Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Star Trek Generations (1994)




1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video:

01:40:25


Dr. Soran: Just who the hell are you?

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: He's James T. Kirk. Don't you read history?










http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10911FE3C5B15768FDDA80994DA405B828AF1D3

The New York Times

Article Preview

Bridge at Berlin-Potsdam Line Is Setting for Exchange of Spies; Russians March Out Pryor Leaves for U.S. Gen. Clay Is Silent

Special to The New York Times. ();

February 11, 1962,

, Section , Page 38, Column , words

[ DISPLAYING ABSTRACT ]

BERLIN, Feb. 10--An American civilian of the United States mission here joyously slapped Francis Gary Powers on the shoulder as he strode across the East-West boundary to West Berlin this morning.





http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F00C1FFB355A177B93C7A81789D85F468685F9

The New York Times

Article Preview

POWERS TO BE FREE TO TELL HIS STORY; President Says Pilot Must First Finish Interviews Inquiry Is Expected U.S. WILL CANCEL CURB ON POWERS

Special to The New York Times. ();

February 15, 1962,

, Section , Page 1, Column , words

[ DISPLAYING ABSTRACT ]

WASHINGTON, Feb. 14-- Francis Gary Powers can testify before Congressional committees and talk with newsmen after he completes "important Interviews" with the Government, President Kennedy said today.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:43:45 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Issaquah

To: "Kerry Burgess"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001966828_whycostco28.html

Monday, June 28, 2004

[...]the former president arrives here Wednesday to autograph copies of his book, his first scheduled stop will be the discount retail warehouse Costco in Issaquah.

[When I just read something Bill Clinton read about not wanting to "pile on" to Cheney's shooting incident, I remembered this. The day I went back to Microsoft to ask for my job back, he was at this Costco, which I could see from the window at my cube. I thought that was quite the coincidence, and I hoped it was a good sign, albeit something extraordinary that defied my logic. I remember now too that it was on the other side of the street from that Costco where I went face first into the concrete after my bike slipped on a slick bridge. I had a black eye for a week. I still remember the date for some reason: Feb 1, 2002. I think I remembered it because I had another accident on Dec. 23, 2001, when I was biking around Lake Washington. At the 30 mile point of that 60 mile trip, I hit a patch of ice and went down hard and fast. One minute I was riding along, the next minute I was looking at my feet as I went sliding across the road. Damn that hurt. I dislocated my shoulder because my elbow hit first or right about the same time as my knee. I could barely raise my arm if at all for weeks after that. It was pretty uncomfortable riding the remaining 30 miles back home. And the whole way there and for a time afterwards, I could almost hear something, it was unusal, the way you can feel like there is something on your tongue as that saying goes, but with this, I could almost hear a "thud" sound for a while after, the sound of me hitting the ground.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 February 2006 excerpt ends]





http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001966828_whycostco28.html

Monday, June 28, 2004

the former president arrives here Wednesday [ 6/30/2004 ] to autograph copies of his book, his first scheduled stop will be the discount retail warehouse Costco in Issaquah.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Trek_Generations_CD2.html

Star Trek Generations


We need that control pad.
Captain, look.
Where's Soran?
We're running out of time. The|control pad is still on the other side.
- I'll get it. You go for the launcher.|- No, we have to work together.
- We are working together. Trust me.