's like Space Invaders. There was nothing going on underneath.










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Independence Day (1996)


Captain Steven Hiller: [talking to the unconscious alien he's dragging] Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad...

[yells]

Captain Steven Hiller: and what the hell is that smell?

Captain Steven Hiller: I could've been at a barbecue!

Captain Steven Hiller: But I ain't mad.