Saturday, November 20, 2010

Clearly something nautical and fascinating just happened. I am at a loss.




http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/M/Master_And_Commander_-_The_Far_Side_Of_The_World_(2003)_CD1.html

Master And Commander - The Far Side Of The World


All right, Tom, let's get all this squared away.
Aye, sir. Mr Hollar! Let us complete our business here.
Hands, prepare to weigh anchor!
Put that woman down, Slade! This is a ship of His Majesty's Navy, not a floating bordello!










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001314180000&sid=61340&sn=TNTPHD&st=201011200230&cn=662

excite

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)

662 TNTPHD: Saturday, November 20 2:30 AM

2003, PG-13, ***1/2, 02:19, Color, English, United States,

In 1805 a British captain (Russell Crowe) and his crew endure hardships while trying to prevent a French ship from reaching the Pacific Ocean.

Cast: Russell Crowe, Paul Bettany, Billy Boyd, James D'Arcy, Lee Ingleby, George Innes, Mark Lewis Jones, Chris Larkin, Richard McCabe, Robert Pugh, David Threlfall, Max Pirkis, Edward Woodall, Ian Mercer, Max Benitz Director(s): Peter Weir Producer(s): Samuel Goldwyn, Jr., Duncan Henderson, Peter Weir










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/M/Master_And_Commander_-_The_Far_Side_Of_The_World_(2003)_CD1.html

Master And Commander - The Far Side Of The World


The deaths in actual battle are the easiest to bear.
For my own part, those who die under my knife, or from some subsequent infection...
I have to remind myself that it was the enemy that killed them, not me.
That young man was a casualty of war.
As you said yourself, you have to choose the lesser of two evils.
Weevils.
The crew will take it badly. Warley was popular.
Have they expressed any feelings on the matter to you?
Jack, before answering, I'm compelled to ask,
am I speaking with my old friend or to the ship's captain?
To the captain I'd say there's little I detest more than an informer.
- Now you're talking like an Irishman. - I am an Irishman.
Well, as a friend, then.
As a friend, I would say that I have never once doubted your abilities as a captain.
Speak plainly, Stephen.
Perhaps we should have turned back weeks ago.
The men... of course they would follow Lucky Jack anywhere,
rightfully confident of victory.
But therein lies the problem. You're not accustomed to defeat.
And chasing this larger, faster ship with its long guns is beginning to smack of pride.
It's not a question of pride. It is a question of duty.
Duty. Yes, I've heard it well spoken of.
Be as satiric as you like. Viewing the world through a microscope is your prerogative.
This is a ship of war. I will grind whatever grist the mill requires to fulfil my duty.
Whatever the cost?
Whatever the cost.
To follow orders with no regard for cost.
Can you really claim there's nothing personal in this call to duty?
Orders are subject to the requirement of the service.