Monday, May 07, 2012

Right. Now I remember.




The reason I last paused the DVD, I now recall, after starting it again, is because of the device the actor Laurence Fishburne has around his neck in the film.

The reason I paused the DVD is because I wanted to note that detail.

What that detail reminds me of is the context of me actually watching the film back in, I guess, the year 1997. I think, because of that detail, I saw the film the first time when it premiered in the theatres in 1997.

The detail reminds me of the context of my thoughts from long ago and that I think are from the time-frame of the year 1997.

My mind grows cloudier as I try to relay this information although the details are not really that important.

What it makes me think about is how that device around his neck makes me think of the United States Presidential Unit Citation ribbon that is eligible for the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps. The colors are the same but the alignment is ninety degrees off and it seems to be a medal attached to a necklace which is also not possible since the actual device is only a ribbon. But anyway, that is what it made me think about. A representation of the pennant for the award is consistent with the video of that racketeering production the 1997 film "Event Horizon."

Another detail that I think, without studying it in close detail at this time, is that no other supporting details are provided about that device around his neck.

The insignia on the uniforms of that film are highly consistent with the uniforms of the United States Navy and the United States Coast Guard.

I have no memory of ever being designated with that ribbon and I tend to think of it as similar to a Navy Expeditionary Medal or Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal. The US Navy Combat Action Ribbon that is recorded on my United States Navy record has precedence over the Presidential Unit Citation, which is represented by the order of the ribbons that are worn on the uniform of the United States military.

Why is any of that important? I don't know. I just think about the significance of seeing that detail and the context of the year 1997 and damnit something won't let me remember





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 06:57 AM Pacific Time USA Monday 07 May 2012