Friday, November 12, 2010

Hurricane Hugo 1989




You know, studying the track for the 1989 Hurricane Hugo, I cannot help but feel it was following me around that year, not unlike the dialog from the 1980 film "The Final Countdown."

The course track, looking at it plotted in an image, is generally very straight and I see one minor course change and then one more course change that is not very much of a difference but it still noticeable and then it makes almost a straight line for Charleston South Carolina where I was homeported on the USS Wainwright CG 28. We left port to avoid the storm but my pickup truck was destroyed by the flood from the storm surge at the US Navy port in Charleston SC.

I also find myself thinking about how the Bill Gates-Nazis had an ambush set for me at that Ironman Utah triathlon course in Provo Utah in 2002 and if a storm had not suddenly and violently emerged over the swim course then I probably would have walked right into that Bill Gates-Nazi ambush they had set for me in the muddy water of that lake and somewhere a mile from shore of that 2.4 mile swim course. Who would have argued that I had not simply drowned?